There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Colin Kaepernick have the strongest arm in the NFL

Does Colin Kaepernick have the strongest arm in the NFL

Originally posted by susweel:

One of the best GIF's ever
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Rodgers was clocked in the low 70s at the combine in a drill just to mesure ball velocity ....

so 60s on a timed pass hitting a wr in stride is pretty epic.

its been 15 years since the 49ers have had a franchise QB

lol, no
I'd say Vick still has the strongest. Stafford and Cutler are close. I'd put Kap up there too
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Rodgers was clocked in the low 70s at the combine in a drill just to mesure ball velocity ....

lol, no

Link please or BS must be called
vick is pretty f**kin strong too, when hes not concussed or killing dogs
Been listening to at least 3 other NFC QBs this morning (Rodgers, Eli, Matt Ryan) on the NFLN/radio about their thoughts on Kaep, all relating to us because the win puts us closer to a #2 seed in the conference, and they're all just blown away by what Kaep did in New England yesterday. Specially Aaron Rodgers, he boasted Kaep up quite a bit on his NFLN interview today.
Not shure , but after last night ..... HE IS OUR FUTURE AND HES GOT MY VOTE !
Originally posted by susweel:
top 5

number one has to be Shaun Hill

no doubt
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:

lol, no

uh, yeah pretty sure that didn't happen. 60 is about the equivalent of 100mph with a baseball... 70 would be pushing 115?! I've tried to find a link to verify this stat, but I can't even find a link to any position specific drill results from the combine. I'm gonna go on a limb and say there aren't many throwing in the 60's.

I did find this link, which states that Kape had the strongest throw of anyone in that draft class. I don't remember ever reading this before the draft... and so far it appears Kaep is proving it wrong - http://www.fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/Draft_2011_Kaepernick_2-28-11_1.0.htm
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I'm comfortable saying Garcia was a franchise QB. Not worth getting into the argument about it, but he was one of the top 5 or 6 QBs for a few years there. Would have been a "franchise QB" if he was a bit younger and they weren't up against the cap and had to dump all talent.

I don't think anyone would choose to build a franchise around garcia....

he was highly functional....but he is not a first choice build your team around him type Guy ...

I thought it would be easy to find....I can't find it....

at one point they use to mesure ball velocity at the combine ....
Originally posted by Pick6:

lol, no

uh, yeah pretty sure that didn't happen. 60 is about the equivalent of 100mph with a baseball... 70 would be pushing 115?! I've tried to find a link to verify this stat, but I can't even find a link to any position specific drill results from the combine. I'm gonna go on a limb and say there aren't many throwing in the 60's.

I did find this link, which states that Kape had the strongest throw of anyone in that draft class. I don't remember ever reading this before the draft... and so far it appears Kaep is proving it wrong - http://www.fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/Draft_2011_Kaepernick_2-28-11_1.0.htm

A reader has sent me a link to an actual experiment done regarding the speed of a football compared to the speed of a baseball.

According to this reader, there is a factor of 1.68 when calculating how fast a baseball would travel in comparison to a football.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/23/mallett-and-his-115-mph-fastball-with-a-football/ As a reference for conversion.
I think he does. He has a cannon arm. Most QB's cannot match his throws.
One thing I noticed with Kaep is that there never seems to be any panic during a game in terms of if a play doesn't work or if the game is tight. It just seems like something good is going happen.

Man Crush!!
I'm going with Smith. Justin Smith. He will prove it by crushing the pocket this sunday.