• Veteran
So what's the good news?
Its because he's fat.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
My penis tingled a little bit.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM ]
The ofense will get better - more continuity and Roman will also get more experience.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I never understand the lack of respect for this guy? He has basically designed and improved an offense that previously could only muster a losing season. Now we are in our 2nd NFC Champ game in a row and you want to complain?

There are a quite a few DCs who find it almost impossible to stop us on the field and much of that is squarely with Roman's strategy. I think people on here need to stop riding his nuts. We've no right to a perfect season and if we lose because Roman gets cute then so be it. For the rest of the season he calls some pretty excellent plays.

More importantly the offense needs another year with this new QB to fully develop and losing our OC hasn't helped us in the last 10 years has it?

On point though I think Roman is not HC ready yet. Thats not to say he wouldn't leave but I think his resume only improves by staying with us for now.
[ Edited by Envy on Jan 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM ]
  • dj43
IMO, there is a reason that Roman did not get serious consideration from other teams. The 49er offense is a package deal between several people. Unlike most other OCs he just puts the pieces together rather than design the entire package. Teams want a guy with a broader background than Roman has to this point. Also, there have been times when his play calling has been seriously questioned. He may be an HC in the future but I don't believe he is yet ready...and it appears other NFL teams feel the same way.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gus needs a OC right ? Sooo?

why would Roman go there to be the OC? when he has a top 4 team right now?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Envy:
I never understand the lack of respect for this guy? Blah blah bla...

Two words: Jumbo package
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
So what's the good news?

hahahaha. roman has yet to call two good games in a row vs good teams. lets see what he does sunday

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
IMO, there is a reason that Roman did not get serious consideration from other teams. The 49er offense is a package deal between several people. Unlike most other OCs he just puts the pieces together rather than design the entire package. Teams want a guy with a broader background than Roman has to this point. Also, there have been times when his play calling has been seriously questioned. He may be an HC in the future but I don't believe he is yet ready...and it appears other NFL teams feel the same way.
plus other teams feel he is not that good. i do know he is like arnez battle,, over rated by the web zone
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Two words: Jumbo package

Which is one play and has been effective in the past. You might dislike some of his play calls sometimes but most of his play calls win us football games so cut the guy some slack. He more than anyone has had to deal with a LOT this season giving the QB change, injured WRs etc.

People who ride his nuts forget its harder to develop an offense than it is a defense.
[ Edited by Envy on Jan 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM ]
Like to see more continuity going into next season with all our coaches.
I like Roman as a running game coordinator.

Don't like him as an in-game playcaller and the passing game sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. I think we should bring in a bright, up-and-coming innovator in the passing game to help design passing plays who can also sit help out in the booth with the playcalling.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
So what's the good news?

hahahaha. roman has yet to call two good games in a row vs good teams. lets see what he does sunday

Debbie Downer alert.
Share 49ersWebzone