LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

5 fumbles and a pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Weather was a factor in yesterdays game if you were watching, (maybe you were listening on the radio because you dont seem to notice the weather).
So you mean to tell me that leading up to this game, your watching every other game Kap has started and your saying "dont drop the ball, dont drop he ball" then apparently thats how YOU watch games. But dont make it out to be an epidemic, youve been reaching since yesterdays win, how bout making a positive comment without a backhanded slight against Kap or the offense, I dont know if you got it in you quite frankly. Even those of us, myself included, who wanted Kap to start had to give props to alex when he balled out, or when he won a big game that was less than perfect. We get it , your skeptical of Kap, but youve never taken an NFL snap and you shouldnt generalize an experience that youll never have, and you definitely shouldnt compare your 11 year old self to a pro qb.
Its an epidemic when it happens every week. I've made many positive comments that you and others keep over looking, would you like me to repost all of them for you? FYI the kid is chasing the record for most fumbles in a season, and he hasn't played a full season.

hes chasing the record for most fumbles in a season, whooooweeee, thats a good one, you know that record is in the 20s right, he has six on the season, 4 of them are from one game, get real seriously. The question you need to ask yourself is how many of those fumbles were lost. Your really the only person who thinks this is an epidemic. Other than the fumble at stl, I cant think of another significant fumble, like I said man, your reaching. Whats gonna happen when Alex doesnt come back next year, sound to me like youll be on the start Tolzien bandwagon along with 4 other webzone members and a couple od Migrant farm workers.....good luck with that, the rest of us are gonna support Kap.
[ Edited by qwestlove94 on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by midrdan:
Look at the statistics that his defenses, running backs, and No. 1 receivers put up while on New England during Brady's SB years. The guy has had plenty of help in his career and will likely have played with more HOFers than Montana when its all said and done. Not to mention that he is playing in an era specifically designed to help QBs. I mean, the fact that there are 3 or 4 QBs that are in the running for consecutive games with a TD pass, the fact that Marino's TD record has been broken twice in 5 years, the fact that 4 QBs threw for 5,000 yards last year ... pointing to statistics is not going to win you this debate. Elway went to 5 SBs - he is not better than Montana. See, you've got to win ALL of those big games to be best ever.

Those are all good points, but it's not like Montana didn't have a ton of help around him as well. It's not like I'm saying Montana is some scrub, he's easily in the top 3 qbs of all time with Unitas and Brady. I just think Brady is better. He has the great mix of both winning multiple superbowls like Montana did and putting up the top passing stats like Marino did.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
The fumbled snaps criticism is so overblown its ridiculous. How many of the fumbled stats can you say are definitively his fault and not the centers (or shared faults)? ZERO. The weather conditions were miserable. I am not saying I am happy with the amount the ball was on the turf yesterday, but its certainly understandable given the weather.

If you want to make criticisms about how Kap needs to take better care of the ball and hold it against his body when moving in the pocket or scrambling, fine, I can totally get behind that. But for there to be a 20 page thread about his fumbles in freezing rainy conditions? Its a joke.

How many fumbled snaps did the rest of the league have combined yesterday? I'm sure more than our game had rain... I suspect that the Colin Goodwin exchange beat them all...combined.

Go ahead and count how many games were played in 35 degree weather in a constant downpour. I'll wait.

At least one qb played in the same circumstances....nice try to turn it around when I already put it on you :P Honestly, I couldn't look it up now if I wanted...work internet..amazing that I can even get here.

I turned it around because aside from Tom Brady, there wasnt a single other QB that played in conditions that were even close to the ones Kap played in. Now if you want to compare him to Brady, thats a different story. But to compare the conditions to all the other ones which QBs played in yesterday is ridiculous.

Okay...tell me the last time you remember another qb and center having as bad of a problem...4 botched snaps. I don't remember any....not this season..not last.

2005 maybe
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Things like that get hidden in the news by the win..be assured if we had lost, there would have been a lot of talk about how they were all missed opportunities.

How many QBs over the past 10 years have outplayed Brady at home in December?
The 49ers didn't lose and if they did I would imagine that the defense giving up all those TDs in a row and Akers would have been the top culprits over the 4 bungled snaps.

He didn't out play Brady..our defense did. Their defense is NOT as GOOD as OURs. But if you want to stack him directly against Brady multiply his stats by 2. The one thing that stands out is the TDs...and the miscues on the snaps...but otherwise statistically they were not that different. Pats punched theirs in with the running game.

