LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

did niners draft the wrong jenkins?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It always amazes me how quickly some fans will attach the "bust" label to a player...I thought it was well documented that Jenkins was drafted for the future, not this year. Guess some missed that...

what happens when the future is now.......

What happens when impatient people must be patient? The only people that decide that the future is now are on the 49ers staff. They can choose to give AJ considerable play time, or they can go 2 TE or FB heavy, with a healthy dose of fullhouse Pistol. The only thing that will FORCE their hand is us getting down to only 2 receivers (AJ being one of them).

Maybe you like having Ginn play WR.....I dont.
Maybe you like the gimmick pistol garbage.....I dont.

I prefer our 1st round pick to contribute to winning now.

I don't like Ginn as a football player at all. I think he is made of glass, and he has smaller balls than a female squirrel. I think the pistol is useful as extra preparation for opposing defenses to focus on, but I think Roman thought it was a little more clever and dificult to defend than it is, and he is over-doing it.

That said, my point was that the only people who can decide that circumstances dictate that AJJ must be on the field are the 49ers coaching staff. As long as they have other people that they can put on the field, playing AJJ will be a choice, not a necesity.

Sounds like he was told today that he can expect more reps and responsibility, so this thread could be a lot more interesting next week.
Originally posted by susweel:
shouldn't this thread be in the draft section ?

Only w/a time machine. Can't draft either one of them next April... I figure AJJ is a Niner, so this works
http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/12/17/3778158/a-j-jenkins-what-are-the-49ers-missing

Check this article out, and the chart with it, very informative.

In the last 5 years, of all the WR taken in the draft between the 15th and 40th pick, every single one of them has at least 106 yards receiving. 12 of the 14 players on the list have played in double digit games. 12 of the 14 on the list have also at least 15 receptions.

We are getting literally NOTHING from AJ Jenkins, and from where he was picked, that is unexcusable IMO.
Everyone knew Janoris was the better player. Many thought he was the top CB in the draft. No GM wanted to spend a 1st on Pacman's little brother though. As long as he stays out of trouble, Fischer and the Rams will look very smart.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Alshon Jeffery was probably a better choice in hindsight. But AJ has yet to step on the field, so we'll see.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Alshon Jeffery was probably a better choice in hindsight. But AJ has yet to step on the field, so we'll see.

Will get fat in the offseason
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Yes
Thank goodness!

[ Edited by oldninerdude on Dec 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone