LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Catch-all postgame overreaction thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well I hope this doesn't get locked.

Here is my take.

1) our D looks lost without Justin. Over 70 points in 6 quarters. 11 third down conversions is piss poor

2) Despite the scoreboard our offense did move the ball, we only had 40 yards less total offense while getting killed in TOP.

3) We need momentum going into the playoffs and we have a big opportunity against the Cards. Let's try to move past this.

4) Vernon is a huge part of our offense because he draws so much attention by the D. Without Vernon the defense has more flexibility and can make it hard on Kap. It showed tonight.

5) it was pouring ran + we got down big early = impossible to comeback

6) go Vikings!

7) go Niners!
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Dec 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM ]
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhh
Anytime the 49ers are down more than 3 points, its been impossible to come back.

Bottom of the line is we have no shot at the superbowl.
Not an over reaction.. We're just not good enough at times. The coaches have been out coached on several occasions this year. injuries are happening at the worst possible time. And it's time to retool the d line this off season.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

We're sposed to overreact in this thread
Well, I blame the schedule makers for this game! HOW THE FLip can you ask a team to fly and play the Patriots then turnaround and fly back & play at Seattle, I blame this season on the schedule makers and injuries PERIOD! We still are in the playoffs and will atleast have one home playoff game if we can can beat the TARDS
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Well, I blame the schedule makers for this game! HOW THE FLip can you ask a team to fly and play the Patriots then turnaround and fly back & play at Seattle, I blame this season on the schedule makers and injuries PERIOD! We still are in the playoffs and will atleast have one home playoff game if we can can beat the TARDS

The Cards are in our division, we might lose since Kap has yet to beat a division opponent.
#3 - Our O was garbage. Can't continue to burn TOs to prevent delay of games. I counted 3 burned TOs - 2 of which were in the 1st Q. And 2 delay penalties. On the positive side, no botched snaps. Was worried about that one in the rain.....again. Take away the last TD drive and the numbers were even worse.

That said, here's the inexperience, Jim. You made your bed.
#2 I meant

How can it be called overreacting when your team gets such a thorough butt whipping, and it was worse than the score indicated? It would be under reacting to find anything positive from this! Besides being yet another example of our inconsistency, it showcases flaws in coaching, offense, defense, special teams, and if it was at home, , the stadium, sound system, parking lot and food services. Just a horrible game and yet another illustration that we are indeed overrated. Seattle had our number and we had no answer for it. And Russell Wilson? What a terrific QB. More mobile, accurate and poised than any of our guys and as impressive a rookie Qb as the more hyped ones. Made us look stupid. I feel physically ill after watching that debacle. Ok, maybe NOW, I'm overreacting.
WE f**kING SUCK. BAN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by UKNiners:
#2 I meant

niners played like #2
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
The Cards are in our division, we might lose since Kap has yet to beat a division opponent.

great post
it is worrisome when your quarterback throws more passes that cause game ending injuries to your receivers than he throws for scores
Share 49ersWebzone