LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Green Bay receivers appear to all be healthy with the possible exception of Jordy Nelson. That is not a good sign. Seattle spread the field against us and rolled. Green Bay loves to do the same thing. Much of it will come down to whether Justin can play at something close to full efficiency. He will need to be 75% or better in order to free Aldon to pressure Rodgers.

Green Bay defense is also healthy now with the return of Woodson and Matthews.

Kaepernick will have to be all grown up for this one. Capers will throw a lot of looks at him.

Gonna be fun to watch.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
We will win the Packer defense is WEAK! 49ers are a better TEAM!

Their defense is weak? They just held the Vikings to 10 pts despite going up against the likely MVP in Adrian Peterson.

Ok..AP and who else? You stop AP and that's it, without Ponder the vikes whole offense is AP..didn't you watch the game? They fed Adrian as much as they can. You call your self a niner fan but you don't give them credit nor you don't have any hope that the 49ers can beat them. Enough with the "facts " that don't win games. The Packers D don't win games vs a good team. That's the same defense that let the Vikings beat them last week.
CK7 is gonna eat up that weak ass D!!!!
Their defense is weak? They just held the Vikings to 10 pts despite going up against the likely MVP in Adrian Peterson.

Joe Webb
The thing that makes me nervous is our complete lack of QB pressure recently. If the Cowboy is back and even at 80% we should be OK. Our offense should move the ball well on their D, but unless our D can slow down Rodgers it's going to be a shootout, and they have more healthy receivers than we do.

And of course the X factor, Akers kicking field goals could be the difference. If he misses one I bet Harbaugh just goes for it on 4th all night. We are 8/12 on 4th down this year, I'll take those odds over Akers attempting anything beyond a PAT.
Originally posted by dj43:
Green Bay receivers appear to all be healthy with the possible exception of Jordy Nelson. That is not a good sign. Seattle spread the field against us and rolled. Green Bay loves to do the same thing. Much of it will come down to whether Justin can play at something close to full efficiency. He will need to be 75% or better in order to free Aldon to pressure Rodgers.

Green Bay defense is also healthy now with the return of Woodson and Matthews.

Kaepernick will have to be all grown up for this one. Capers will throw a lot of looks at him.

Gonna be fun to watch.

The difference is Seattle could run the ball, Green Bay can't, so they aren't nearly as dangerous, and our D won't just have played 92 snaps and be without Justin Smith.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Joe Webb

Joe Webb should NEVER start an NFL game again!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Joe Webb

they need to change him back to a WR
Originally posted by susweel:

Joe Webb

they need to change him back to a WaterRboy

fixed
I am sad that my Vikings couldn't get the job done. It would have been nice, but I didn't expect more than a 6-10 season so I am still very happy about the direction of this team besides Ponder.

That being said, I am on the 49ers bandwagon. Here's to hoping that Moss can get that ring that he deserves. Only wish it was in GB so Moss could shoot another moon to the crowd.

Primetime 49ers game where the 49ers won't get any love from the "experts" before the game? Keep it coming. i love it!
Originally posted by VtownNinerFan:
The difference is Seattle could run the ball, Green Bay can't, so they aren't nearly as dangerous, and our D won't just have played 92 snaps and be without Justin Smith.

Agreed. Green Bay's one dimensional offense does not scare me.
Agreed. Green Bay's one dimensional offense does not scare me.

I would have agreed with this back when we still had a pass rush. If Aaron Rodgers can sit back there for 5+ seconds every snap, we're going to get taken apart.
I would have agreed with this back when we still had a pass rush. If Aaron Rodgers can sit back there for 5+ seconds every snap, we're going to get taken apart.
Five seconds every snap? Even on a bad day that's not happening.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We have to be at our best. Green Bay is playing real good right now.
Share 49ersWebzone