49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 524 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Post above ^^^^
[ Edited by Garcia on Jan 9, 2013 at 2:49 AM ]
Welcome to the board respectfulpacker. Nice analysis.
Originally posted by HouseNiner:
About f**king time someone actually brought up a good point. Excellent comparison, and nearly impeccable similarities.

I agree about the Niners being at fault if they get knocked out, because while GB is a great team, they are dinged up. I want to write more, but so tired. Good night

Dinged up has never been a major issue, unless it's one of the KEY players. By key, I mean the players you can count on one hand. Rodgers, Matthews, Raji, Sitton and Randall Cobb. In this case, I admit, the biggest concern is both the tackles. This is the only part where there has been a significant drop off. The biggest part of our program is draft/pickup unknowns and develop, ahead of regression. We have had starters go down, and some of the unheralded squad players have stepped in as the next man up. Case in point, our secondary, Brad Jones, Dujuan Harris. Now, this is not gamechanging, but it ensures that when we lose, we have no excuses.

Trust me, we are a hell of a lot healthier than most people think.
Originally posted by leebert81:
Welcome to the board respectfulpacker. Nice analysis.

Thanks.

I like reading the opposing teams' boards during playoff time, you learn things you never would watching ESPN and NFLN because (the majority) of fans know their shtick.

Wow though, can't believe the majority think it will be a blowout.
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Originally posted by leebert81:
Welcome to the board respectfulpacker. Nice analysis.

Thanks.

I like reading the opposing teams' boards during playoff time, you learn things you never would watching ESPN and NFLN because (the majority) of fans know their shtick.

Wow though, can't believe the majority think it will be a blowout.
I don't see how anyone in their right mind thinks it would be a blow out in either direction. I expect a very close game that could go either way. To me, it all depends on which 49er team shows up. Having Smith injured is a big blow to our line. The only way I see us beating the Pack is to put pressure on Rogers all day and establish a consistent run game. We must keep Rogers off the field.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
that phag ass heath evans guarantees the packers to beat the niners.


What a clown statement, bro!

he said that?which NFL Network segment?
Originally posted by leebert81:
I don't see how anyone in their right mind thinks it would be a blow out in either direction. I expect a very close game that could go either way. To me, it all depends on which 49er team shows up. Having Smith injured is a big blow to our line. The only way I see us beating the Pack is to put pressure on Rogers all day and establish a consistent run game. We must keep Rogers off the field.
Exactly. Blowout chances are very slim. Both of our teams were blown out in the regular season (us against the Giants) and one thing I think is mutual between our coaching units is "learning from errors, because you trust the personnel".

Smith is your pivot, the holding piece, but individually I feel like the defensive talent on the 49ers is so high that, through adjustments and creativity, you can compensate for the loss, even a little.

You have the right idea about pressure, but it has to be pressure with a purpose and what I call "Clutch pressure" – one thing I have learned over 5 years of watching our QB is, sometimes pressure gets you so close, but the closer you get the farther you are from a positive outcome because he'll pull a rabbit out and slap a defence with a 6 point strike. The pressure has to checkmate us in a way where we have no answer, even via escapability which usually pays massive dividends and leaves ESPN/FOX/CBS commentary teams waiting in line to give Rodgers a verbal blowjob.
I'm not worried about the Packers at all. They think they have the formula because they stopped a run first qb who hasnt touched the field since God knows when. This guy couldn't have hit the side of the Great Wall of China. The Packers looked spectacular on defense against the unprepared and unequipped Vikings. Easy to look that way against them in the predicament. Even then it wasn't even a blow out !!! I tell you what the Packers looked honest . They had Woodson literally standing in the middle of the field, and various players just spying Webb. Boy did they expose themselves right there. Had Webb had some accuracy, some of those passes would have gone for big gains and possibly TD's. Kaepernick will keep them honest and will shred these guys because his passes wont miss.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
I'm not worried about the Packers at all. They think they have the formula because they stopped a run first qb who hasnt touched the field since God knows when. This guy couldn't have hit the side of the Great Wall of China. The Packers looked spectacular on defense against the unprepared and unequipped Vikings. Easy to look that way against them in the predicament. Even then it wasn't even a blow out !!! I tell you what the Packers looked honest . They had Woodson literally standing in the middle of the field, and various players just spying Webb. Boy did they expose themselves right there. Had Webb had some accuracy, some of those passes would have gone for big gains and possibly TD's. Kaepernick will keep them honest and will shred these guys because his passes wont miss.

