LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

5 fumbles and a pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Ok so he has better stats than Montana or he has, i'll even buy that he was a better reg season qb, but how many superbowls has montana lost???? You can say he's up there with montana for sure, you can even mention his name in the same convo as best qb ever, but he is not better than Joe Montana, the giants proved that twice, everyone knows that if you get pressure in Brady's Face then he becomes average, as evidenced by our defense as well.

Montana had a bit of a problem getting past the Giants as well. The difference being that they played in the same conference. I suppose if you believe that losing in the super bowl is worse than losing in the championship game or divisional round then Montana is better, but I just don't agree with that. Losing in the playoffs is the same whether it's in the wildcard round or the superbowl.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Ok so he has better stats than Montana or he has, i'll even buy that he was a better reg season qb, but how many superbowls has montana lost???? You can say he's up there with montana for sure, you can even mention his name in the same convo as best qb ever, but he is not better than Joe Montana, the giants proved that twice, everyone knows that if you get pressure in Brady's Face then he becomes average, as evidenced by our defense as well.

Montana had a bit of a problem getting past the Giants as well. The difference being that they played in the same conference. I suppose if you believe that losing in the super bowl is worse than losing in the championship game or divisional round then Montana is better, but I just don't agree with that. Losing in the playoffs is the same whether it's in the wildcard round or the superbowl.

No, losing in the playoffs is not the same as losing a superbowl after being undefeated.
Kaep >>> RGIII

Let me ask you this question then. If you had 1 game to play with everything on the line, who would you choose Brady or Montana?
No, losing in the playoffs is not the same as losing a superbowl after being undefeated.

Why? What makes the superbowl more significant than the NFC championship game or the divisional round. Hell, usually the conference championship game is harder to win than the superbowl.
ted robinson mentioned that kaeps hands are a bit smaller than whats expected of his size

i guess both our qbs have small hands
Originally posted by dwy621:
Let me ask you this question then. If you had 1 game to play with everything on the line, who would you choose Brady or Montana?

Tough choice. Probably Brady. I mean, the guy did just come back from 28 down against the #1 defense in harsh weather in about a quarter.
This lame thread is out of control.

I'm suprised it is not locked
Originally posted by dwy621:

Tough choice. Probably Brady. I mean, the guy did just come back from 28 down against the #1 defense in harsh weather in about a quarter.

He did NOT "come back", he lost the game. That does not qualify as a comeback.

Montana had more "it" factor than just about anyone else who has ever played. Brady has a better arm and maybe even better accuracy, that is why he puts up huge numbers. I LOVE Brady, but Montana had more magic than even him.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
ted robinson mentioned that kaeps hands are a bit smaller than whats expected of his size

I think he's fine... for some reason Alex rarely did pump fakes..I've always thought it was because he was afraid to lose the ball (only rare pump fakes he did were with his shoulders)......but both he and Kaep have similar hand sizes......but Kaep did that nice one that was a draw to Frank Gore. Full extended pump fake to the WR, then quickly handed it off to Gore.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM ]

Originally posted by 49erCanuck:
Montana is Jordan
Brady is Kobe
Both of them great.
One of them greater.

this is brilliant
Originally posted by ads_2006:

small hands = small....gloves
You guys are comparing smith and Keep or discussing the most clutch QBs in history, none of which had to do with this thread topic.
Share 49ersWebzone