LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Good News - Roman staying

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
This thread is premature. AZ still needs a coach. Nothing is guaranteed.

Roman and Alex in AZ? don't sleep on it.
I really don't wanna see that
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

I really don't wanna see that

i do so we can pound on those fools
this is bad news
Don't know how I feel on this. Roman did call a pretty solid game last week against GB but he's been very inconsistent, sometimes even bad, calling plays the last 2 yrs esp in the RZ. He's not the worst OC, but he's certainly not the best either.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Have to think if he isn't gone this year... Someone will give him a head coach job next year.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Have to think if he isn't gone this year... Someone will give him a head coach job next year.
Absolutely, we are lucky to still have him at this point, regardless if he isn't perfect.

The 49ers have to get it done this year, opportunities like this are difficult to come by, and--except for the past two years--they have been difficult for the 49ers to get (for the better part of 15 years.) Strange to see the coaching staff stick together this long when they win, and there was a constant rotation when the team was losing, I like it and hope it continues (the winning and keeping good coaches, obviously.)
Originally posted by Jcool:

They're gonna have wait awhile again like this year if do.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:

i think it is very possible,, esp alex. i would put money that is where he lands
A trade to a division rival...would have to be a #1 pick
remember,, i am not smart about this stuff.. but since teams know he will be cut anyway, why would anyone trade for alex? again maybe i am missing something about the way that stuff works
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

i think it is very possible,, esp alex. i would put money that is where he lands
remember,, i am not smart about this stuff.. but since teams know he will be cut anyway, why would anyone trade for alex? again maybe i am missing something about the way that stuff works

to guarantee Alex comes to that team. if he's a FA, he could sign anywhere he wanted.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KaepernickFan:
Don't know how I feel on this. Roman did call a pretty solid game last week against GB but he's been very inconsistent, sometimes even bad, calling plays the last 2 yrs esp in the RZ. He's not the worst OC, but he's certainly not the best either.

can he actually call two good games in a row? so far he has not this year against good teams. over rated and no matter what happens sunday, i am way ok with him out of here

to guarantee Alex comes to that team. if he's a FA, he could sign anywhere he wanted.
I don't think he has the cojones to sign with a NFC rival...maybe AFC (raiders)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

so that means teams will not offer anything to us thinking and assuming he will become a free agent right? If he is a free agent we would save lots of money we can apply to our salary cap right ? wrong? i am really dumb on those things. posters like AB are my security blankets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I don't think he has the cojones to sign with a NFC rival...maybe AFC (raiders)

oh i disagree. of course money talks, i think he would like to stay close to the west coast, you can say what you want but he is up for a challenge i think he would love to be in the same division as we are and that chip on his shoulder would drive him. he may not be ck in regards to his skills but please do not question his guts, mental toughness and balls

can he actually call two good games in a row? so far he has not this year against good teams. over rated and no matter what happens sunday, i am way ok with him out of here

I guess we"ll find out soon. Hoping he calls as good, if not better playcalls then we had against GB, but it wouldn't shock me either if he doesn't.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I guess we"ll find out soon. Hoping he calls as good, if not better playcalls then we had against GB, but it wouldn't shock me either if he doesn't.
agree
Share 49ersWebzone