LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Bring back Moss?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'd keep him, but only on a low contract w/o guaranteed $. At this point, he brings more to the locker room than he does on Sundays, IMO. If we can get that cheaply, great.
of the 2 WR's who we might get rid of, he def has a huge edge over the soon to be gone Ted Ginn.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
of the 2 WR's who we might get rid of, he def has a huge edge over the soon to be gone Ted Ginn.

Ginn isn't in the "might get rid of " category. He's in the "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out" category.

He has never contributed as a WR and was on the roster ONLY to return punts. He hasn't contributed ANYTHING as a punt returner and has had a problem catching them...you know, the main reason we wanted him back there to begin with.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I would draft at least 4 WRs next year and hopefully we can find one or two decent ones out of those four.
better yet, i see no reason why they wouldnt want to bring randy back. especially if they start using him to his best potential like they should, an let him stretch the defenses an get some TDs.
we need him for our lacking redzone offense
Yes; You have to give some of the credit to Moss for Crabs having his best season ever.

As long as Moss is content being a 49er I'm content with him..
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Ginn isn't in the "might get rid of " category. He's in the "don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out" category.

He has never contributed as a WR and was on the roster ONLY to return punts. He hasn't contributed ANYTHING as a punt returner and has had a problem catching them...you know, the main reason we wanted him back there to begin with.

I agree, Ginn's value on this team has gone way down. He will be looking elsewhere for a job. We need to draft or sign a young WR who has some height (6-2 or taller) so that Moss can develope him. Tons of tall WR's in this years draft. Maybe grab one in rounds 3-5
Bring back a HOF???? Uhhhh yes!!!!
I like Moss but you can tell he's a shell of his former self. I'd bring him back if he's willingly to accept a cheap 1 or 2 yr deal. Whether he's back here next yr or not, we def need to bring in a viable good #2 WR to start opposite of Crabtree. Moss may even play better being our #3 or #4 WR next season.

Originally posted by KaepernickFan:
I like Moss but you can tell he's a shell of his former self. I'd bring him back if he's willingly to accept a cheap 1 or 2 yr deal. Whether he's back here next yr or not, we def need to bring in a viable good #2 WR to start opposite of Crabtree. Moss may even play better being our #3 or #4 WR next season.

yea i agree, we still looking for a good number 2 or even 1, especially if manningham not ready to go.
Bring him back. He has great leadership skills when he's not being a diva. Yes, his skills have diminished a bit, but he seems to have accepted his role this year. Keep him!
Moss only came back because his daughter talked him into it. He was crying in his basement the day after he retired. He was tired of all the ''old man'' talk. Football left a bad taste in his mouth, and I don't blame him, but ...he is back at it, at least attempting to get the record. A few inches to the right and that football from Kaep is another Moss TD.

1)Rice
2)TO
3)Taylor
4) Moss
Definitely he still has value to us and he is a cheap hit to our salary cap. Not doing that would imply that we have a better option for an equal price which of course we don't.

Plus I love hearing about the story of him keeping Vernon Davis' ego in check when Davis was b***hing about not getting any passes thrown his way. Always good to have some humbling maturity on the team.
I think the strongest reason to bring Moss back is because unlike many veterans, Jacobs comes to mind, who hang on too long and still think they are the same guy as they were in their prime days, Moss realizes that he is not the same guy from 5 years ago and more importantly, he realizes that his biggest asset to this team, outside of being a 3rd WR or an occasional 1 or 2 if there are injuries, is that his mind and knowledge now means more to his team than his hands and legs. This is rare and unique for someone of Moss's caliber and career credits that he is willing to do this when history has shown that very few players in his same position and stature as a clear cut HOF'r would rather just hang em up.
Share 49ersWebzone