LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Alex Smith Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This thread is PRIMARILY for Alex Smith only! Please DO NOT LITTER this thread with any "ANTI-SMITH" unless it's for discussion purpose only (meaning no trolling in this thread).

Any unwanted snipes/tidbits posted that is only to incite or to compare the starting QB to AS will result in a warning or a banning.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I've always been a big fan of Alex Smith and wish him well in his future career.
[ Edited by susweel on Dec 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM ]
i appreciate you AS !!
Originally posted by susweel:
I've always been a big ^ of Alex Smith and wish him well in his future career.

Seems to be missing a pertinent word here...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i like him as a player, as a team mate, as a professional and as a member of the community. I am sorry the way it went down for him but i know there are several teams who could use him and he would do well in. the cardinals come to mind. i hate to see him go to philly or the jets but he would be an upgrade over what they had. he will not come back or restructure nor should he. he does not need that and actually we do not need that sort of distraction again.
sucks what happened to him
Coming into this year, I was afraid that if he gets injured, Smith wouldn't be able to build and have further success upon last year. Enjoy the success for himself and the team --- or at least get a chance to do that-- to see how far he can go. In someways the injured did happened...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

SF. RT @Aiiyiiyiii If SF pays Alex Smith's roster bonus due in March, then trades him, which team is charged with the bonus
Thanks for admirably holding the torch for Kaep.

A lessor man would have thrown a b***h fit over this.

Smith = true teammate
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Smith = true teammate

agree, look how young and montana used team mates and the media to push thier agenda and thus made a mess out of the locker room. thank you alex for taking the high road. he may be the only x niner i will root for in the future untill he plays us

Greatest 49er QB of all time.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

SF. RT @Aiiyiiyiii If SF pays Alex Smith's roster bonus due in March, then trades him, which team is charged with the bonus

49ers are, it's not part of his structured contract
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Smith = true teammate

agree, look how young and montana used team mates and the media to push thier agenda and thus made a mess out of the locker room. thank you alex for taking the high road. he may be the only x niner i will root for in the future untill he plays us

I think we might have lost 2-3 chances at SB by what happened between Young and Montana. Charles Haley took sides. Threw fits and tantrums, thus got traded to Dallas because the FO was afraid of the disruption. Dallas without Haley -- wouldn't have been able to beat us.
Wish Alex the best in his future. He will start for some team next year.

Thank You Alex!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Wish Alex the best in his future. He will start for some team next year.

Thank You Alex!

My thoughts completely. Hopefully he'll play for an AFC team, good luck (except when you play the Niners) Alex!
Share 49ersWebzone