LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

what went so wrong in Seattle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
That is the thing. We have a chance to finish at 11 - 4 - 1. Most people at the beginning of the year would have been very pleased with an 11 - 5 record. Did we lose to some teams we shouldn't have, ya. But nothing we can do about it now. Win Sunday, win the division, hope the Vikings play their little hearts out, get bye, crush Packers in the divisional round at home, kick ass in the NFCC and then take down the SuperBowl.

Not to mention the injury bug we've been hit with. Hell, if we go 11-4-1 that's a damn good record when you consider our schedule.

I just simply can't understand some of the doom and gloom. It sucks that we're limping into the playoffs but it is what it is.
We just came off a big win in N.E.Pat and came out flat
The offense couldn't get into a rhythm.
The defense were caught off guard after ST allowed Seattle's offense to start at the 35 yard line.
Their receivers were getting all the lucky breaks. (Don't tell me that catch that was bobbled by Baldwin wasn't luck?
Kaepernick played like a second year qb. Though the crowd noise might have cause that plus being down by 2 td's in the first qtr.

Anyhow, just like Paccino said in The Devil's Advocate "you can't win em all!" I hope that game is the last game we see them lose. Praying that the Vikings win this Sunday and Niners win. In order to win, this team needs Cowboy Smith to win. Without him, this defense looks similar to 2010. Oh yeah let's get back to ball control offense since its January season. Enough of this air it out fast pace stuff.
It was The L part of the W-W-L Plain and simple, had it been a week earlier we would have won
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by regulator530:
We got outplayed in every aspect of the game ...big backs give us tremendous trouble as well as Mobile QBs

More like steroids

never abandon the running game, especially 3 minutes into the 1st quarter.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Seattle just wanted it more.

Our vibe seemed off right from the moment of kickoff.

Tell that to the players. Tell that to VD who got his head bashed in, or Mario Manningham.

We lost because we lost our most pivotal defensive player, we were coming from across the country after a defensively taxing game, and had to play in a hostile environment against the hottest team in the NFL.

"They wanted it more" is such a horrible cliche. The Niners had a bunch of favors stacked against them to begin with.
What didn't?

We were out coached. Very poor game plan going in. Harbaugh and company let the crowd into their heads. They attempted to remove the crowd from the game right out of the gates with a quick score explosive game plan when imo they should have attempted to run the ball down their throats and establish a long point producing drive.

The D came out FLAT. Poorly prepared or just emotionally drained? Take your pick I guess. We suddenly forgot how to tackle.

The Akers curse continues to haunt us. He's just played really poor this season. That blocked FG didn't need to be coming out nearly so low.'

Whats up with the plays getting into the huddle? It's bad when your green 2nd year guy is standing there irritatedly staring at the sideline waiting for the play.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 27, 2012 at 9:23 PM ]
It's called a bad game. The world isn't ending because of it. Let it go.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Seattle just wanted it more.

Our vibe seemed off right from the moment of kickoff.

Tell that to the players. Tell that to VD who got his head bashed in, or Mario Manningham.

We lost because we lost our most pivotal defensive player, we were coming from across the country after a defensively taxing game, and had to play in a hostile environment against the hottest team in the NFL.

"They wanted it more" is such a horrible cliche. The Niners had a bunch of favors stacked against them to begin with.

What? What does VD getting his "head bashed in" or Manningham getting injured have to do with Seattle playing with a greater sense of urgency, excitement and energy?
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Dec 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM ]

• nj9er
  • Veteran
First drive we tried to go deep to quiet the crowd. On the punt they had a decent return plus penalty gave the. Good field position. The uncalled hold on RGF on the lunch TD.
Going downfield the block kick when it could have been 14-3 or 14-7 if Manningham makes that catch. Instead it's 21-0 and at that point the run game was prematurely abandoned. Crowd never got out of game caused bad communication and refs didn't do us any favors.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
play calling and execution was turrible. I'm not worried. Just another bad game like the giants and rams games.
Been said before:
Horrid O game plan. Bad D game plan. We needed a spy on Wilson and Lynch....there just weren't enoug guys to go around. That said, you can have a D plan around that...WE DIDN'T.

Play calling starting wth the long bomb from our 15 yd line in ice cold rain. Overthrown, like many of kap's long ones. Really poor choice considering weather and field position, which after two more incompletes, and a punt, gave the seahawks the ball on our 45. Now that is crappy play calling and not thinking ahead. To this point and thru 2nd qtr, roman called one series of bad plays after another. Into 3rd qtr, out came the playcall game board and coach H finished calling the game. But it was too late. Fangio gets bad marks too, but he was missing the heart of our D. RJF was just beaten by a guy with more talent, strength, experience. Still and all, playcalls on D stank.

when calling plays in 1st qtr, it looked like roman was calling plays to kaps arm strength, with 8,9 guys on LOS. Kap got the big rush, but don't you know those 1 to 3 steppers were open all nite. What the heck is this, Kap plays so we have to throw all long passes? That is stupid, when the short stuff they just gave us. I think roman has mental block with kap, not using him to dink and dunk , which he can do, but didn't. Had he done that, established the short passes, they would have backed off LOS and we could have gotten frank into the game. I also think the play book got dumbed down to fit Kaps abilities. That is a very bad idea, and if you do that, then put in alex.

We are getting snake bit again, like last part of season in 2011. Lost mario, lost justin, to go with kyle, hunter. Having AJ and LaMic come in and be there is a big plus. Losing justin....whew...they don't make scenarios to figure that out. His loss is devastating, assuming the reports are correct. I guess they could an emergency patch and guard it, but that would be bad medicine and would worsen justins condition. Besides he can't play all wrapped trying to protect a triceps tear. I think his season is just over. Whew...

I guess the only other comment would be regarding Kap. I hope this was a learning experience for him because:

You just don't throw huge beautiful rainbow passes that takes forever to get there, but hang the reciever, in this case vernon, out to dry. That is all on Kap. Second item is Kap... He is QB..at least right now. He had his raincoat on, had his head down and stared down at the ground most of the nite. He didn't talk with his OL, nor did he try and rally the troops. You don't see Brady or peyton do that when their team is getting beat. And frankly you didn't see alex do that. Kap has to change that and pronto.

As for Harbaugh, he has gone from going from coaching the game of his life to the worst memory of his coaching career. This seems to happen to him every third game. Is he out of it for a medical reason? I sure as heck would like to see him get a physical and neurologic exam before next game. Something is fishy when he looks like last yrs COY and then looks like a green steamer on the grass in the morning...every third game. There is a reason for this...I just don't happen to be smart enough to know what it is.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM ]
Karma, Harbaugh's college players did us dirty like he did them. They probably told Alex not to trust him after the game.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Karma, Harbaugh's college players did us dirty like he did them. They probably told Alex not to trust him after the game.

Taking a better job is doing someone dirty? Players aren't doing anyone dirty when they leave after three years to enter the draft are they?
If so, you should always be ready to do someone dirty. Look out for your own career.
Share 49ersWebzone