LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Whos the most important player who has to step up for our playoff run?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok. We all know ways at stake and what's in front of us. Like most Die-shards on here, I can't stop thinking about how the season will unfold for our Niners.

Will Justin play again this year? Will our coaching step up? Etc.

We can't stop thinking about what might be, which bbrought me to think about who is most vital to our Superbowl run.

To me, it's by far Carlos Rogers and here's why: we need to be able to stop the run and make teams one dimensional again. With the trouble we've had, we need to commit to being versatile up front with our dline and concentrate on not giving up big run plays. I think that's where we've been losing in our games.

Which brings me to Rogers. If Fangio can rely on CR to play well on his own, then we can bring our big bodies in to shut down the run. I hope Vic sees this and h ose Rogers steps up.

Who's your most important player in the playoffs for us?
Tough call. There are a few that need to step up and soon!

On D - IMO, Ray Mac needs to lead the pass rush, if Justin is out. This will immediately help our secondary.

On O - IMO, Randy Moss needs to get separation and stretch the field and become a Red Zone target.

On ST - IMO, Akers as to hit everything.
The key to last year was that they could stop the run with the front 7 and they could use the safeties to always provide help over the top for Brown and Rodgers. That's why both played better last year. Now we have to commit a safety to help stop the run. That's why this team plays well vs teams like Detroit and GB. They can shut down the run with ease and keep safety help over the top allowing Rodgers and Brown to jump routes and be more aggressive. But a Seattle, Washington or Minnesota creates issues b/c they can run and pass.

For me it's Brooks. It can't be all on Aldon to get every single sack. Brooks needs to step up big time and create more pressures than offside penalties.
Kap is definitely going to need to play well to succeed in the playoffs. Akers is likely second. With JSmith being out, we may be giving up some points. It does not appear that Aldon gets a ton of pressure without JSmith around. If this is the case, our defense will be giving up 20+ points per game. Kap will be the key to our success.

This post season will be all about Kap's performance. He will really have to step up his game for the playoffs.
brian jennings
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Kaep
Kaepernick, no more thrown picks in the endzone
The starting QB.
  • Jason
  • Veteran
Kap, Justin Smith, Akers
  • Jiks
Keapernick needs to play mistake free football.
Gore needs carries
Justin Smith needs to play
VD now that we have no depth at WR

The run defense has sucked ASS in all of our recent losses (or tie). Seattle was unstoppable because they were able to run and pick up an easy 5-6 yards every time. Then be left with 3rd and short.

We need Willis, Bowman, and the DL to step up! They haven't been playing like pro-bowlers recently.
Let me also add that it I don't think it is just coincidence that our defense hasn't been as good since Kapernick took over. Smith could sustain long drives better than Kapernick... thus giving our defense a good breather.

Anybody know what our TOP is like with Kap vs Smith?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Tough call. There are a few that need to step up and soon!

On D - IMO, Ray Mac needs to lead the pass rush, if Justin is out. This will immediately help our secondary.

On O - IMO, Randy Moss needs to get separation and stretch the field and become a Red Zone target.

On ST - IMO, Akers as to hit everything.

Whether Justin Smith plays or not all of them need to step up and you can add Kaep and the entire o-line to that list as well.
no brainer for me, it's Kap.
Originally posted by socalniner:
no brainer for me, it's Kap.

That kid has got to learn to break the huddle, and make adjustments faster!
Share 49ersWebzone