LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick has now established himself as the starter for the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok, as long time Smith fan, I have to admit that was impressive. The kid can play. Do I think evey game will be like that? No. But I know why the switch was made. Kaep is a beast. I do think he's very fortunate to be handed this team, and Alex would have played great too. Kaep will still make mistakes, but he's a solid QB on his way to being great. I can't question the change now, but there is a lingering feeling that mistakes will happen at the worst times that alex might not have made, but Kaep is explosive, no doubt.
Kaepernick in his first handful of starts has performed well in 2 of the most hostile environments possible in New Orleans and New England, next week will be another one, but considering his minimal starting experience, this guy is looking better and better to me, he's just scratching the surface of his potential and could end up being scary good.

I also like that the guy has a tremendous work ethic, sometimes when guys have success, its get to their head and they get unbalanced but by all accounts Kaepernick works his ass off. When he was drafted, one NFL exec remarked that Harbaugh essentially just drafted "himself" in regards to the common work ethic.

I feel really good about him, even if I was initially skeptical and felt like Alex got slighted, Kaepernick is legit and deserves the starting position.
Welcome to 4 weeks ago lol
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:39 AM ]
Very excited to watch him. I really like that he has games where he made some nice runs, and some where he stayed in the pocket more. It means he isn't trying to force it, just taken what is given to him. His arm is electric and actually very accurate, especially with limited exposure and reps in the entire playbook. He will only get better.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

lol
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I think it is past time to stop all the comparisons and second guessing about this. Alex proved himself to be a good, winning QB for us.. and Kaepernick is now doing this as well. Kaepernick is the starting QB choice, and we should all just enjoy the ride as long as it takes us.

Agreed. Smith was good, but Kaep is better.

Steve DeBerg was a better Qback than Smith and look what happened to him...Over and over!
No doubt.

We have a top 5 potential QB in the making.
Why are we still questioning this? Of course Kaep is our QB. Alex will leave in the offseason. The Alex era is OVER.
Thank God.
I think it is past time to stop all the comparisons and second guessing about this. Alex proved himself to be a good, winning QB for us.. and Kaepernick is now doing this as well. Kaepernick is the starting QB choice, and we should all just enjoy the ride as long as it takes us.

this doe!
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Kaep is definitely the QB. He just threw 4 TDs in New England in December, and none of those TDs were easy. I n 7 years Alex Smith never through 4 TD in a game. He just needs to get comfortable taking snaps under center.

Of his 4 TDs, Moss's 24 yards was the shortest. It has been a long time since we seen a QB not scared to throw the ball downfield.

Uhh I think everyone knows Kaep is the QB lol and has been since Smith went out with the concussion
AS has never thrown 4 td's in a game(you're right) but he threw 3 against Arizona in wk 8 & was named offensive player of the wk
AS' longest pass this yr was 55yds(in air) to Vernon Davis against Buf so your last statement is incorrect

Colin Kaepernick has established himself as the starter and Alex Smith will be gone after the season is over so is there any reason to keep hating on him???
I don't

Originally posted by Go9er:
Yeah.. pretty bad. But hey, Alex probably made about 50 million dollars over these 8 years.. has a great family situation (it would seem)..

So on the field? Yeah... pretty bad luck.. but he'll be alright.

AS will still be successful and probably get more money else where next season, the luck he had with Harb was bring some respectability to him as a NFL QB but that's over now... Be funny if AS goes to the Cardinals next season and the 9ers has to face AS 2x a year and tears it up with Fritz...

Not gonna happen. The situation in SF is as good as it gets for Alex. He had a great running game and defense to fall back on here. He wasn't asked to make big plays or carry the team on his back. Arizona doesn't have the pieces for Alex to be successful. In fact, no team that needs a QB right now has those pieces.
Am I the only person that is reminded of Big Ben when kaep plays? Besides the number.. Lol but ball placement.. Avoiding pressure.. Strong arms. Clutch. I love it cause besides the rape.. Big Ben is a top QB in my mind. So all the good stuff minus rape! Lol
CK7 is in beast mode! The offense is more explosive. We can now punish teams for putting 8 guys in the box. Viva le Kaep!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

lol

He's good but

Uncle Rico >>>Kap
Share 49ersWebzone