LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

5 fumbles and a pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bigwads:
Did anyone listen to that tard on NFL Network Heath Evans today? He said that "any player" who watches the film will see that the Pats gave away the game and the 49ers did nothing to win the game. Sharper was looking at Evans like "hey douche, I was ten times the player you were and the Niners just kicked the Pats a$$."

I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that the Pats just gave away the game when the Niners had like 8 fumbles and an INT in the damn endzone. We also had one of those fumbles on the 20 yard line on that 4th down play which was basically a turnover. We have a kicker who can only make PAT's and we fumble a ball on a first down play on the 3 yard line after one of their turnovers. We have our best defensive player get hurt and can't even get a first down in the 3rd quarter and Evans is basically saying we played the perfect game and the Pats just mucked it all up giving it to us.

I know the games where one team loses the game compared to one team winning the game...but last night was not one of them. I think the greatest thing to be taken from last night is we played horrible in so many ways and still one on the Pats field, in their chosen environment to play in, and beat them at their game, not ours.

This was the best win in almost two decades. Evans...go piss on yourself.

Heath Evans can suck it. He's just mad because we smashed his two former teams Pats and Saints. Don't be mad Heath because we took it to Brady and the rest of your wack ass patriots team.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

3 superbowl wins, 5 superbowl appearances, only QB to go 16-0 in the regular season, owns the record for most TD passes in a season, and will likely own the record for most consecutive games with a td pass. Did all of this without a clearcut #1 receiver or runningback for most of his career. Pretty cut and dry that he is the best QB of all time.

LOL what?? You kid right? Have you ever heard of Joe Montana? He was 4-0 in the superbowl. Who gives a s**t about regular season statistics, especially in this day and age in the NFL with all of the rules catered to the offense. Also, Pats have been known to run up the score on opponents and pad their stats whenever given the opportunity. 49ers did not do this during their glory years. At the end of the day though, Tom Brady can't hold Montana's jock strap when it comes to clutch performance and winning the big game. He was undefeated and never threw a pick in the Superbowl. Don't forget Brady has yet to win a superbowl post Spygate. His first three superbowls should have asterisks next to them at the very least. In my opinion they should have been taken away!
brady+ delusion=Best QB of all time Brady/ Giants D= Jeff Hostetler
Or Jim Everett.

Tom Brady and Joe Montana both have had 18-1 seasons............... one of them did not win a SB for that respective season.
i am confused, based on the overly sensitive,defensive whining in this thread are we no longer allowed to critique the starting QB anymore?

this i like bizarro world.

FWIW, i think CK played well for the most part. But the fumbles and multiple near picks need to be worked on. But he also made some nice plays.
Kaep is teh suxorz.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
He didn't out play Brady..our defense did. Their defense is NOT as GOOD as OURs. But if you want to stack him directly against Brady multiply his stats by 2. The one thing that stands out is the TDs...and the miscues on the snaps...but otherwise statistically they were not that different. Pats punched theirs in with the running game.

Half as many INTs
Better completion percentage
Much better YPC
4 times as many TDs

The Niner Defense gave Brady all those yards with that crap prevent D when they thought the game was out of hand.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Played great, but that is a whole lot of mistakes....

Are you seriously arguing against Montana As the best QB of all time on the 49ers message board??? Thats an awful long reach toward helping your Alex Smith Argument

My alex smith argument?

Dude, seriously, your name is tiny hands big heart, you can pretend if you want but dont make me pull up you old posts. What I meant was its peculiar and in my opinion nearly blasphemous for a Die hard 49ers fan to argue that Tom brady is better than Joe Montana, especially on this forum. Only a mind who is delusional enough to still think that AS is the best qb on the team could come up with such nonsense. Take into account that 20 years ago flags werent thrown for breathing on qbs and DBs could dam near bump and run all the way down the field, and recievers didnt wear skirts and draw penalties for arm tackles over the middle. Not saying Brady is not good, Im a Michigan Alum so theres always a soft spot in my heart for him, but F**k no he's not better than Montana
Dude, seriously, your name is tiny hands big heart, you can pretend if you want but dont make me pull up you old posts. What I meant was its peculiar and in my opinion nearly blasphemous for a Die hard 49ers fan to argue that Tom brady is better than Joe Montana, especially on this forum. Only a mind who is delusional enough to still think that AS is the best qb on the team could come up with such nonsense. Take into account that 20 years ago flags werent thrown for breathing on qbs and DBs could dam near bump and run all the way down the field, and recievers didnt wear skirts and draw penalties for arm tackles over the middle. Not saying Brady is not good, Im a Michigan Alum so theres always a soft spot in my heart for him, but F**k no he's not better than Montana

lol, just because my nick is TinyHandsBigHeart doesn't mean I'm tied to Alex Smith forever. Alex Smith was a great QB for us, but it's clear that his era is coming to a close. I've accepted that.

