LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Nope too many injures including our kicker who appears to be mentally injured. Lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
We are just as good as anybody out there and better then most. Of course we a great chance to go all the way this year. Especially so if the matchups go our way. Clearly we want to avoid the Seahawks at home and Lambeu as well if we can. Also we will need to break this two wins and a loss pattern...but we are not just in this, we are a top contender. If we can maintain a consistent effort on both sides of the ball the rest of the way...nobody is as well balaned and well rounded as our guys.

we have not been able to put four good quarters of ball together forever. we are not as good or at least we are not playing at the level or the consistency of a team like seattle or the packers now. that is NOT what you want to see at this crucial time of the year. i take issue with your comment about maintaining a consistent effort on both sides of the ball... you have to START something like that before you MAINTAIN it

Wow...CC thinks the sky is falling...some how the eye roll emoticon doesnt do this enough justice.
Anything is Possible... I'll keep the Faith until they are Eliminated!!!
The issue with the Niners is not the D, it's the ability to come out after the 2nd half and put together a consistent drive. This is a problem we have had for years. We come out for the 2nd half run 3-4 plays and punt, over and over again. No matter how good your defense is you can't win if you can't control the clock.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Hate me all you want but not with Mr Timeout Kap under center. Now Justin might be out there goes our defense and offense will not hang in postseason if he doesnt come back
I think we actually make it back to the NFC Championship game (no matter where our final seeding order is), and I actually think we face Atlanta (I think Atlanta can topple either the Skins or Hawks).
Originally posted by cciowa:
We are just as good as anybody out there and better then most. Of course we a great chance to go all the way this year. Especially so if the matchups go our way. Clearly we want to avoid the Seahawks at home and Lambeu as well if we can. Also we will need to break this two wins and a loss pattern...but we are not just in this, we are a top contender. If we can maintain a consistent effort on both sides of the ball the rest of the way...nobody is as well balaned and well rounded as our guys.

we have not been able to put four good quarters of ball together forever. we are not as good or at least we are not playing at the level or the consistency of a team like seattle or the packers now. that is NOT what you want to see at this crucial time of the year. i take issue with your comment about maintaining a consistent effort on both sides of the ball... you have to START something like that before you MAINTAIN it

Wow...CC thinks the sky is falling...some how the eye roll emoticon doesnt do this enough justice.
I agree 100% with CC. We have not put a good 4 quarters together since the Bills game I think. That is very concerning.

And why do we have to talk about avoiding certain teams in the playoffs? What happened to "anywhere, anytime, we are gonna come in and hit ya in the mouth and dictate to you what's gonna happen?"

Somewhere we lost our edge.
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
The issue with the Niners is not the D, it's the ability to come out after the 2nd half and put together a consistent drive. This is a problem we have had for years. We come out for the 2nd half run 3-4 plays and punt, over and over again. No matter how good your defense is you can't win if you can't control the clock.

This falls on the lack of adjustments and game planning by the coaches.

Rarely does any game in the NFL go according to how you plan it. Things are constantly changing and adjusting, and I dont have a ton of faith in our coaching staff to make necessary adjustments. We seem to stick to the original game plan no matter how good or bad it is working.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rondoman:

Rarely does any game in the NFL go according to how you plan it. Things are constantly changing and adjusting, and I dont have a ton of faith in our coaching staff to make necessary adjustments. We seem to stick to the original game plan no matter how good or bad it is working.

Roman is a frigging moran at times of need. Yet he somehow sometimes calls brilliant plays. It all falls on Roman
Without Justin Smith we beat everyone by 20.

With Justin Smith we beat everyone by 40.

Originally posted by Axl49:

Roman is a frigging moran at times of need. Yet he somehow sometimes calls brilliant plays. It all falls on Roman

As much as I also get frustrated by Roman, Harbaugh is the head coach, it is his OC so he needs to take blame as well, especially since it seems to be an ongoing issue throughout this season.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:

As much as I also get frustrated by Roman, Harbaugh is the head coach, it is his OC so he needs to take blame as well, especially since it seems to be an ongoing issue throughout this season.

harbaugh has too much pride to admit wrong. Why he stayed with kap this long. I hope Roman leaves next year I cant stand his college playbook that loses us games or stalls our drives when we need them the most. We didnt run one goddam time the second quarter when the game was still in reach and gore had a total of 4 carries give me a damn break.
I still believe. Not going to let one game sway my belief either way. I though we were a SB team since the offseason, and that won't change. I look at all the components the team has, and they are more than good enough to win the SB.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
1. QB who isn't ready.

2. Best D lineman out.

3. WR corps decimated.

Nope. Sorry, but we will need to try again next year.
Originally posted by kray28:
1. QB who isn't ready.

2. Best D lineman out.

3. WR corps decimated.

Nope. Sorry, but we will need to try again next year.

I'm beginning to see it the same way. Not sure Justin will be the same even if he plays...It doesn't seem like we are going to peak at the right time...more the opposite...
Share 49ersWebzone