There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
does the packer defense make you guys nervous?

Not one bit. We slapped them in Week 1. Both teams a bit rusty yet we slapped them. Replacement refs blowing tons of calls yet we slapped them. We have a less mobile QB yet still we slapped them. Spotted those punks TWO, count em, TWO gimme TDs. That game should have ended 30-7 for all intents and purposes.... We slapped them.

Since then, our offense has found new ways to produce, while their offense still can't run the ball. Knowing the coaches, they've been preparing for GB for 2 weeks now. I am not nervous.
They will definitely take advantage of bj rajis aggressive play with traps for gore and play action roll outs for Kap. I really hope Crabtree has a killer game against T. Williams and C. Woodson! Just too never think of the 1 catch for 4 yards game ever again!
Show everyone what you made of Kap! We need some long, sustained drives. Not just quick strikes... also, I hope we spread the ball around. It's okay to check down. Lets get back to what we do.
Not looking forward to Rodgers homecoming

Just hope our offense can keep them off the field
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Pack are down to backups at LT, C, and RT.

Yeah, not saying the Vikings were gonna win tonight, but damn, the Vikings kept it a game until halftime (without even Jared Allen making waves on the d-line), any other team in the playoffs would have taken advantage of, and blown GB out by halftime.

Teams which faced the same opponent from the final week of the season (twice) straight to the wildcard round usually lose the following round.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
does the packer defense make you guys nervous?

Lmao packer defense is an oxymoron
Moss has 1 last chance to stick it to the Packers! He will be a factor in the game!
Originally posted by Valrod33:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Anybody else wanna see Seattle next week.......(Just so that all the Seahawk fans that been coming on here talking sh** to eat some major crow)

Nope, I dont want to see them until next year

NFC Champ game at The Stick, this year...
Originally posted by sacniner:
Show everyone what you made of Kap! We need some long, sustained drives. Not just quick strikes... also, I hope we spread the ball around. It's okay to check down. Lets get back to what we do.

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Lmao packer defense is an oxymoron

Lol, good individual players In spots, but a scary D... Far from it. We're in the NFC West those are scary good units!
[ Edited by JsilvaNINERSRUNIT on Jan 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM ]

So basically he should play like Alex Smith. I don't agree. Kap should play the way he's most comfortable with which is his homerun or bust style. It may play right into the hands of the Packers defense, but if he tries to be something he's not then we'll fail for sure.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:

So basically he should play like Alex Smith. I don't agree. Kap should play the way he's most comfortable with which is his homerun or bust style. It may play right into the hands of the Packers defense, but if he tries to be something he's not then we'll fail for sure.

sacniner said, "not JUST quick strikes." And, Kaepernick's style is NOT "homerun or bust."
I like this matchup since we know that Alex beat them at GB to start the season.

What worries me most is that this is a bigger stage for Kaep and I hope he's ready and doesnt have a dud of a performance and wake up too late when we're down by too much. I dont think he will, but let's face facts, he has only started 7 games. Yes, I know he started in some big games for us this season, but this will be the biggest game of his life. Keep those nerves in check and please get the O going early!!!!!

Stay physical all game with their WRs, control TOP and run over 120yd, and we got this!!!!!
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
sacniner said, "not JUST quick strikes." And, Kaepernick's style is NOT "homerun or bust."

Yes, it is.
Did they sustain any injuries that game? JW