LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Alex Smith Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
whoa whoa wait, You really think that Kevin Kolb is better than Alex Smith?

yup, but thats another story man, I wish Alex nothing but the best
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dmax:
I want to see alex go to my top 4

SD
KC
ARI
JAX
my money is on arizona. the ravens would be a great fit. he is better than any quarterback they have in kansas city, philly or the jets but i like alex and do not want him going to those places.. i kind of think jesus tebow will be off to jax

I dont think he's better than Kolb, plus AZ fans dont like him.... I dont know why

You've got to be sh*tting me? I guess Sanchez is better than Alex too. Why not, let's throw in Lindley too.
Originally posted by cciowa:
he showed me alot as a leader and team mate when he ran camp alex with no contract. he showed great growth and leadership last year and no matter how it ends for him. niner fans should always think of him fondly for what he did in the saints game. he also put together the search party to help look for that lost person as well. any hate for him is illogical in my opinion

Agreed. That game should be remembered as the return of the Niners and I am proud of Alex Smith's part in returning the team to glory. He is a class act all the way.
I'll never let go Smitty, I'll never let go!
Jeez, I think Alex Smith is a LOT better than Kolb. He's smarter, more accurate and definitely tougher. He's also a lot better than Sanchez - there is no contest. And, he's better than anyone Kansas City has put on the field for the last few seasons. I'd like to see him go start for KC. The Jets are a horrible place to play - just look at how they've screwed Sanchez up with all that Tebow nonsense. And the Cardinals are in our division - I don't want to have to root against Smith twice a year.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by VA49er:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/19/where-kaepersmith-would-rank-among-nfl-passing-leaders/

Just reading this. It's interesting. Extra interesting would be if we let Kaeper "rest" during the Cardinals game.

We won't. Why does everyone keep saying this?

I don't think we will..but I do hope they let Alex have his 7 throws to make his record official. I doubt it...but it'd be nice.

I don't see why not if it's a blowout game.
Originally posted by susweel:
Do you guys think the niners will retire his jersey after he is traded or released ?

do you ever post anything that is meritorius, and not intended to incite?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
$9M isnt that much for a QB who IS a starter in this league. It is FAR too much for a backup QB.

And as far as being a troubled offense goes.....would you say that last season we were a troubled offense? Because with handcuffs on and the "play safe" mentality engrained into his head, I dont see any reason why Tolzien couldnt do what Alex did in 2011.

Yeah Tolzien can't do what Alex did for us in 2011, in fact our current qb might not be able to do it (that's a different topic though). However I will cheer for Alex wherever he goes no matter what even if he's playing against us in a non elimination game and that would be to shut the moron haters in our fan base! By the way I've also been a 49ers fan for over 21 years.
He guna be a Jet
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He guna be a Jet

I hope not, those fans are like our current hater base fans we have here (you know the Alex Smith haters) but that's their entire fan base. Just awful fans, I wish him better than that.

Originally posted by denverdude81:
He guna be a Jet

I hope not, those fans are like our current hater base fans we have here (you know the Alex Smith haters) but that's their entire fan base. Just awful fans, I wish him better than that.

Dude, insulting the fans isnt cool. Dont do it, regardless who they liked or not. It is a sure fire argument starter. Talk about Alex all you want, save the insults.
Originally posted by denverdude81:
Yeah Tolzien can't do what Alex did for us in 2011, in fact our current qb might not be able to do it (that's a different topic though). However I will cheer for Alex wherever he goes no matter what even if he's playing against us in a non elimination game and that would be to shut the moron haters in our fan base! By the way I've also been a 49ers fan for over 21 years.

I said this to fans many years ago when they were talking about Montana playing for KC. If you root against the Niners, by definition, you're not a Niner fan. You can't have it both ways. Niner fans root for the Niners. They root for the team, not any particular player.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I said this to fans many years ago when they were talking about Montana playing for KC. If you root against the Niners, by definition, you're not a Niner fan. You can't have it both ways. Niner fans root for the Niners. They root for the team, not any particular player.

Disagree that you can't root for two teams at once. Just the way it is. Slit loyalties are OK in my world...just as loving more than one sport is OK. It always felt weird rooting for Montana to play well and the niners to win...but they didn't play often...don't recall how many games between them...one?
He guna be a Jet

Quite possible, especially if the Jets clean house with Rex Ryan and Tannenbaum (sp?). My only concerns would be:

1) Could Alex survive in the NY market with the media coverage ?

2) Could the Jets get a coach to custom build an offensive playbook Alex could learn to execute ? Alex is a good QB, but in all honesty he needs time to master a playbook. And thats assuming that said playbook tailors to his strengths.

Would be tough to swallow, in my opinion. He's better off going to a place like Jacksonville or Buffalo, where the media/fans have patience and will give him time to develop.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Disagree that you can't root for two teams at once. Just the way it is. Slit loyalties are OK in my world...just as loving more than one sport is OK. It always felt weird rooting for Montana to play well and the niners to win...but they didn't play often...don't recall how many games between them...one?

When you put it that way, I agree. I always wanted Montana to do well, to play well, to avoid injury, etc., but I was always rooting for the Niners to win. When he let KC to a win over the Niners, I was not happy with the result.
Share 49ersWebzone