As for the Montana/Brady debate, it's not really even a debate anymore outside of 49erland and I think even most 49er fans are willing to acknowledge that Brady is right up there with Montana now. Yea, it is easier to pass now, but it's not like guys like Marino didn't put up huge numbers back then. Brady has managed to win 3 superbowls and go to 5 while also putting up some of the best passing stats of his era. He's clearly the best.

I can understand why other 49er fans have a hard time acknowledging that. It wasn't easy for me either. It's hard to accept when your legendary players of old are passed by. However, it's something that is inevitable in sports and life. No matter how great someone is or how great a record is, someone better will always come along and every record will eventually be broken.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mkmasn:
He played well, but he definitely DID NOT outplay Brady. He had 4 lucky bounces and a lucky fastball in the end zone that slipped through the defender's hands/

First, the 49ers did beat the Pats.
Rightly or wrongly, the quarterback gets credit for the win or the loss--so as matter of common vernacular Kaepernick did outplay Brady.

If you look at the box score, it does look like Kaepernick might have actually outplayed Brady.

QBR Kaepernick 87.1 Brady 55.1

Rating Kaepernick 107.7 Brady 68.9

Average per pass attempt Kaepernick 8.1 Brady 6.5

Passing yards Brady 403 Karpernick 203

Sacks Kaepernick 1 Brady 3

INT Kaepernick 1 Brady 2

Kaeppernick threw four touchdowns; Brady threw for one, ran for one.
Brady better than Montana? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM ]

Alex Smith Threw 3 INTs in a game this year
Does this mean that Alex has a problem with interceptions??? Id say hell no, in fact Alex Smith is one of the Best Qbs at NOT turning the ball over if not the best.

But Kap on the other hand

He's thrown 2 picks in 4 starts, clearly he has a problem with ints and turnovers and needs to work on that
He's lost 1 fumble in 4 starts, clearly he has a problem with fumbling and turnovers and that needs to be worked on
He has a couple over/underthrown passes, clearly his accuracy is a problem and he needs to work on that
He gets a delay of game, Clearly he cant manage the clock and doesnt know the playbook and he needs to work on that.

And clearly this stuff never happens to ANY other qb in the league except Kap, isnt he just the worst
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
out played Brady

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000112913/Just-Sayin-49ers-are-best-team-in-NFL
Montana is Jordan
Brady is Kobe
Both of them great.
One of them greater.

lol, just because my nick is TinyHandsBigHeart doesn't mean I'm tied to Alex Smith forever. Alex Smith was a great QB for us, but it's clear that his era is coming to a close. I've accepted that.

As for the Montana/Brady debate, it's not really even a debate anymore outside of 49erland and I think even most 49er fans are willing to acknowledge that Brady is right up there with Montana now. Yea, it is easier to pass now, but it's not like guys like Marino didn't put up huge numbers back then. Brady has managed to win 3 superbowls and go to 5 while also putting up some of the best passing stats of his era. He's clearly the best.

I can understand why other 49er fans have a hard time acknowledging that. It wasn't easy for me either. It's hard to accept when your legendary players of old are passed by. However, it's something that is inevitable in sports and life. No matter how great someone is or how great a record is, someone better will always come along and every record will eventually be broken.

Ok so he has better stats than Montana or he has, i'll even buy that he was a better reg season qb, but how many superbowls has montana lost???? You can say he's up there with montana for sure, you can even mention his name in the same convo as best qb ever, but he is not better than Joe Montana, the giants proved that twice, everyone knows that if you get pressure in Brady's Face then he becomes average, as evidenced by our defense as well.
Originally posted by 49erCanuck:
Montana is Jordan
Brady is Kobe
Both of them great.
One of them greater.

This
Share 49ersWebzone