LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 162 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kyle Bonagura ‏@KyleBonagura Akers looked hesitant, Cundiff was pretty much spot on. Cundiff was more accurate, more powerful in time open to media.

Kyle Bonagura ‏@KyleBonagura Cundiff was good from as long as 55 with room to spare. Akers had a few decent kicks, but was also short from 52 at one point.

Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch49 The first kick off between Billy Cundiff and David Akers appeared to won by Cundiff. At one point Akers missed 3 of 4 from distance.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Kyle Bonagura ‏@KyleBonagura Akers looked hesitant, Cundiff was pretty much spot on. Cundiff was more accurate, more powerful in time open to media.

Kyle Bonagura ‏@KyleBonagura Cundiff was good from as long as 55 with room to spare. Akers had a few decent kicks, but was also short from 52 at one point.

Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch49 The first kick off between Billy Cundiff and David Akers appeared to won by Cundiff. At one point Akers missed 3 of 4 from distance.

Okay, I've read enough, Cundiff is the starting Kicker, put Akers on IR or cut him. I don't want Akers on the field during playoffs, what little hope I had left in him is gone.
In an unofficial media count, Akers made 16 of 21 field goals and Cundiff made 10 of 12 attempts with Andy Lee serving as holder (Cundiff also kicked from a portable holder). Akers' misses were from 43, 43, 48, 52 and 55 yards. Cundiff missed from 45 and 52 yards.
The divisional game is gonna come down to one of these kickers
In an unofficial media count, Akers made 16 of 21 field goals and Cundiff made 10 of 12 attempts with Andy Lee serving as holder (Cundiff also kicked from a portable holder). Akers' misses were from 43, 43, 48, 52 and 55 yards. Cundiff missed from 45 and 52 yards.

good work brother

I like what I am hearing about Cundiff. Like many others I hear his name and only think about that botched kick in the AFC championship. I tend to overlook that the guy was pretty much automatic anything inside 55 for the Ravens all season before that.

I think Akers is still hurting from that groin or whatever injury he had. Maybe heal him up and he will be good next year and in the meantime we can use this guy. Just hopefully we don't have to put him in position to win a game in the clutch.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

I guarantee if not the divisional game there will be a game that will depend on whoever the kicker is
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Fk it... just play 4 downs and go for 2

lol, like a savage.
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN #49ers Akers FG breakdown 1/1 (1-19 yds) 8/9 (20-29 yds) 11/13 (30-39 yds) 7/13 (40-49 yds) 2/6 (50+ yds)

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

I guarantee if not the divisional game there will be a game that will depend on whoever the kicker is

Super Bowl.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN #49ers Akers FG breakdown 1/1 (1-19 yds) 8/9 (20-29 yds) 11/13 (30-39 yds) 7/13 (40-49 yds) 2/6 (50+ yds)

I guess Harbs and baalke forgot about this.

Cundiff is an example of coaches attempt of external motivation. With veterans like Akers, it's effective.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Cundiff is 12-14 in his career in the playoffs
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Cundiff is 12-14 in his career in the playoffs

But the ones hes missed were the most important one.
Share 49ersWebzone