LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Nate Kaeding was/is a better kicker than Cundiff, wonder why they chose Cundiff over Kaeding?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Nate Kaeding was/is a better kicker than Cundiff, wonder why they chose Cundiff over Kaeding?

they should have signed nate when they had the chance but no they just set around playing f**king checkers,"hoping" num nuts would snap out of it
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:

they should have signed nate when they had the chance but no they just set around playing f**king checkers,"hoping" num nuts would snap out of it

And if they signed Cundiff why not just cut Akers already. I agree Kaeding should have been the choice, I think he deserves a second chance. His last season in 2010 he was 28-23.

And if they signed Cundiff why not just cut Akers already. I agree Kaeding should have been the choice, I think he deserves a second chance. His last season in 2010 he was 28-23.

Kaeding was signed by Miami so he wasn't available, I still think Akers will be the guy this is a desperation move to wake him up
Originally posted by matt49er:

Kaeding was signed by Miami so he wasn't available, I still think Akers will be the guy this is a desperation move to wake him up

Akers is not just a kicker to the harbaugh family.... They are giving him a last chance

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Made more than he attempted
Isn't it impossible to evaluate kickers in practice? Akers kicks 60 yarders in pre-game warm ups all the time. There's no way to replicate the game atmosphere in practice. I think this is just Harbaugh trying SOMETHING to help get Akers's mojo back.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Jan 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM ]
I Can't believe this is not the most talked about topic. When we hit the playoffs, teams are so much more evenly matched, that kickers become so much more important. Fortunately, for us, Green Bay's kicker is even shakier than Akers, but how will this be handled? If Akers misses, he loses his job to a guy that cost another team in the playoffs last year? This is a very scary situation, hopefully it makes our coaches more agressive in the red zone.
Given how Cundiff finished last year and started this year, I'm not jumping out of my chair. I was rooting for Medlock.

The one good thing that can come out of this is more touchdowns. Instead of taking a 50 yard attempt go for it on fourth down. We saw it happen against Arizona. Of course that won't help when we are down by two with three seconds left good grief. At least we don't have Lucy as our place holder.
Hell yea that means he can't miss for at least 5 kicks. Let's sign him too!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Made more than he attempted
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Newly added 49ers kicker Billy Cundiff has been issued No. 6. The first Cundiff vs. David Akers practice begins at 2:15 p.m. (PT).
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch Jim Harbaugh and Brad Seely closely watched David Akers and Billy Cundiff take turns booting FGs at start of practice. #49ers
Fk it... just play 4 downs and go for 2
Share 49ersWebzone