Does Colin Kaepernick have the strongest arm in the NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Colin Kaepernick have the strongest arm in the NFL

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Ken Dorsey has somethings to say about this

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
It'd be close between Cam Newton, RGIII, Vick (when healthy), and Kaep. All of them have a cannon. Newton is probably the only one I can see having a bigger arm than Kaep.

Since they're both from the same draft, the velocity of their throws was both measured at the combine. Kap threw harder than Cam.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnYouLikeGlue:
Since they're both from the same draft, the velocity of their throws was both measured at the combine. Kap threw harder than Cam.

link?
Originally posted by susweel:

lol
Either him or RG3 in my opinion.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
Either him or RG3 in my opinion.

RGIII has a strong arm... but I don't think it's as good as Kaep.
Rodgers was clocked in the low 70s at the combine in a drill just to mesure ball velocity ....

so 60s on a timed pass hitting a wr in stride is pretty epic.

its been 15 years since the 49ers have had a franchise QB
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Ken Dorsey has somethings to say about this

God, those were tough games to watch. And Dorsey would come back to the huddle with a silly smile on his face. Brutal.

LOL Dorsey was brutal. The dark days make you appreciate where we are now!
Maybe. But more important than his arm strength is his poise. Dude plays like he's been doing this for years. I'll be honest at first I thought he was going to "lose it" like Troy Smith and countless other back up wonders who would come in and kill it for 3 or 4 games then fizzle out. Kap is the real deal. A decent performance and win in Seattle and I'll be 100% believer.

Right now...I'm 99% there. My only issue is how he'll handle the playoffs. But hey...so far so GREAT.

Kaep can throw laser guided bombs. He has both velocity and accuracy, very impressive. Andrew Luck only had one scholarship offer like Kaepernick. Harbaugh knows QB's and how to develop them. He knows who has IT, and who doesn't! CK7 is a beast!
[ Edited by Wrathman on Dec 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM ]
Factor in what I am calling natural arm strength. As in baseball, some guy can wind up, do the footwork, follow through and throw hard because they are throwing correctly. CK I think can throw at least as hard as anyone from odd angles, on the run, flat-footed, etc and these are more common actual throwing situations. Just what you see on TV looks faster than anyone, whoever the other QB in the game is, CK looks faster.

One of the Niner linemen said the ball made a noise going by that was unlike anything he had heard before. If you have ever stood at the plate when a really fast guy was pitching...the noise is something special. Scary even.
Originally posted by Joecool:
That's not why he was picked in the 2nd round. Cam had the same raw grade. Colin was picked in the 2nd round because he was not from a big school.

I still feel the bar for QB success was heavily lowered in the 49ers fandom due to the previous 8 year project.

$EC
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Rodgers was clocked in the low 70s at the combine in a drill just to mesure ball velocity ....

so 60s on a timed pass hitting a wr in stride is pretty epic.

its been 15 years since the 49ers have had a franchise QB

I'm comfortable saying Garcia was a franchise QB. Not worth getting into the argument about it, but he was one of the top 5 or 6 QBs for a few years there. Would have been a "franchise QB" if he was a bit younger and they weren't up against the cap and had to dump all talent.

One of the best GIF's ever
Share 49ersWebzone