There are 216 users in the forums

5 fumbles and a pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Taking a snap from under center in the rain, much heavier rain to be exact. I am always comparing him and Alex and he is doing a lot of things Alex cant/wont, I just want a clean game from him. Chicago he was perfect IMO and played the best game so far....and I rank it top 3 in games this year. I just dont want to have to worry about something that should be automatic.

Just curious. What games would you rank top three(in order..most impressive being 1)?
Bills, Chicago, Arz

hmm....interesting. So, the win last night, ranks below Bills and Arizona?

Yes the level of competition was obviously the same
Taking a snap from under center in the rain, much heavier rain to be exact. I am always comparing him and Alex and he is doing a lot of things Alex cant/wont, I just want a clean game from him. Chicago he was perfect IMO and played the best game so far....and I rank it top 3 in games this year. I just dont want to have to worry about something that should be automatic.

Just curious. What games would you rank top three(in order..most impressive being 1)?
Bills, Chicago, Arz

hmm....interesting. So, the win last night, ranks below Bills and Arizona?
The Bills game set an NFL record, that kind of offensive performance was amazing. Arizona gets props because again it was a great performance and against a divisional rival....nothing that's ever easy. I would say last night was top 5 and would be top 8 looking at the games under Jim so far. Had those mistakes not happened I would probably say its tied #1. The kid is so god damn close to being perfect its crazy. He's reading the D better and getting lined up and running the plays faster. Just needs to stop putting the ball on the ground and running loosely with it.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
It's unfair to compare Kap to by far the greatest QB of all time. However, it's also inexcusable to have that many botched snaps in a single game. Most qbs don't have that many in a season or even their entire careers. The weather is no excuse for that many botched snaps. We're lucky that they didn't cost us the game. Hopefully it's something that they'll be able to fix going forward.

Uh ... you mean it's unfair to compare Kaep to a two-time SB loser that, were it not for the Tuck Rule and Adam Vinatieri, would be relegated to the level of legend heretofore reserved for Jim Plunkett and Bart Starr?

3 superbowl wins, 5 superbowl appearances, only QB to go 16-0 in the regular season, owns the record for most TD passes in a season, and will likely own the record for most consecutive games with a td pass. Did all of this without a clearcut #1 receiver or runningback for most of his career. Pretty cut and dry that he is the best QB of all time.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Bills, Chicago, Arz

Would probably agree with this, just considering how the Cardinals have been embarrassing so many top QBs (not just the bad ones), but couldn't do the same to us. New England definitely in the top 5 of games though. Tremendous win, but hard to put in top 3 because of the missed opportunities, points left off the board, and little mistakes that could've been costly.

Winning in Foxboro in December is a top three game no matter how sloppy. We definitely left a lot of opportunities and made some mistakes, but how many teams in the NFL could go into New England, turn the ball over twice, miss a field goal, miss a wide open TD pass, and give up 34 points and come out with a victory?

Nobody has beaten the Pats at home in December in the past DECADE, but the bills and AZ was more impressive...give me a break. I would rank the Packers game above those two.
3 superbowl wins, 5 superbowl appearances, only QB to go 16-0 in the regular season, owns the record for most TD passes in a season, and will likely own the record for most consecutive games with a td pass. Did all of this without a clearcut #1 receiver or runningback for most of his career. Pretty cut and dry that he is the best QB of all time.

Wait when you said "by far the best QB of all time" you were referring to Brady and not Montana?!? Get the f**k outta here dude. SMHx10000
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM ]
By what measurement is Montana the better QB? Yea, he won 4 superbowls in less appearances, but it's not like he never lost in the playoffs and I don't buy the notion that losing in the superbowl is worse than losing in the championship game or divisional round.

