There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith Discussion Thread

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Wish Alex the best in his future. He will start for some team next year.

Thank You Alex!

My thoughts completely. Hopefully he'll play for an AFC team, good luck (except when you play the Niners) Alex!

Agreed...class through to his soul; everything a Niner represents. I sort of hope he goes to a team with more of a spread offense and one where he can call the plays himself (ala P.Manning). He's that cerebral and I feel if he was allowed to spread out a defense with some quality receivers and a threat at RB, "he" could rip a defense apart with his brain, experience and poise. I would not be surprised to see him take off somewhere else and call the shots. Best wishes to he AND CK. I just want a win-win for everyone at this juncture...

I agree.
+1
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I love how I'm pinned a hater by a select few for pointing out some legitimate concerns regarding Keap, yep those same people come in here and s**t all over a kid who isn't even starting.

I'm the same way, although I don't think anyone considers me a "hater". I'm a fan of both QBs. However, I'm very concerned with Kaep's game management and ball security.

However, people around here play favorites a lot. Doesn't matter who's winning under center, Kaep or Alex should always be the guy. No matter what.

I cheer for whoever's under center, however I will be highly critical of them and not give them praise for making a mistake.

I thought this was an Alex thread.
I don't mind supporting Alex and definitely don't think it's right to kick him while he is down. I don't like the fact that people are making it a situation that if you support Kaepernick then you must be against Alex or something.

I think what Aaron Rodgers said about summed this up in the best way. Alex Smith deserves to be the starting QB it just isn't going to be on this team. I think that is true he is a worthy starter this team is just going a different direction he will get to continue his career with some dignity somewhere else.

Who knows Alex might even prefer to stick with this team and be Kaeps backup. He doesn't seem to be taking it too badly right now. His contract would likely have to be restructured but who knows he might like staying where he is comfortable over going to some other crappy team.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Yea, you're right. We should just discard all stats and leave everything up to your untrained eye test.

I've watched Luck's games. He's had his moments, but he's also made a lot of mistakes, rookie or not. He's had a good season for a rookie, but I wouldn't say he was excelling despite the lackluster team around him.

Anyways, Alex Smith, what a guy.

That's not what I said. Stats without context mean nothing. You need to watch games as well as many things in a QB's game do not show up on the stat sheet.

Luck is a ROOKIE! He will make a lot of mistakes. Again...CONTEXT. He is playing very well for a rookie QB. He's had some poor games but has made some great plays. Then when you consider the type of offense he plays in and the responsibility he has without the benefit of a running game, he's playing quite well. There's a reason why he's up for rookie of the year along with RG3 and Wilson.

I'd say he's playing quite well with a crappy team. 2 win team to 9+ wins. When someone brings up his QB rating as to why he's not playing well there's really no point in me continuing the conversation with said person.
Aaron Rogers said Alex Smith needs to go someplace where he is appreciated. I agree with that. Harabagh has shown a side of football that really sucks. The money hungry win at any cost attitude. Where players are treated like object to make rich men richer and their health and well being means nothing. Harabagh doesn't care about the health of his players, the careers of his players or the image of the NFL around the world. Just like the movie "Any Given Sunday" its not about the "hot Hand" its about how the game is played for not just for the children around the world that watch, but for all those who sacrificed in the past. Jim Harbagh just wants to win at all cost no matter who he uses and gets rid of along the way. I have ZERO respect for Jim Harbagh ..Zero... Good luck in your future Alex smith. You Play a hell of a year You diverse
to be treated better.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Why?
Originally posted by redblunder:
Aaron Rogers said Alex Smith needs to go someplace where he is appreciated. I agree with that. Harabagh has shown a side of football that really sucks. The money hungry win at any cost attitude. Where players are treated like object to make rich men richer and their health and well being means nothing. Harabagh doesn't care about the health of his players, the careers of his players or the image of the NFL around the world. Just like the movie "Any Given Sunday" its not about the "hot Hand" its about how the game is played for not just for the children around the world that watch, but for all those who sacrificed in the past. Jim Harbagh just wants to win at all cost no matter who he uses and gets rid of along the way. I have ZERO respect for Jim Harbagh ..Zero... Good luck in your future Alex smith. You Play a hell of a year You diverse
to be treated better.

Why use an IP hiding site? Why can't you use your other handle?

Originally posted by kidash98:
to be treated better.

I think we have a good idea who it probably is.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
That's not what I said. Stats without context mean nothing. You need to watch games as well as many things in a QB's game do not show up on the stat sheet.

Luck is a ROOKIE! He will make a lot of mistakes. Again...CONTEXT. He is playing very well for a rookie QB. He's had some poor games but has made some great plays. Then when you consider the type of offense he plays in and the responsibility he has without the benefit of a running game, he's playing quite well. There's a reason why he's up for rookie of the year along with RG3 and Wilson.

I'd say he's playing quite well with a crappy team. 2 win team to 9+ wins. When someone brings up his QB rating as to why he's not playing well there's really no point in me continuing the conversation with said person.

36 wins from 2008-2010
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM ]
to be treated better.

What is a IP hiding site you IT Nerd? I have no Idea what you talking about.
If (and when) Alex gets traded, will he achieve the same level of success without Jim Harbaugh guiding him along?
to be treated better.

What is a IP hiding site you IT Nerd? I have no Idea what you talking about.

Bu-bye...

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
If (and when) Alex gets traded, will he achieve the same level of success without Jim Harbaugh guiding him along?

I think so as long as the guy coaching him follows the same type of formula for play design and game planning. He would probably revert back to the old Alex if he was put into another situation like he had the first 7 seasons. That is why I think a place like the Jets would be suicide for Alex's career. Rex Ryan would run Alex's career straight down the toilet in a season or two.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I think so as long as the guy coaching him follows the same type of formula for play design and game planning. He would probably revert back to the old Alex if he was put into another situation like he had the first 7 seasons. That is why I think a place like the Jets would be suicide for Alex's career. Rex Ryan would run Alex's career straight down the toilet in a season or two.

But at least Alex wont run into his lineman's butt and fumble the ball.