LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Catch-all postgame overreaction thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SilNWest:
Seahawk fan here.

I don't think you guys have too much to worry about, you have a solid team that had a young QB playing at an overwhelming stadium. If you haven't been to Qwest field then I recommend you go, it is an awesome experience to have as a football stadium, and until a qb has played there.... they aren't ready.

The Seahawks are the hottest team in football, and the 49ers just beat one of the best teams in football at their house. They were due for a dissapointing loss.

I wanted Kaepernick for the Seahawks when he was drafted, I felt like he was a winner, and an athletic freak. He will win you games, but he is no Russell Wilson. Wilson hasn't played like a rookie in 8 weeks, he is a consummate professional and puts more work in than any Seahawk ever has.

I told my dad before the game "The 49ers are the best team in the NFL" and I still believe that. That being said, the Seahawks can BEAT any team in the NFL. The 49ers are a great team, but the Seahawks when playing up to what they can do, are better. That said, the Seahawks are young, and if the 49ers are going to win the Superbowl, it needs to be this year. The Seahawks are getting ready.

It must be pretty fun to be in that stadium if you're a Seahawk fan. That game felt like carrying a 100lb weight, that can almost be felt through the TV screen. The energy it creates for the home team allows them to roll over anyone. The Seahawks can beat any team in the NFL, but only at their place. It's the most lopsided home field advantage in all of sports. It's really amazing.

After that field goal block I thought to myself, "We are not going to win, but much worse, we will have injuries." Which is exactly what happened, because injuries happen when momentum is owned by the other side.

I'm a homer, but I also think you beat the best team in the NFL.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Wilson throws such a nice ball. Tear drops it in there especially on deep throws. He knows exactly when to put air under it and when to put some zip.

Kaep doesn't have that.
He lazers throws all over the field and he's got to learn when that is appropriate and when its not.

Wilson's escapability is amazing and he still manages to keep his eyes down field.
Dude is good.

And I hate him.

Did you see the throw to Crabs? It was thrown with such perfect touch that even the DB had to applaud him on that throw.
Wilson also throws a nice ball, which shouldn't have been a surprise as he did it in the first game too.
they beat us. lots of factors went into it but bottom line is we lost. the most disturbing thing is the injuries but if the niners are going to lose, losing big is probably the best thing that can happen to them, especially at the hands of a division rival. were going to beat the piss out of arizona next week and head into the playoffs with momentum. i hope we play seattle again in the playoffs and beat their asses for this. hometown refs, dirty hits, holding and piping in extra sound wont happen in SF. that being said, our team did give up. players were smiling while they were down by 30 points. i just hope justin smith can come back healthy soon and VD comes back within a week or two. Rio i have a feeling is done until next year because that looked like an mcl or acl injury. im more pissed at our lack of heart than the seahawks holding all game long. i hope harbaugh crucifies them in the film room and that includes the coaching staff and himself as well. this was a total team loss from top to bottom
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
they beat us. lots of factors went into it but bottom line is we lost. the most disturbing thing is the injuries but if the niners are going to lose, losing big is probably the best thing that can happen to them, especially at the hands of a division rival. were going to beat the piss out of arizona next week and head into the playoffs with momentum. i hope we play seattle again in the playoffs and beat their asses for this. hometown refs, dirty hits, holding and piping in extra sound wont happen in SF. that being said, our team did give up. players were smiling while they were down by 30 points. i just hope justin smith can come back healthy soon and VD comes back within a week or two. Rio i have a feeling is done until next year because that looked like an mcl or acl injury. im more pissed at our lack of heart than the seahawks holding all game long. i hope harbaugh crucifies them in the film room and that includes the coaching staff and himself as well. this was a total team loss from top to bottom

I said before the game, if our coaches don't come prepared, we could be in trouble. If they come out fooling around trying to audible and make adjustments at the line, we could get in trouble. And guess what they did?

And guess what Harbaugh said at halftime to the reporter? "I think we have to simplify things and not try and make so many calls at the line." What? How come I can figure this out before the game, but it takes the entire first half for the coaches to figure out the audibles were going to be a problem? I mean wow.
I would imagine the next time we meet the Seahawks the D takes away the rollout option right. Make the Hawk QB do a pirouette to the left. Take a good look at the loss, sure we got beat, but take away the blocked punt, the needless defensive penalties, the fumble by Manningham, and we have a different game. Early in the game Seattle had 8 and 9 in the box begging Kaep to pass. Maybe the Seahawks are that good or maybe the 49ers were worn down after NE. Either way the good news is that we aren't going back up to Seattle till next season.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I said before the game, if our coaches don't come prepared, we could be in trouble. If they come out fooling around trying to audible and make adjustments at the line, we could get in trouble. And guess what they did?

And guess what Harbaugh said at halftime to the reporter? "I think we have to simplify things and not try and make so many calls at the line." What? How come I can figure this out before the game, but it takes the entire first half for the coaches to figure out the audibles were going to be a problem? I mean wow.

seriously dude that was pretty ridiculous. that also highlights the fact that kaep takes forever to make audibles or read the defense even when we werent faced with crazy crowd noise so they shouldve known it would be even worse in loud ass seattle
Originally posted by BrianGO:

seriously dude that was pretty ridiculous. that also highlights the fact that kaep takes forever to make audibles or read the defense even when we werent faced with crazy crowd noise so they shouldve known it would be even worse in loud ass seattle

Kaep doesn't take "forever". I mean, if that were true, we would still be waiting for him to finish calling out his first audible.

Forgetting about Seattle for a minute. Kaep's issue is that he tries too hard to call the right play. For example, the defense gives him a new look with 6 seconds remaining, from here, he tries to audible, but it is too late. So its not that it takes him too long, its that he tries to make the right call, even when there isn't enough time left.

Seattle is a different can of worms entirely. You can't HEAR anything. How can you audible when you can't HEAR anything? I'm not sure the coaches realized how loud that game was going to be. I can't comprehend why.
We're 10-4-1 but we're not playoff and/or Superbowl material. Sure, we have a winning record. And, yeah, only one team in the history of the NFL has gone undefeated AND one a Superbowl. But, you know, regardless of that, I'm a loser in my own life so I demand the football team I live vicariously through to be winners to compensate for all my short comings. I demand excellence. Fire eveybody. Give up the new stadium to the Raiders. Move the team to Poland.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I would imagine the next time we meet the Seahawks the D takes away the rollout option right. Make the Hawk QB do a pirouette to the left. Take a good look at the loss, sure we got beat, but take away the blocked punt, the needless defensive penalties, the fumble by Manningham, and we have a different game. Early in the game Seattle had 8 and 9 in the box begging Kaep to pass. Maybe the Seahawks are that good or maybe the 49ers were worn down after NE. Either way the good news is that we aren't going back up to Seattle till next season.

Exactly.

Word on the street is, Superman doesn't show up for the playoffs, because he can only play in eight of their games. Clark Kent doesn't win enough games for them to ever get home field advantage in the playoffs.
Seattle has a heck of a lot of fun up in their place during the season, but come playoff time, it's one and done for the mild mannered Clark Kent.
Any further overreaction: seek therapy.

For now, we are where we are. Still in the playoffs. Maybe even with a bye. But still at least a year away from being a great team.

Share 49ersWebzone