Using this logic, Drew Brees outplayed Alex Smith in the divisional round last year.
The fact that Kaepernick overcame the snap issue, the INT, the crowd, his defense giving up points on every drive until the score was tied and overcame it all to win the game was impressive.

I absolutely agree.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Weather was a factor in yesterdays game if you were watching, (maybe you were listening on the radio because you dont seem to notice the weather).
So you mean to tell me that leading up to this game, your watching every other game Kap has started and your saying "dont drop the ball, dont drop he ball" then apparently thats how YOU watch games. But dont make it out to be an epidemic, youve been reaching since yesterdays win, how bout making a positive comment without a backhanded slight against Kap or the offense, I dont know if you got it in you quite frankly. Even those of us, myself included, who wanted Kap to start had to give props to alex when he balled out, or when he won a big game that was less than perfect. We get it , your skeptical of Kap, but youve never taken an NFL snap and you shouldnt generalize an experience that youll never have, and you definitely shouldnt compare your 11 year old self to a pro qb.
Its an epidemic when it happens every week. I've made many positive comments that you and others keep over looking, would you like me to repost all of them for you? FYI the kid is chasing the record for most fumbles in a season, and he hasn't played a full season.

hes chasing the record for most fumbles in a season, whooooweeee, thats a good one, you know that record is in the 20s right, he has six on the season, 4 of them are from one game, get real seriously. The question you need to ask yourself is how many of those fumbles were lost. Your really the only person who thinks this is an epidemic. Other than the fumble at stl, I cant think of another significant fumble, like I said man, your reaching. Whats gonna happen when Alex doesnt come back next year, sound to me like youll be on the start Tolzien bandwagon along with 4 other webzone members and a couple od Migrant farm workers.....good luck with that, the rest of us are gonna support Kap.
quoted from Boomer:
No doubt the weather sucked, but this isn' the first game this has happened. Several fumbles have happened during the snap since we made the switch. Kap has fumbled 9 times this year. Tom Brady has fumbled 11 times in the past 4 years. He runs so that might not be fair, but Michael Vick never fumbled more than 13 times in a single season, Kap is on pace to have fumbled something like 22 times over 16 games. That's not good by any measure, and it's not simply the weather.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

3 superbowl wins, 5 superbowl appearances, only QB to go 16-0 in the regular season, owns the record for most TD passes in a season, and will likely own the record for most consecutive games with a td pass. Did all of this without a clearcut #1 receiver or runningback for most of his career. Pretty cut and dry that he is the best QB of all time.

LOL what?? You kid right? Have you ever heard of Joe Montana? He was 4-0 in the superbowl. Who gives a s**t about regular season statistics, especially in this day and age in the NFL with all of the rules catered to the offense. Also, Pats have been known to run up the score on opponents and pad their stats whenever given the opportunity. 49ers did not do this during their glory years. At the end of the day though, Tom Brady can't hold Montana's jock strap when it comes to clutch performance and winning the big game. He was undefeated and never threw a pick in the Superbowl. Don't forget Brady has yet to win a superbowl post Spygate. His first three superbowls should have asterisks next to them at the very least. In my opinion they should have been taken away!
brady+ delusion=Best QB of all time Brady/ Giants D= Jeff Hostetler
Did anyone listen to that tard on NFL Network Heath Evans today? He said that "any player" who watches the film will see that the Pats gave away the game and the 49ers did nothing to win the game. Sharper was looking at Evans like "hey douche, I was ten times the player you were and the Niners just kicked the Pats a$$."

I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that the Pats just gave away the game when the Niners had like 8 fumbles and an INT in the damn endzone. We also had one of those fumbles on the 20 yard line on that 4th down play which was basically a turnover. We have a kicker who can only make PAT's and we fumble a ball on a first down play on the 3 yard line after one of their turnovers. We have our best defensive player get hurt and can't even get a first down in the 3rd quarter and Evans is basically saying we played the perfect game and the Pats just mucked it all up giving it to us.

I know the games where one team loses the game compared to one team winning the game...but last night was not one of them. I think the greatest thing to be taken from last night is we played horrible in so many ways and still one on the Pats field, in their chosen environment to play in, and beat them at their game, not ours.

This was the best win in almost two decades. Evans...go piss on yourself.
Things like that get hidden in the news by the win..be assured if we had lost, there would have been a lot of talk about how they were all missed opportunities.

How many QBs over the past 10 years have outplayed Brady at home in December?
The 49ers didn't lose and if they did I would imagine that the defense giving up all those TDs in a row and Akers would have been the top culprits over the 4 bungled snaps.

