There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whos the most important player who has to step up for our playoff run?

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I would tend to agree, but I remember several instances where Kap is looking at the sidelines waiting for the playcall from the coaching staff. At what point does a QB just call a play if the coaching staff cannot get it in time?

That shows his lack of knowledge of the playbook. It's still not second nature for him yet...
[ Edited by SaksV on Dec 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:
I'd like to see us get back to pounding the rock.

We all know Frank is gonna do his job.

So that puts the pressure on Roman to call the plays, the O-line to block there butts off and Keap to make the correct Audibles.

Agreed! The placycalling against the bears was awesome, but we started integrating all of this pistol crap (which I am beginning to dislike) which seems to be pretty easily shutdown with a LB spy. They have to notice that Kap is not getting away from defenders as much and the running game is no good from the pistol.

I have this gut feeling that the Niners are setting themselves up for the playoffs. watch the pistol dissappear completely once the playoffs begins and go more to the well-balance run and pass game with the heavy packages and more traditional WCO.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Originally posted by pete98146:
1. Our offensive line as a whole. When Kaep gets time he can do wonders.
2. Randy Moss. Losing Manningham and Kyle Williams is unfortunarte. Randy has to show up the entire game instead of giving us 3 or 4 catches.
3. Ray McDonald. We can't rely on Aldon to be the only person putting pressure on the QB. The other side of the DL needs to contribute to the pass rush.
4. Colin Kaepernick. Needs to dial in those passes. He's missing receivers by inches on some of those throws.
5. Jim Harbaugh/Greg Roman. Hey what does it take to get the plays in on time? If you don't, CK is overly worried about the play clock instead of making his pre toss reads.
6. David Akers. Come on buddy we need you!

#5 - CK deserves the majority of that blame.

THANK YOU idk why people refuse to see this is a major problem. IDK what the hell it is with this guys but he cant line up team on time waste TO and pisses me off beyond compare.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Let me also add that it I don't think it is just coincidence that our defense hasn't been as good since Kapernick took over. Smith could sustain long drives better than Kapernick... thus giving our defense a good breather.

Anybody know what our TOP is like with Kap vs Smith?

Really? The king of the three and out? I would have to think our TOP would be better now that S ugh is not starting. Anyone have the stats? Too busy to look it up 😁

The AS three and outs thing that gets spread around here is simply a falsity.

The stat you are asking for was posted in another thread, i cant remember which one ATM, but AS put Kaep to shame on drives over 5 min long this season. It wasnt even close.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Has to be VD

VD did his part last year in after disapearing in regular season its all about the QB in postseason and coaching.
Kaepernick
Originally posted by SaksV:
I would tend to agree, but I remember several instances where Kap is looking at the sidelines waiting for the playcall from the coaching staff. At what point does a QB just call a play if the coaching staff cannot get it in time?

That shows his lack of knowledge of the playbook. It's still not second nature for him yet...

At some point, perhaps after the season is over, Harbaugh needs to be made accountable for choosing to put this inexperienced QB in such a position to fail.

I hope he is asked and forced to respond to these tough questions. Perhaps a Lowell Cohn or someone else will have cojones to ask?
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by SaksV:

At some point, perhaps after the season is over, Harbaugh needs to be made accountable for choosing to put this inexperienced QB in such a position to fail.

I hope he is asked and forced to respond to these tough questions. Perhaps a Lowell Cohn or someone else will have cojones to ask?
Jim made the huge mistake of keeping Kap too little to late. This isnt the damn time to learn and develop the future. Time is now to win NOW not next season or next week etc. If Kap cant handle the offense tough sit his ass for someone who can simple. Be it Alex or Tolzien or Me or whoever can play qb around and snap the damn ball on time. AND NOT RUN TO HIS LEFT WHEN HE IS A RIGHT HANDED QB EVERY DAMN TIME HE SCRAMBLES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:

I'm not sure if answering media questions translates to taking responsibility for the QB change but if we don't go to the Super Bowl, the media is the least of Harbaugh's concern. The questions will come from within the organization.....
2. Randy Moss. Losing Manningham and Kyle Williams is unfortunarte. Randy has to show up the entire game instead of giving us 3 or 4 catches.
3. Ray McDonald. We can't rely on Aldon to be the only person putting pressure on the QB. The other side of the DL needs to contribute to the pass rush.
4. Colin Kaepernick. Needs to dial in those passes. He's missing receivers by inches on some of those throws.
5. Jim Harbaugh/Greg Roman. Hey what does it take to get the plays in on time? If you don't, CK is overly worried about the play clock instead of making his pre toss reads.

This is why it's even more frustrating that Harbaugh changed quarterbacks. It's not an even switch, meaning with CK there are now read-option and pistol formations that everyone has to get more accustomed too. I really don't like our offense now. And week 16 & 17 is not the time to chalk up botched snaps and delay of game penalties to gaining experience.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by socalniner:
no brainer for me, it's Kap.

That kid has got to learn to break the huddle, and make adjustments faster!

And stop calling audibles with 5 seconds on the play clock.
Kaepernick, Willis and Akers.

We need them to be leaders and prove we belong in the post season.
Greg Roman needs to step up.

On the Kaep stuff, he's getting late calls into the huddle...
Doesn't matter who steps up..with all the injuries, the change in QB mid-season, abandoning Frank Gore for a pass-happy Greg Roman head coaching audition...one or two players stepping up is not gonna help that much....Drafting a WR receiver in the first round that cannot contribute even at this point in the season was asinine.
Unfortunately we may have a bit too many significant injuries and transitions to overcome.
Originally posted by Axl49:

THANK YOU idk why people refuse to see this is a major problem. IDK what the hell it is with this guys but he cant line up team on time waste TO and pisses me off beyond compare.

I am sure that you realize that Alex had very similar issues for most of last season. I think having Harbaugh listening in w/veto authority might somehow slow the mechanism down. If he is changing some of the plays that Roman calls, I shudder to think what Roman might have called in the first place.

As to the OP: I think more production from VD, AJJ, Kap, Cowboy (or RJF), Brooks, TBrown and Rogers would show the most dramatic improvement to our team.