LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How do the niners adjust to the packers? f**k that. How do these guys match up with us?

Everyone is sucking the packers balls right now thats why. Most aren't even giving us a chance.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I think alot of this game will fall on our DL. With or without J Smith, can we contain/pressure/sack Rodgers? Leaving him back there with time will pick our defense apart.
Oh Man...I HATE the Packers! They used to own us during the brett Favre era...Im looking forward to some ass--kicking by our team on saturday night!!!! Go NINERS
Agree with the folks calling the blow out prognosticators crazy. This game will be decided by who wants it more. Talent wise we match up really well. Great players all over the field at a myriad of different positions. Not the same positions per say...but both sides have real blue chippers all over. This game should come down to the wire and be as hard fought as any game anyone has played this year. The only way this thing isnt close is if one of the squads comes out flat and gets down early. I highly doubt its going to be a game you can get back into if you choke and go down by 14 before the end of the first.
Why is nobody talking about our oline? These guys when rested take over football games. When they are clicking they are once in a decade type of line at running the ball. If you ask me this game was decided when the niners got the bye. They can't stop gore without loading the box. We know what kap does to defenses when that happens!
I had cut my hair and shaved the afternoon of the Seattle game. I haven't done either since. I don't plan to do either until the Niners have no more games! Dedication!!
This has been a public service announcement! Gracias
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Why is nobody talking about our oline? These guys when rested take over football games. When they are clicking they are once in a decade type of line at running the ball. If you ask me this game was decided when the niners got the bye. They can't stop gore without loading the box. We know what kap does to defenses when that happens!

He'll yeah the biggest part of the game is an afterthought to most when they hear the mighty self-loving Rodgers is on the field it should be great. And I think bj Rajis aggressive style will bite him in the ass this game
I know we need EVERYBODY to bring their A-Game , but IMO , our safeties need to lead the defense on saturday , Green Bay will not make many attempts to run at us , their pass/ run ratio will probably be 70% pass and 30% run , and Rodgers will without a doubt put the ball in the air 50 times or more, and use a lot of multiple WR packages to keep our 4 LB's off the field as much as possible.

Whitner and Goldson need to step up their game in pass coverage , and bring it HARD when Vic calls for a safety blitzes ....it's important we limit what GB can do in the passing game, so I am expecting our Pro Bowl safeties to bring the house on saturday
My bad Mods , I thought I was in Niner Talk
Our 2nd wr moss and 2nd cb brown

I'm not so much worried about our offense. I think we should be able to establish the run game against GB and I think they are beatable in the secondary. This game is going to come down to Rodgers and the damage he is able to inflict. If J. Smith is effective, that would allow Aldon Smith to get more pressure than he has been in the last 3 games. Justin Smith is the key player IMO.
We need Gore to be Gore for the whole offense can get going and Justin Smith on the defensive side of the ball.
Originally posted by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:

He'll yeah the biggest part of the game is an afterthought to most when they hear the mighty self-loving Rodgers is on the field it should be great. And I think bj Rajis aggressive style will bite him in the ass this game

eastcoast biased
Ahmad Brooks and Ray McDonald. Brooks will be matched up against a rookie RT and with J. Smith not at full strength, we need the left side of our defensive line to bring pressure.

Vernon Davis is also key. He will likely see less attention in this postseason now that Crabtree has established himself as a big time playmaker. Vernon needs to made the most of that and get open. Kap needs to recognize this and feed the ball to VD.
The offense is going to need Kaepernick to show up. Even if they slow down Gore Kaep can still keep them honest because of his running ability. As far as the defense goes, i think we need to be prepared to go without Justin Smith. He's got heart but his tricep can go at any time. I think we are going to see a lot more of RJF than anyone of us wants to but he is going to have to come up big.
Share 49ersWebzone