There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith Discussion Thread

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by dmax:
I want to see alex go to my top 4

SD
KC
ARI
JAX
my money is on arizona. the ravens would be a great fit. he is better than any quarterback they have in kansas city, philly or the jets but i like alex and do not want him going to those places.. i kind of think jesus tebow will be off to jax
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
The more I think about Baltimore the more it makes sense. Sure teams like KC, PHI, AZ, and maybe OAK make sense but I can't really see him (IF he has the choice) wanting to go to a rebuilding project. Plus that's not where he would flourish. Alex is like 90% of the QBs that have played well. He's solid, good, and gets the job done (not great, spectacular or amazing). A team that's playoff ready with a strong run game and good defense is the best fit. He's shown he can play well in a play action quick passing game that utilizes short and intermediate throws with the (very very) occasional deep ball. Where Alex has the advantage is his smarts.

Baltimore would be perfect. Although I still think he somehow may end up a Jet.

I can see it now. Harbaugh Bowl in February 2014. Alex Smith, John Harbaugh, and the Ravens vs. CK7, Jim Harbaugh and the defending champion 49ers...the two weeks of hype leading up to this game would drive everyone crazy.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who cares about Alex. Let's get down to the real people this benching hurt. I feel bad for anyone who bought an Alex Smith jersey at any point this year. Alex or Jim need to pay those people their lost money.

Bah.

He's a model teammate and a fine role model. They should wear his jersey with pride.

He's a good dude thats for sure.
he showed me alot as a leader and team mate when he ran camp alex with no contract. he showed great growth and leadership last year and no matter how it ends for him. niner fans should always think of him fondly for what he did in the saints game. he also put together the search party to help look for that lost person as well. any hate for him is illogical in my opinion

For sure I've said it before he seems like a good human being I wish him success in his future.
Originally posted by guillotine31:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
The more I think about Baltimore the more it makes sense. Sure teams like KC, PHI, AZ, and maybe OAK make sense but I can't really see him (IF he has the choice) wanting to go to a rebuilding project. Plus that's not where he would flourish. Alex is like 90% of the QBs that have played well. He's solid, good, and gets the job done (not great, spectacular or amazing). A team that's playoff ready with a strong run game and good defense is the best fit. He's shown he can play well in a play action quick passing game that utilizes short and intermediate throws with the (very very) occasional deep ball. Where Alex has the advantage is his smarts.

Baltimore would be perfect. Although I still think he somehow may end up a Jet.

I can see it now. Harbaugh Bowl in February 2014. Alex Smith, John Harbaugh, and the Ravens vs. CK7, Jim Harbaugh and the defending champion 49ers...the two weeks of hype leading up to this game would drive everyone crazy.

LMAO I really think if Alex's first Super Bowl appearance is "ruined" by losing to...Jim Harbaugh and Ck7...he will go on a shooting rampage in the 49ers locker room.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
The more I think about Baltimore the more it makes sense. Sure teams like KC, PHI, AZ, and maybe OAK make sense but I can't really see him (IF he has the choice) wanting to go to a rebuilding project. Plus that's not where he would flourish. Alex is like 90% of the QBs that have played well. He's solid, good, and gets the job done (not great, spectacular or amazing). A team that's playoff ready with a strong run game and good defense is the best fit. He's shown he can play well in a play action quick passing game that utilizes short and intermediate throws with the (very very) occasional deep ball. Where Alex has the advantage is his smarts.

Baltimore would be perfect. Although I still think he somehow may end up a Jet.
I had been thinking the Jets were the best fit but after watching Flacco lately, unless Smith doesn't want to play for another Harbs, that would be a good fit also.
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/19/where-kaepersmith-would-rank-among-nfl-passing-leaders/

Just reading this. It's interesting. Extra interesting would be if we let Kaeper "rest" during the Cardinals game.
Originally posted by VA49er:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/19/where-kaepersmith-would-rank-among-nfl-passing-leaders/

Just reading this. It's interesting. Extra interesting would be if we let Kaeper "rest" during the Cardinals game.

We won't. Why does everyone keep saying this?
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by VA49er:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/19/where-kaepersmith-would-rank-among-nfl-passing-leaders/

Just reading this. It's interesting. Extra interesting would be if we let Kaeper "rest" during the Cardinals game.

We won't. Why does everyone keep saying this?

I don't think we will..but I do hope they let Alex have his 7 throws to make his record official. I doubt it...but it'd be nice.
alex will come in if we're up by 3 TD's against the tards. We need that game.
I really don't think Jim gives a rats ass about Alex and or his possible qb rating record. You don't treat someone like he has if you really cared. Not saying he should be the all caring dad figure but I don't think its even a thought in his brain to be honest.

Would be good though for Alex and the team. Good for Alex and his agent going forward and good for us cause with that we may be able to have slightly more leverage in trading him?

Whatever, he's gonna go for sure and will be interested to see where. I'd bet we trade him and don't just let him go. Probably not to the Cards cause I don't think we would want to face that team with him and maybe a draft pick or 2 on that oline. We trade him to any AFC team willing to give us anything just to keep him out of NFC and in particular the Cards.
He did a decent job
Alex Smith will be alot of teams best case scenario going into next season. It is for this reason that I believe we can get a 2nd round pick for Alex. Between his abilities and salary he will be very tempting for multiple teams.
I had the chance to meet AS in London in 2010 and we had a brief chat on the sidewalk in the Mayfair area. The guy was very nice and friendly. These last two years he did extremely well for the team and we can only thank him and wish him a bright future with another franchise.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dmax:
I want to see alex go to my top 4

SD
KC
ARI
JAX
my money is on arizona. the ravens would be a great fit. he is better than any quarterback they have in kansas city, philly or the jets but i like alex and do not want him going to those places.. i kind of think jesus tebow will be off to jax

I dont think he's better than Kolb, plus AZ fans dont like him.... I dont know why
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dmax:
I want to see alex go to my top 4

SD
KC
ARI
JAX
my money is on arizona. the ravens would be a great fit. he is better than any quarterback they have in kansas city, philly or the jets but i like alex and do not want him going to those places.. i kind of think jesus tebow will be off to jax

I dont think he's better than Kolb, plus AZ fans dont like him.... I dont know why

whoa whoa wait, You really think that Kevin Kolb is better than Alex Smith?