"They think they have the formula" - Do you honestly believe that Capers et al think Webb and Kaepernick are similar? Really? You think that Dom Capers, defensive coordinator, has drawn a conclusion that Joe Webb and Colin Kaepernick are similar? Because they both run fast?

If so, fire Capers.

And "blow-out" doesn't have to be reflected in the score. We went into a shell after the game was felt to be over. Had their offense put up 7 earlier we would have expanded the playbook. That game was well under control. We do this often. It's a criticism - we never step on the throat. Even against the Titans we tried our hardest NOT to run up the score (they gave up).
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000122587/How-will-the-Packers-handle-the-49ers
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
I'm not worried about the Packers at all. They think they have the formula because they stopped a run first qb who hasnt touched the field since God knows when. This guy couldn't have hit the side of the Great Wall of China. The Packers looked spectacular on defense against the unprepared and unequipped Vikings. Easy to look that way against them in the predicament. Even then it wasn't even a blow out !!! I tell you what the Packers looked honest . They had Woodson literally standing in the middle of the field, and various players just spying Webb. Boy did they expose themselves right there. Had Webb had some accuracy, some of those passes would have gone for big gains and possibly TD's. Kaepernick will keep them honest and will shred these guys because his passes wont miss.

"They think they have the formula" - Do you honestly believe that Capers et al think Webb and Kaepernick are similar? Really? You think that Dom Capers, defensive coordinator, has drawn a conclusion that Joe Webb and Colin Kaepernick are similar? Because they both run fast?

If so, fire Capers.

And "blow-out" doesn't have to be reflected in the score. We went into a shell after the game was felt to be over. Had their offense put up 7 earlier we would have expanded the playbook. That game was well under control. We do this often. It's a criticism - we never step on the throat. Even against the Titans we tried our hardest NOT to run up the score (they gave up).

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Dom-Capers-reveals-game-plan-for-beating-Minnesota/2fde0d60-f1ab-4c6f-8fcb-612512598a7d

read up. Guess ur boys need to fire him.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Dom-Capers-reveals-game-plan-for-beating-Minnesota/2fde0d60-f1ab-4c6f-8fcb-612512598a7d

read up. Guess ur boys need to fire him.

I read that article as soon as it was posted. Kaepernick is in no way, ChristianPonder. Too many variables. Kyle Rudolph isn't Vernon.

I can say a lot of bad about Capers, but one thing is constant - it's the preparation for the individual. Case in point? Wildcard game against Vick. What is the variable? where he rolls out to as a lefty.

Truth is, no one knows the complete gameplan bar Capers and his coaches. Trusting it, is another issue altogether. I am just saying, I know from watching every game, his adjustments are due to the individual, not the "type" of player. I.e. mobile quarterback, speed backs etc.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Dom-Capers-reveals-game-plan-for-beating-Minnesota/2fde0d60-f1ab-4c6f-8fcb-612512598a7d

read up. Guess ur boys need to fire him.

I read that article as soon as it was posted. Kaepernick is in no way, ChristianPonder. Too many variables. Kyle Rudolph isn't Vernon.

I can say a lot of bad about Capers, but one thing is constant - it's the preparation for the individual. Case in point? Wildcard game against Vick. What is the variable? where he rolls out to as a lefty.

Truth is, no one knows the complete gameplan bar Capers and his coaches. Trusting it, is another issue altogether. I am just saying, I know from watching every game, his adjustments are due to the individual, not the "type" of player. I.e. mobile quarterback, speed backs etc.
How do the niners adjust to the packers? f**k that. How do these guys match up with us?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,542
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
GB has lost this year @Sea, @IND, @NYG, @Minn.

Their only home loss was to us.


In other words, they lose road games to teams that are similar to us. Hmm...

And they always win at home, to everybody but us. Hmm...

The reprecussions of that game in Seattle that GB should have won.......
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone