LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Gonna battle it out during practice. whoever wins gets to be active on gamedays

sounds like this just purely motivational. Akers will still be the kicker in the playoffs.
praise the lord though Cundiff was horrible for the Skins earlier in the year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
did the coaches just wake up monday morning and realize this was a problem?
what if Cundiff wins out, misses the first 2, and Akers comes in and hit the game winner!
billy cundiff?

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
what if Cundiff wins out, misses the first 2, and Akers comes in and hit the game winner!

Or vice versa, Akers misses two and Cundiff hits the game winner... . Unfortunately, I doubt either would be in that situation since we'll go for it on 4th down even in the Red Zone.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Or vice versa, Akers misses two and Cundiff hits the game winner... . Unfortunately, I doubt either would be in that situation since we'll go for it on 4th down even in the Red Zone.

dont think we'll have 2 active on game days. think 1 will get cut before our game
A younger 2013 Akers to compete with the original.
Originally posted by cciowa:
did the coaches just wake up monday morning and realize this was a problem?

I think they've been in disbelief Akers can continue to suck. Kind of a "its got to be a law averages thing"
Coach always seems to go for the 'burn outs' to bring them back to life and see if they still have any fight in them. All a down and out player needs is someone to believe in them to give them that one last shot and they'll be at their peak.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
This doesn't make me feel any better

THIS. LOL. 7 of 12 this year, 28 of 37 last year, career 75% kicker. Blew a 32 yard field goal to get the Ravens into the Superbowl last year. Hope this is more to motivate Akers than to actually let this guy kick.

Youve seen Akers kick lately, correct? ANYONE is better. I would rather Andy Lee kick than Akers.

Akers is up in his head right now. He WILL blow a close playoff game. At least Cundiff has a chance to be solid.
f**k it. Just go for it! We don't need a kicker.
They couldn't find anyone better than Cundiff? I seem to recall a couple of young guys cut earlier this year that had promise. I know you'd rather have a veteran presence for the playoffs, but c'mon, Cundiff isn't exactly Mr Automatic. Seems like either a desperation move, or one meant to motivate Akers out of his slump.
They couldn't find anyone better than Cundiff? I seem to recall a couple of young guys cut earlier this year that had promise. I know you'd rather have a veteran presence for the playoffs, but c'mon, Cundiff isn't exactly Mr Automatic. Seems like either a desperation move, or one meant to motivate Akers out of his slump.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
f**k it. Just go for it! We don't need a kicker.

let andy lee punt the kickoffs, he can probably boom them into the end zone. of course if we had a decent red zone offense we could get touchdowns and not have to leave it up to num nuts
Share 49ersWebzone