LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

what went so wrong in Seattle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Seattle just wanted it more.

Our vibe seemed off right from the moment of kickoff.

Tell that to the players. Tell that to VD who got his head bashed in, or Mario Manningham.

We lost because we lost our most pivotal defensive player, we were coming from across the country after a defensively taxing game, and had to play in a hostile environment against the hottest team in the NFL.

"They wanted it more" is such a horrible cliche. The Niners had a bunch of favors stacked against them to begin with.

What? What does VD getting his "head bashed in" or Manningham getting injured have to do with Seattle playing with a greater sense of urgency, excitement and energy?

Thats not what you said. you said the Seahawks "wanted it more". The 49ers might have been beaten, but to say they didnt want the game as much as the Seahawks would be taken as a total insult by anyone on the team. For being tired, coming off a draining east coast weather game against arguably the best team in the NFL, they gave it a pretty great effort. It had the makings of a beatdown from the start because of the Niners being banged up and wiped out. You seem to think they just mailed it in.
No Thunder imo
Bring out the Glade we stunk it up.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Everything
  • Silky
  • Veteran
The entire team got food-poisoned
They killed any momentum we had going. An Akers blocked FG for a TD and the first drive on the second half - moving the sticks, then a fumble and a killer blow to Manningham's season. I think this would of been a game without these 2 turnovers.
How about the fact that we started out with three straight pass incompletions, punted the ball away and then Tremaine Brock gave Seattle an extra 15 yards on a stupid stupid penalty...follow that with a Redballs Lynch touchdown with holding galore...and you have the start of a bad game.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Been said before:
Horrid O game plan. Bad D game plan.

I could be wrong but the D game wasn't too bad. I'm not a X's & O's guy but I did notice that RW was running around(I think it was a lot too) to keep the play alive cause the secondary was blanketing their WRs' until RW had to run around cause he felt our Dline pressure. So if I'm correct, the D game was decent at the least, don't get me wrong though it did have its holes too.

RW's mobility was 1 of the main things that killed our D. I don't know if it was the high from the big W in NE or jus straight up "under-estimating" RW's mobility oorrr if RW is jus that good. We had a similar problem in the Viking's game. Their QB was mobile too, don't think the niners expected that then or the last game. I seen atleast 4 or 5 sacks if that was Brady, Manning or any other non mobile QB.
This game came down to two things...

We were drained physically and emotionally from the NE game, especially our D. They played 6 quarters worth of football thanks to the Pats high tempo offense, which was even more high tempo thanks to the big lead we had in the 3rd quarter.

Seattle came out and played like it was the SB. They were rested, at home, and had an easy win vs Buffalo the previous week.

Had the schedulers switched the Seattle game and Arizona game, I think we would've had a much better chance at winning. At least it would've been a lot closer.
1. Seahawks Super Bowl (Just like Minnesota this week)
2. First drive they punched us in the mouth running through Justin Smith's hole
3. Offense started slow
4. Every break went their way - Ever break went against us (How often Gore fumble)
5. Akers striked again

Game over @ Half

The long and short of it is this.

~ I generally think we are not as good as we think this year.
~ Key injuries derailed us further.
~ The Seahawks QB and defense are far better than people give them credit for. A legit team.
~ Their home field advantage is among the best in the entire NFL. They were tough there even in bad years. Now they are monsters.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We came out flat. How's that for an explaination? They jumped on us early and then they couldn't be stopped. It was an enormous egg laying on our part.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 28, 2012 at 2:49 AM ]
Kapow, that's what happened. Come on guys. Our primary issue in the game was our inability to have an offense that could win a shoot out, or come from behind. Our primary issue in the game was Kapow, the leader of the offense. If he could have engineered some points, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Hopefully he'll rebound for the AZ game.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Kapow, that's what happened. Come on guys. Our primary issue in the game was our inability to have an offense that could win a shoot out, or come from behind. Our primary issue in the game was Kapow, the leader of the offense. If he could have engineered some points, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Hopefully he'll rebound for the AZ game.

He didn't do anything at all. Except for garbage time.
I don't think any team in the NFL would've beat the Seahawks that night. It is by far the worst place to play for an opposing team. Let's see how real Seattle is in the playoffs. The loss of Justin Smith was a big blow but we have all-pros throughout the line up. If there was a poll before the NE game and the topic was if the 49ers could win only one game who would it be NE or Seattle. My vote would be the NE game, beating a past SB champ, against playing a Seattle team that could've knocked us out of the division lead.
Share 49ersWebzone