LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Originally posted by cciowa:
no. to many injuries, to much inconsistency, we have not put four quarters together, we make to many drive killing penalties and drive extending penalties, we can not pass protect for s**t, we can not get plays called on time, we lack the focus and intensity we had last year, i say we will not get a bye, still win the division, maybe win at home but will lose in a big time way in the second round either at green bay or atlanta.

You pretty much nailed it. Our offense at times looks like a baby fawn learning how to walk. We rely WAY TOO MUCH on the defense and it's evident that they are worn down and tired. Agreed the injuries don't help either.

Not sure why but that loss to Seattle took a lot of wind out of my sails. Getting our clocks cleaned so late in the season does nothing for the confidence level.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
yea but losing to non playoff teams on the road proves you guys would be in big trouble against a playoff team on the road. you guys are in big trouble if you dont win the nfc west which you probably wont but nothing is written in stone yet

this is assuming we're the same team as we were in the 1st half of the season.. i don't think anybody on this board realistically thinks that... but our road record is what it is.. and now we have to put up or shut up... i don't judge my team on past performances, i judge them on how the look now. and that's pretty darn good on the road and at home.
I am an optimistic sports fan for the most part but I never believed that the 49ers were a lock to win the SB and I think they have about the same chance that I thought they had after the New England game. Losing J Smith makes me think it could be a tougher road but other than that my feelings are about the same.
Less confident now then in the beginning of the season. 3 reasons why: #1 Defense is banged up and gassed, #2 play calling on offense has changed for the worse and three, and this is probably a function of #2, the QB change. This change, by the way, did not have to happen. No need. Offseason would have been better. I've stated my peace on that matter though.

Assume we are the #2 seed, we will most likely have to go through Green Bay. Beating them twice at their place would be tough enough, but doing it with an inexperienced QB stacks the odds against us that much more. Their D is not great, but they're fresh. The likes of Woodson and Matthews have had some time to rest. And Rodgers could carve up our D just as Brady did 2 weeks ago.

Losing to Sea and losing the hold on the #2 seed was HUGE - surprised its not talked about more than it has been.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Less confident now then in the beginning of the season. 3 reasons why: #1 Defense is banged up and gassed, #2 play calling on offense has changed for the worse and three, and this is probably a function of #2, the QB change. This change, by the way, did not have to happen. No need. Offseason would have been better. I've stated my peace on that matter though.

Assume we are the #2 seed, we will most likely have to go through Green Bay. Beating them twice at their place would be tough enough, but doing it with an inexperienced QB stacks the odds against us that much more. Their D is not great, but they're fresh. The likes of Woodson and Matthews have had some time to rest. And Rodgers could carve up our D just as Brady did 2 weeks ago.

Losing to Sea and losing the hold on the #2 seed was HUGE - surprised its not talked about more than it has been.

with gb and nyg's sb runs its become en vogue to just get in and see what happens. i dont agree with it, to me its the exception and not the rule. you cannot depend on having to win multiple road playoff games to win the super bowl.
The team is more than good enough to win it all, it just all matters if they can keep up the level of play they are capable of and be finished with having the kind of game they played Sunday night..
We are in the playoffs, anything can happen but my expectations has been lowered. The offense is in disaray, even more so since CK became QB. The defense is not as good as last year. Special Teams is not as good as last year. We have a chance but it seems to be fading.
Hell yes we are! I believe!
Originally posted by crabman82:
with gb and nyg's sb runs its become en vogue to just get in and see what happens. i dont agree with it, to me its the exception and not the rule. you cannot depend on having to win multiple road playoff games to win the super bowl.

Good point. But CK is not AR or Eli. This is where experience outweighs a stronger arm, running ability, hype and potential. This one is on Harbaugh - don't see it working out this this year and am very skeptical long-term.
Has anyone here seen Rodgers play recently? Its like watching a video game. GB may have had their problems early on, but they are getting hot and healthy at the right time. With the Giants likely out, and Seattle likely going on the road (not good for them), I think it comes down to us or the Pack. In their house, this time of year, our injuries mounting while they are getting healthy, (can you imagine what Rodgers would do without J. Smith in the lineup opening things up for Aldon?)

I have hope that we go to the dance, I just dont see us going to Lambeau and winning. (Atlanta doesnt scare me, maybe they should?)

But seriously, I dont think it matters who goes from the NFC, us, GB, ATL, whomever plays in the SB will run into the Manning express, and I dont see anyone beating Denver right now.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Losing the 2nd seed- Learning experience

Losing to the Rams- Learning experience

Playing like s**t against the Dolphins- Learning experience

fumbling the ball 4 times in one game- Learning experience

Running backwards into the endzone for a safety- Learning experience

Throwing into tripple and double coverage- Learning experience

Not throwing to a wide open Crabtree on a bubble screen- Learning experience

Calling an audible with 3 seconds on the clock- Learning experience

Having to simplify the offense at half time- Learning experience

Besides NE, throwing 1 td pass in garbage time in the last 4 games- Elite

Staring down receivers- Learning experience

Throwing across his body twice- Learning experience

Overthrowing receivers- Alex Smith experience

If you can't win 3 in a row you can't win 4 in a row. This is not a Super Bowl team on so many levels.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Has anyone here seen Rodgers play recently? Its like watching a video game. GB may have had their problems early on, but they are getting hot and healthy at the right time. With the Giants likely out, and Seattle likely going on the road (not good for them), I think it comes down to us or the Pack. In their house, this time of year, our injuries mounting while they are getting healthy, (can you imagine what Rodgers would do without J. Smith in the lineup opening things up for Aldon?)

I have hope that we go to the dance, I just dont see us going to Lambeau and winning. (Atlanta doesnt scare me, maybe they should?)

But seriously, I dont think it matters who goes from the NFC, us, GB, ATL, whomever plays in the SB will run into the Manning express, and I dont see anyone beating Denver right now.

I see every GB game being in Wisconsin, and they are starting to hit on all cylinders, and are the scariest out in the playoff IMO. We are getting key guys hurt, while they are getting key guys back. We are 2 teams moving in opposite directions right now.

And I like Denver in the AFC, but they play in the worst division in the league and havent faced a great D all year long.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
We are in the playoffs, anything can happen but my expectations has been lowered. The offense is in disaray, even more so since CK became QB. The defense is not as good as last year. Special Teams is not as good as last year. We have a chance but it seems to be fading.

Don't forget the injuries are piling up. The teams that go far in the playoffs are often the healthy teams (like the Giants last year, with most players coming back before the playoff run.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Losing the 2nd seed- Learning experience

Losing to the Rams- Learning experience

Playing like s**t against the Dolphins- Learning experience

fumbling the ball 4 times in one game- Learning experience

Running backwards into the endzone for a safety- Learning experience

Throwing into tripple and double coverage- Learning experience

Not throwing to a wide open Crabtree on a bubble screen- Learning experience

Calling an audible with 3 seconds on the clock- Learning experience

Having to simplify the offense at half time- Learning experience

Besides NE, throwing 1 td pass in garbage time in the last 4 games- Elite

Staring down receivers- Learning experience