There are 159 users in the forums

Good News - Roman staying

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i would like to see him actually call two good games in a row. despite what occured last week i do not think he has much of a clue how to use ck. he has been outcoached in many games this year, he gets cute at the worst possible times. again if we lose sunday it will be due to his play calling in my opinion. sorry i do not drink his bathwater. i know that makes me an enemy of the state here but so be it
Are we experiencing technical difficulties?
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM ]
Who the f**k is Gud Bradley?
Originally posted by cciowa:
i would like to see him actually call two good games in a row. despite what occured last week i do not think he has much of a clue how to use ck. he has been outcoached in many games this year, he gets cute at the worst possible times. again if we lose sunday it will be due to his play calling in my opinion. sorry i do not drink his bathwater. i know that makes me an enemy of the state here but so be it

This. I'm not impressed by his abilities as a gamecaller. Last week he had a great game, but that's been more the exception than the rule. At this point, none of the 49ers staff is going anywhere, there's a lot to be said about familiarity though and we'll just have to see how this plays out.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I don't think he would leave... It would definitely make things harder for Roman but since he's buddies with the new GM ..there's a slight chance

If they were such good buddies, Caldwell would've waited around for Roman another week an interviewed him.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Who the f**k is Gud Bradley?

Used to play quarterback for the Redskins, is now a "Made for TV" telemarketer, apparently Jags organization thought he would be good at inspiring people.
idk if it just Roman on the cute part, the whole staff agrees on what game plan for the next opponent. I noticed that against our Division and lower tier teams we go jumbo packages a lot and try to out physical them...

the only problem with that, is it works better for the opponent because the whole offense is right in front of the defense....i think the 9er staff did it on purpose maybe? don't show all our cards...and keep that ACE in the hole
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I don't think he would leave... It would definitely make things harder for Roman but since he's buddies with the new GM ..there's a slight chance

If they were such good buddies, Caldwell would've waited around for Roman another week an interviewed him.
Last year we went through the same thing, but i read here last year that Roman is comfortable as OC more then HC
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I wont be satisfied until all available positions have been officially filled.

Including the college ranks
Did Seattle lose both coordinators yet? We all know how that feels...that could be a big hit to a young team no matter how talented they are (think Niners, Rams, etc.)

This thread is premature. AZ still needs a coach. Nothing is guaranteed.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Roman and Alex in AZ? don't sleep on it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

i think it is very possible,, esp alex. i would put money that is where he lands
Originally posted by boast:

i think it is very possible,, esp alex. i would put money that is where he lands
A trade to a division rival...would have to be a #1 pick
Good post and comments.

For sure:

A). There will ALWAYS be HC jobs opening up.

B). Even a SBowl appearance on the resume is a door opener. A SB win is a major plus. And keeping in mind that Roman was a big part in a turnaround of a losing franchise w/inept coaching.

C). If I'm Roman, I have to think tht I NEED to get better. That my performance has been lacking consistency. That I have an opportunity to establish myself as an offensive expert.

Personally, Roman hasn't proved to me that he's an expert. He flashes brilliance at times but needs more consistency. I thought throughout the season he was slow at making adjustments to defenses especially Saettle and Rams.

IF he is looking to be an NFL Head Coach then - A lateral move is not in his interest. Neither is a college move.
Share 49ersWebzone