Look at the statistics that his defenses, running backs, and No. 1 receivers put up while on New England during Brady's SB years. The guy has had plenty of help in his career and will likely have played with more HOFers than Montana when its all said and done. Not to mention that he is playing in an era specifically designed to help QBs. I mean, the fact that there are 3 or 4 QBs that are in the running for consecutive games with a TD pass, the fact that Marino's TD record has been broken twice in 5 years, the fact that 4 QBs threw for 5,000 yards last year ... pointing to statistics is not going to win you this debate. Elway went to 5 SBs - he is not better than Montana. See, you've got to win ALL of those big games to be best ever.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Wait when you said "by far the best QB of all time" you were referring to Brady and not Montana?!? Get the f**k outta here dude. SMHx10000

Im not even gonna bother going down this road. Its silly that i would have to defend Joe on a 9er forum from such stupi.....ill just stop there, so i dont get another warning.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Things like that get hidden in the news by the win..be assured if we had lost, there would have been a lot of talk about how they were all missed opportunities.

How many QBs over the past 10 years have outplayed Brady at home in December?
The 49ers didn't lose and if they did I would imagine that the defense giving up all those TDs in a row and Akers would have been the top culprits over the 4 bungled snaps.

He didn't out play Brady..our defense did. Their defense is NOT as GOOD as OURs. But if you want to stack him directly against Brady multiply his stats by 2. The one thing that stands out is the TDs...and the miscues on the snaps...but otherwise statistically they were not that different. Pats punched theirs in with the running game.

LOL what?? You kid right? Have you ever heard of Joe Montana? He was 4-0 in the superbowl. Who gives a s**t about regular season statistics, especially in this day and age in the NFL with all of the rules catered to the offense. Also, Pats have been known to run up the score on opponents and pad their stats whenever given the opportunity. 49ers did not do this during their glory years. At the end of the day though, Tom Brady can't hold Montana's jock strap when it comes to clutch performance and winning the big game. He was undefeated and never threw a pick in the Superbowl. Don't forget Brady has yet to win a superbowl post Spygate. His first three superbowls should have asterisks next to them at the very least. In my opinion they should have been taken away!

W O W

Someone should put this guy on timeout lol
The fumbled snaps criticism is so overblown its ridiculous. How many of the fumbled stats can you say are definitively his fault and not the centers (or shared faults)? ZERO. The weather conditions were miserable. I am not saying I am happy with the amount the ball was on the turf yesterday, but its certainly understandable given the weather.

If you want to make criticisms about how Kap needs to take better care of the ball and hold it against his body when moving in the pocket or scrambling, fine, I can totally get behind that. But for there to be a 20 page thread about his fumbles in freezing rainy conditions? Its a joke.

How many fumbled snaps did the rest of the league have combined yesterday? I'm sure more than our game had rain... I suspect that the Colin Goodwin exchange beat them all...combined.

Go ahead and count how many games were played in 35 degree weather in a constant downpour. I'll wait.

At least one qb played in the same circumstances....nice try to turn it around when I already put it on you :P Honestly, I couldn't look it up now if I wanted...work internet..amazing that I can even get here.

I turned it around because aside from Tom Brady, there wasnt a single other QB that played in conditions that were even close to the ones Kap played in. Now if you want to compare him to Brady, thats a different story. But to compare the conditions to all the other ones which QBs played in yesterday is ridiculous.

Okay...tell me the last time you remember another qb and center having as bad of a problem...4 botched snaps. I don't remember any....not this season..not last.
By what measurement is Montana the better QB? Yea, he won 4 superbowls in less appearances, but it's not like he never lost in the playoffs and I don't buy the notion that losing in the superbowl is worse than losing in the championship game or divisional round.

Ahem ...

Montana won 4 SBs, and was the MVP in 3 of them. He won 2 SBs after breaking his back, with a HOF QB playing behind him and having to deal every week with half the fan base clamoring for his job. He won 2 SBs without Rice. He is affiliated with two of the most iconic games in NFL history (he won both). He beat teams led by Elway and Marino in the SB, two of the best to ever play. He lost the '83 NFC Championship Game on a b.s. pass interference call; the '90 NFC Championship Game on a Roger Craig fumble.
Share 49ersWebzone