He didn't out play Brady..our defense did. Their defense is NOT as GOOD as OURs. But if you want to stack him directly against Brady multiply his stats by 2. The one thing that stands out is the TDs...and the miscues on the snaps...but otherwise statistically they were not that different. Pats punched theirs in with the running game.

Using this logic, Drew Brees outplayed Alex Smith in the divisional round last year.

He did. Now could he have outplayed us with the same players surrounding him that Alex had? I dunno. Thank goodness it is a team game. Alex didn't win that game alone...he had a lot of help from the D, from VD and from Gore..what was amazing about that game for Alex was how clutch he was when it was put on his shoulders.

Just for the record...I did not bring Alex up...
[ Edited by Jakemall on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by midrdan:
Look at the statistics that his defenses, running backs, and No. 1 receivers put up while on New England during Brady's SB years. The guy has had plenty of help in his career and will likely have played with more HOFers than Montana when its all said and done. Not to mention that he is playing in an era specifically designed to help QBs. I mean, the fact that there are 3 or 4 QBs that are in the running for consecutive games with a TD pass, the fact that Marino's TD record has been broken twice in 5 years, the fact that 4 QBs threw for 5,000 yards last year ... pointing to statistics is not going to win you this debate. Elway went to 5 SBs - he is not better than Montana. See, you've got to win ALL of those big games to be best ever.

Those are all good points, but it's not like Montana didn't have a ton of help around him as well. It's not like I'm saying Montana is some scrub, he's easily in the top 3 qbs of all time with Unitas and Brady. I just think Brady is better. He has the great mix of both winning multiple superbowls like Montana did and putting up the top passing stats like Marino did.

Are you seriously arguing against Montana As the best QB of all time on the 49ers message board??? Thats an awful long reach toward helping your Alex Smith Argument

Originally posted by bigwads:
Did anyone listen to that tard on NFL Network Heath Evans today? He said that "any player" who watches the film will see that the Pats gave away the game and the 49ers did nothing to win the game. Sharper was looking at Evans like "hey douche, I was ten times the player you were and the Niners just kicked the Pats a$$."

I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that the Pats just gave away the game when the Niners had like 8 fumbles and an INT in the damn endzone. We also had one of those fumbles on the 20 yard line on that 4th down play which was basically a turnover. We have a kicker who can only make PAT's and we fumble a ball on a first down play on the 3 yard line after one of their turnovers. We have our best defensive player get hurt and can't even get a first down in the 3rd quarter and Evans is basically saying we played the perfect game and the Pats just mucked it all up giving it to us.

I know the games where one team loses the game compared to one team winning the game...but last night was not one of them. I think the greatest thing to be taken from last night is we played horrible in so many ways and still one on the Pats field, in their chosen environment to play in, and beat them at their game, not ours.

that moron gave us no chance. i didn't expect him to man up.

Hes just mad cuz he's bald and looks like Krillin,
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

3 superbowl wins, 5 superbowl appearances, only QB to go 16-0 in the regular season, owns the record for most TD passes in a season, and will likely own the record for most consecutive games with a td pass. Did all of this without a clearcut #1 receiver or runningback for most of his career. Pretty cut and dry that he is the best QB of all time.

LOL what?? You kid right? Have you ever heard of Joe Montana? He was 4-0 in the superbowl. Who gives a s**t about regular season statistics, especially in this day and age in the NFL with all of the rules catered to the offense. Also, Pats have been known to run up the score on opponents and pad their stats whenever given the opportunity. 49ers did not do this during their glory years. At the end of the day though, Tom Brady can't hold Montana's jock strap when it comes to clutch performance and winning the big game. He was undefeated and never threw a pick in the Superbowl. Don't forget Brady has yet to win a superbowl post Spygate. His first three superbowls should have asterisks next to them at the very least. In my opinion they should have been taken away!
brady+ delusion=Best QB of all time Brady/ Giants D= Jeff Hostetler
Or Jim Everett.

Seriously, it's a dumb argument to say that the Pats gave us the game. Last I checked, we forced those turnovers while our errors (with the exception of the delanie fumble) were mostly unforced. The Pats got smacked in the mouth and then went on a run and smacked us back when we started to relax and lose focus when the score was 31-3. They didn't give us anything. It seems like almost every elite offensive team we beat acts like their offense struggling was an anomaly and that they gave us the game, but we keep winning those games in the exact same fashion everytime.
Are you seriously arguing against Montana As the best QB of all time on the 49ers message board??? Thats an awful long reach toward helping your Alex Smith Argument

My alex smith argument?
Share 49ersWebzone