LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Good News - Roman staying

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I wont be satisfied until all available positions have been officially filled.

This.

true. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jags drag it out until next week to see if the niners lose.
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Gus needs a OC right ? Sooo?

I don't think he would make a lateral move like that

Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Gus needs a OC right ? Sooo?

I don't think he would make a lateral move like that

He can't make a lateral move without Harbs' permission or they would have to make him asst HC.

i'm just saying that option is still open...I don't think Harbs would block a lateral move if Roman wanted to leave.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This.

true. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Jags drag it out until next week to see if the niners lose.

The Jags already picked their guy. We're only worrying about the Cardinals now.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This.

lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm relieved, I didn't want to lose any of our staff. And no I don't believe Roman will be going to the college ranks, hes been there done that. But IMO, Jags should've hired a offensive coach to help with that horrible offense.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
good for who ?
If Cards end up hiring Bevel, Roman's likely staying put. Bevel's Seattle's OC, so he might call his own plays. I doubt he'd take a lateral job anywhere...after all, who's got it better than us???
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
The Jags already picked their guy. We're only worrying about the Cardinals now.

oh, didn't know it was official. he wont go to the cards.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm relieved, I didn't want to lose any of our staff. And no I don't believe Roman will be going to the college ranks, hes been there done that. But IMO, Jags should've hired a offensive coach to help with that horrible offense.

Gus could hire Roman ? chances are slim ..but it could happen.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Is Roman still under contract?? If yes, then no, he can't. And I'm pretty sure Roman signed longer than two years.

Is Roman still under contract?? If yes, then no, he can't. And I'm pretty sure Roman signed longer than two years.
contract or not...he can leave if he requests to, I don't think harbaugh would block a lateral move is what im saying.
contract or not...he can leave if he requests to, I don't think harbaugh would block a lateral move is what im saying.

I believe he would. And why would Roman want to take the same position in Jacksonville, when he's in a better situation here? Makes no sense.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

LOL and why would Roman request to leave a championship team who hes familiar with and go to a losing team who hes unfamiliar with besides the GM?? Only way Roman leaves is via HC. Its unrealistic for a winning OC to REQUEST TO LEAVE a winning team.....again not happening. If Jacksonvilles GM wanted him he would be their HC not OC.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

I believe he would. And why would Roman want to take the same position in Jacksonville, when he's in a better situation here? Makes no sense.
I don't think he would leave... It would definitely make things harder for Roman but since he's buddies with the new GM ..there's a slight chance
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM ]
How in the hell is Rex Ryan still a Head Coach!????
Share 49ersWebzone