LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Atlanta defense: 4th in points allowed per game but 24th in yards allowed. They were also 5th in fewest defensive plays.
Originally posted by OldFalconfrom1968:
..ta-ta!

What a nut cup.
Can we all hold off on the cocky predictions? Regardless of how much better of a team we are, ATL is still a formidable team, and their at home. The last thing we need to is to look past them and fall on our face.

We match up well with ATL, but assuming a victory is foolish. They are going to come into the game as the underdog, despite being the higher seed and the home team. I never feel comfortable as a road favorite.

The ATL D is kind of soft, and we shouldnt have much issue stopping their run game, but between Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez, we could easily get burned repeatedly. Their strength on offense is our weakness on D.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 16to87:
We are not playing in front of our dumb candlestick crowd

Please don't over-generalize. While I admit that 90+ arrests is ridiculous, that's still a small fraction of the overall fanbase -- including myself and my family. I'd like to think that we're savvy to understand the difference between being a great fan (e.g., I always find myself orchestrating my section on when to cheer there butt off and when to shut up; embarrassing, I know) versus being an idiot who uses football as a platform to act out.

I wasn't born during our 80's dominance, but I've been to all the playoff games during the Harbaugh era; I must say, our crowd has been AMAZING!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Hello guys..An Old Falcon Fan here!..I am fired up by our amazing win Here`s to a good game!..Our team is tough and we won the physical match up against a team that dominated you the last time they played you.Sorry guys Falcons take this one,just like we did today 27-24 ..Super Bowl for Tony Gonzalez we are on a mission!..ta-ta!

I will up your Tony Gonzales with Frank Gore and Justin Smith.

Here we come. You guys better be ready.
Yeah how about you soak in the victory today and not be obnoxious by hopping on opposing team's message boards. Congrats, today was ATL's super bowl and they barely won after giving up a 20 point lead. Niners will be looking to avenge 1998 and last year when Sunday rolls around.

Let's Go Niners!
Originally posted by GameOver:
This was probably a dream scenario, a physical and emotionally taxing victory for ATL, the first playoff victory for some of their cornerstone players, this was their Super Bowl. Now, they have to host the NFC Champ game next week? They're done, they got what they wanted. We'll go into ATL and win comfortably (I'm not saying we'll blow them out but we'll never fear them actually winning the game throughout the course of it). Obviously, "any given Sunday" applies but I just think ATL is done.

Agreed, my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure it's "comfortable," but I do think a two score win is likely. Vegas will probably set the line at 3-6 for the Niners (I'm sure it's already up somewhere). And, not to look past Atlanta, but the dream scenario would continue if Houston tops NE today; the Niners match up exquisitely with Baltimore and Houston, but we all know why NE again would be scary.
Niners will smash the dirty birds
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Hello guys..An Old Falcon Fan here!..I am fired up by our amazing win Here`s to a good game!..Our team is tough and we won the physical match up against a team that dominated you the last time they played you.Sorry guys Falcons take this one,just like we did today 27-24 ..Super Bowl for Tony Gonzalez we are on a mission!..ta-ta!

Good job blowing the lead.

LOL.
Best of luck for this one, Niners fans.
1. VD should have a monster game vs these atl Linebackers. They are fast but undiciplined and always out of position.
2. Seattle created their team to mirror ours using Harbaghs blueprint. They had an appetizer, now it's time for the full meal.
3. We are a better coached team, I mean Carrol not kicking that fg down 13-0? They lost by 2....
4. They will not be able to run the ball vs SF like they did on Seattle... Those big runs were back breakers. I would love to see J. Rogers run over Goldson like he did Earl Thomas smh.
5. Overall our pass D is better than Seattle, we just don't give up the big plays ATL goes for.
6. We are more battle tested and just a better team then ATL. We know the pain of a NFC Championship loss, and our boys will play the best game of the year.

1. VD should have a monster game vs these atl Linebackers. They are fast but undiciplined and always out of position.
2. Seattle created their team to mirror ours using Harbaghs blueprint. They had an appetizer, now it's time for the full meal.
3. We are a better coached team, I mean Carrol not kicking that fg down 13-0? They lost by 2....
4. They will not be able to run the ball vs SF like they did on Seattle... Those big runs were back breakers. I would love to see J. Rogers run over Goldson like he did Earl Thomas smh.
5. Overall our pass D is better than Seattle, we just don't give up the big plays ATL goes for.
6. We are more battle tested and just a better team then ATL. We know the pain of a NFC Championship loss, and our boys will play the best game of the year.
Smith bros causing chaos all day!!!
ATL are us last yr will lose in the NFCC game this was their superbowl! CK7 will be too much!
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM ]
Niners are 3 point favorites!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone