LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Lets get the team to Youngstown NOW

aint the weather all f**k up over there
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
If Vegas was wise, the 49ers would open as AT LEAST 6.5 point faves...but, that ain't gonna happen. If we get reasonable pressure, limit big plays to their big three pass-catchers, and let Kaep be Kaep, 49ers win 34 - 20.

I believe the opening lines are anywhere from SF -1.5 to -3. This is the matchup I wanted and hope Jim will have these guys ready. Let's all hope the WWL pattern will finally be broken. Atlanta almost pooped the bed today and I have a feeling they put a lot of emotion into winning Mike Smith's/Matty Ice's 1st playoff game. They don't nearly have the experience that our coaches and players do so I have to think we'll be VERY focused and this is exactly the way the Falcons have been winning all year. I just think playing two very physical teams two weeks in a row will be too much for them. I'm glad we get them this week and we weren't in Seattle's place.

My gut is telling me we can win this big if we don't turn it over. They had big problems with Wilson taking off and I do think they will spy Kaep and contain him a little more but we have more talent all around and more experience.

What's going to worry me all week is that we're going to be the favorites now and we usually don't play well being the "top dogs", so that has to change. I just think the Falcons will be happy to be in this game. Hoping the travel doesn't affect us.

So excited already!!!!
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 16to87:
We are not playing in front of our dumb candlestick crowd

• Bodhi
  • Veteran
I am so glad that Atlanta won that game. Seattle was not going to play a first half like that twice. They were the better team and fortunately lost.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Ryan is soft, hit him a couple of times and he'll crumble like a little b***h.

yep... seattle didnt show up till the second half, probably fatigue, just get off to a fast start and these b***hes will put their tails between their legs and hide.

Fatigue and that 10 a.m start. Won't be that way next week, our D was barely on the field yesterday
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:

Dont they have dome over there? Hell use all of our OSU alums to bribe them into letting us use their practice facilities

But seriously I am happy with how this turned out. Very excited for next Sunday!
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM ]
Contain Ryan, White and Gonzales. Somewhere in these threads I said that the Seahawks would run out of luck in Atlanta. I didn't anticipate that Matt Ryan would try and give them the game and it should have never been this close. But I also said that Gonzales would be the man and ultimately, he made the catch that resulted in the winning field goal.

Having spent that much emotions on the game and after watching Wilson run around like a fool, I think that the 49er's will have success with Kaepernick. Atlanta should be spent after that game and here comes another running QB.

Atlanta couldn't contain Wilson and I doubt very much that they will fare much better with Colin.

But here's another DOMED field and Kapernick will have a tough time with clock management.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Jan 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM ]
This was probably a dream scenario, a physical and emotionally taxing victory for ATL, the first playoff victory for some of their cornerstone players, this was their Super Bowl. Now, they have to host the NFC Champ game next week? They're done, they got what they wanted. We'll go into ATL and win comfortably (I'm not saying we'll blow them out but we'll never fear them actually winning the game throughout the course of it). Obviously, "any given Sunday" applies but I just think ATL is done.
Game doesn't start until 3pm eastern time which is 12pm pacific time so I don't expect the Niners to come out flat because of the time.
LOL at Carroll calling a time out! You mad bro?

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:

Dont they have dome over there? Hell use all of our OSU alums to bribe them into letting us use their practice facilities

But seriously I am happy with how this turned out. Very excited for next Sunday!

i told y'all....stay @ eddie D's in Tampa Bay for practice after beating the falcons then proceed to NO for Super Bowl XLVII

There's better turf this time?

/thread
Rub something RED!!!!(schwing)
Im hungry..... Think ill have so black pigeon tonight... lol
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Game doesn't start until 3pm eastern time which is 12pm pacific time so I don't expect the Niners to come out flat because of the time.

Very possible. The Seahawks came out horrible but I think we're still good enough to win. Kapernick doesn't let playing from behind rattle hime.
Share 49ersWebzone