There are 40 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what went so wrong in Seattle?

I don't think any team in the NFL would've beat the Seahawks that night. It is by far the worst place to play for an opposing team. Let's see how real Seattle is in the playoffs. The loss of Justin Smith was a big blow but we have all-pros throughout the line up. If there was a poll before the NE game and the topic was if the 49ers could win only one game who would it be NE or Seattle. My vote would be the NE game, beating a past SB champ, against playing a Seattle team that could've knocked us out of the division lead.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We couldn't beat 2 of the hottest teams in the NFL back to back on the road this late in the year. They needed it and they beat us. The game in Foxboro was the Super Bowl preview


They wanted it more. The whole damn atmosphere up in that bird cage just willed that game into existence. Some call it "momentum".

A blocked field goal taken back for 6 from the 5 yard line? How often does that happen?
They damage a player's knee to cause a fumble? How often does that happen?

Remember the Warriors and "We Believe". The Warriors and their fans just WANTED it more. The entire atmosphere forced that upset into existence. The same thing happened in Seattle. That place is a brutal place to play to begin with, but on top of that the whole damn city and the bird team were treating that game like their Super Bowl.

Long after we win the 2012 Super Bowl, they'll be telling their grand kids about that game where they beat the best team in the NFL up in the bird cage. Let em have their fun. It's the closest they'll ever come to a Super Bowl.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I don't think any team in the NFL would've beat the Seahawks that night. It is by far the worst place to play for an opposing team. Let's see how real Seattle is in the playoffs. The loss of Justin Smith was a big blow but we have all-pros throughout the line up. If there was a poll before the NE game and the topic was if the 49ers could win only one game who would it be NE or Seattle. My vote would be the NE game, beating a past SB champ, against playing a Seattle team that could've knocked us out of the division lead.


That's because NE is a real team, rather than a "12th man" (who only shows up at home) circus show.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
The Pats game took a lot out of our team. We really got up for that game. Had to travel across the country then play in Seattle which is the toughest place to play. I think we'll bounce back.

If you told me we'd go 1-1 playing at Gillette and Qwest in December I'd be content.

I was more expecting winning 1 of 2, which is what happened. But did not expect a blowout in Seattle. I think we're fine. The injuries though are of concern especially if we don't get the bye. I'm going to be the biggest Minnesota fan this weekend.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We couldn't beat 2 of the hottest teams in the NFL back to back on the road this late in the year. They needed it and they beat us. The game in Foxboro was the Super Bowl preview


They wanted it more. The whole damn atmosphere up in that bird cage just willed that game into existence. Some call it "momentum".

A blocked field goal taken back for 6 from the 5 yard line? How often does that happen?
They damage a player's knee to cause a fumble? How often does that happen?

Remember the Warriors and "We Believe". The Warriors and their fans just WANTED it more. The entire atmosphere forced that upset into existence. The same thing happened in Seattle. That place is a brutal place to play to begin with, but on top of that the whole damn city and the bird team were treating that game like their Super Bowl.

Long after we win the 2012 Super Bowl, they'll be telling their grand kids about that game where they beat the best team in the NFL up in the bird cage. Let em have their fun. It's the closest they'll ever come to a Super Bowl.

i get your point, but we got blown out pretty bad... We where so dominated that i cant find any excuse to make me believe that we are the better team right now.... maybe a blowout to the cardinals on sunday and the rams preventing them from scoring more than 24 points this coming game will make me think different.
Every so often, the coaches get full of themselves, and come up with a crappy game plan. I believe they let Freddie P. Soft draw it up!
Originally posted by WINiner:
What didn't?

We were out coached. Very poor game plan going in. Harbaugh and company let the crowd into their heads. They attempted to remove the crowd from the game right out of the gates with a quick score explosive game plan when imo they should have attempted to run the ball down their throats and establish a long point producing drive.

The D came out FLAT. Poorly prepared or just emotionally drained? Take your pick I guess. We suddenly forgot how to tackle.

The Akers curse continues to haunt us. He's just played really poor this season. That blocked FG didn't need to be coming out nearly so low.'

Whats up with the plays getting into the huddle? It's bad when your green 2nd year guy is standing there irritatedly staring at the sideline waiting for the play.
Our offense from the first game, complimented our defense. The run game. along with dink and dunk, enabled longer possession, which eventually scored at least a field goal. This rests our defense(duh) which doesnt have many substitutes, or depth at the line. They play all game! This is the problem! We cant have quick strike offense with a one and only shift defense! The first two drives should have been runs, creative runs, not just up the middle where they want us to go. And...as we all know...the same offensive gameplan does not work with every team!
That was their playoff victory ....f**k the Seachickens ....WE GOT THIS

Let them savor that win , because thats the highlight of their year
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I don't think any team in the NFL would've beat the Seahawks that night. It is by far the worst place to play for an opposing team. Let's see how real Seattle is in the playoffs. The loss of Justin Smith was a big blow but we have all-pros throughout the line up. If there was a poll before the NE game and the topic was if the 49ers could win only one game who would it be NE or Seattle. My vote would be the NE game, beating a past SB champ, against playing a Seattle team that could've knocked us out of the division lead.
Theres got to be somebody (veteran)out there who can help us, like when we picked up Charles Haley to beat Green Bay (the real reson we won that game)
We lost because Seattle is spanking everyone right now. The wanted it more and they coached a better game. All-around asswhooping
They just didn't have the energy to compete with the fired up Seahawks. The defense was dog tired, losing Justin Smith the previous week hurt a lot. The offensive gameplan was terrible. They came out trying to air it out. That isn't the 49ers' game. No Gore, No LMJ, or not enough of both anyway. I hope they go back to the ball control, good fundamental football that had been successful the past 2 years. The high-flying, gunslinging offense doesn't complement the defense. The team lacks the depth on defense to keep everybody rested.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Dec 28, 2012 at 7:03 AM ]
Rain, and extremely loud stadium , coupled by fatigue and hangover from beating a real legit SB team in the Patriots the week before.



IT'S JUST ONE LOSS

holy smokes, I don't remember the last time there was so much positivity to doubt in such a short span.

RJ Francois is legit.

I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS LOSS.

It came at the right time. Really a useless loss,because we won against the pats the week before. Plus , Carroll showed off all of this playbook, while we just chilled. Kap learned that he must use his signals alot better and improve in such hostile situations.

This is the BEST defense I've EVER seen. We have alot of depth. We are stacked depth wise. There is no reason we shouldn't go far. BTW I am not a fan of the bye week .
We got beat. It happens. Its the reason the 72 Dolphins were the last undefeated team to win it all. Teams occasionally lose, teams occasionally look like crap.

You guys need to get over it. One game does not make a season.
The other team wanted it more, and we didnt rise to the challenge. If we meet them again in the coming weeks, im sure our boys will be more than up to the task.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
The Pats game took a lot out of our team. We really got up for that game. Had to travel across the country then play in Seattle which is the toughest place to play. I think we'll bounce back.

If you told me we'd go 1-1 playing at Gillette and Qwest in December I'd be content.

Agree. 1-1 split was likely. Bad news is, we lost the #2 seed though. Should have never dropped that second Rams game.