There are 178 users in the forums

Good News - Roman staying

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I don't think he has the cojones to sign with a NFC rival...maybe AFC (raiders)

oh i disagree. of course money talks, i think he would like to stay close to the west coast, you can say what you want but he is up for a challenge i think he would love to be in the same division as we are and that chip on his shoulder would drive him. he may not be ck in regards to his skills but please do not question his guts, mental toughness and balls
Skill, toughness ..some heart..but it's about smarts...not a good place to end a career
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

oh i disagree. of course money talks, i think he would like to stay close to the west coast, you can say what you want but he is up for a challenge i think he would love to be in the same division as we are and that chip on his shoulder would drive him. he may not be ck in regards to his skills but please do not question his guts, mental toughness and balls
Skill, toughness ..some heart..but it's about smarts...not a good place to end a career
if roman is hired as the cards coach,, i bet you alex would love to go play there. in regards to a death wish on alex,i would not want him to go to new york! oakland would be bad enough, who knows, maybe kansas city?

if roman is hired as the cards coach,, i bet you alex would love to go play there. in regards to a death wish on alex,i would not want him to go to new york! oakland would be bad enough, who knows, maybe kansas city?
Roman might need help from AS if he goes...but it's Harbaughs QB brain that changed AS

AZ line is obviously a QB killer..is Roman a OL guru ?
So are he and Alex still a package deal?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Who the f**k is Gud Bradley?

Used to play quarterback for the Redskins, is now a "Made for TV" telemarketer, apparently Jags organization thought he would be good at inspiring people.

I'm guessing he'll be pretty gud...
The NY Jets could still hire Gamble as their GM. The NY Jets could still very easily fire Rex Ryan and create a head coach opening for Roman or Fangio. It is definitely not too late to make changes. The 49ers blew out Scott McCloughan just weeks before the draft and did just fine without him. The same could be said if the Jets make a decision after the Super Bowl.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skylynx05:
The NY Jets could still hire Gamble as their GM. The NY Jets could still very easily fire Rex Ryan and create a head coach opening for Roman or Fangio. It is definitely not too late to make changes. The 49ers blew out Scott McCloughan just weeks before the draft and did just fine without him. The same could be said if the Jets make a decision after the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by Byisgod:
Wow. I'm shocked actually

Me too, just knew Roman was gone.
He could still be gone to College, so don't hold your breath. There is a big opening in Oregon and Roman has ties to the pac-10.

I wouldn't want to play in this division if i were Alex.

Each team in the NFC west is a top 10 defense.

Originally posted by skylynx05:

How about no?
i would like to see him actually call two good games in a row. despite what occured last week i do not think he has much of a clue how to use ck. he has been outcoached in many games this year, he gets cute at the worst possible times. again if we lose sunday it will be due to his play calling in my opinion. sorry i do not drink his bathwater. i know that makes me an enemy of the state here but so be it

This. I'm not impressed by his abilities as a gamecaller. Last week he had a great game, but that's been more the exception than the rule. At this point, none of the 49ers staff is going anywhere, there's a lot to be said about familiarity though and we'll just have to see how this plays out.

Guy gets us to TWO NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW, IN HIS FIRST TWO YEARS, and that's still not enough for you guys?

I don't even...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Guy gets us to TWO NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW, IN HIS FIRST TWO YEARS, and that's still not enough for you guys?

I don't even...

i would like to see him actually call two good games in a row. despite what occured last week i do not think he has much of a clue how to use ck. he has been outcoached in many games this year, he gets cute at the worst possible times. again if we lose sunday it will be due to his play calling in my opinion. sorry i do not drink his bathwater. i know that makes me an enemy of the state here but so be it

This. I'm not impressed by his abilities as a gamecaller. Last week he had a great game, but that's been more the exception than the rule. At this point, none of the 49ers staff is going anywhere, there's a lot to be said about familiarity though and we'll just have to see how this plays out.

I don't even...

LOL not everyone can be bill and the patriots. Like nick said, 2 years in a row nfc championship gm. No complaints from me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I don't even...
when we lose or play poorly it is usually due to his play calling. again if we lose sunday i am sure i can trace it back to his playing calling. i do not think he is capable of calling two good games in a row. he will probably get cute and call for a reverse toss to ginn at our own two yard line. if we win a super bowl it will be in spite of roman in my opinion
Share 49ersWebzone