There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

5 fumbles and a pick

Originally posted by hofer36:
the people that seem overly sensitive to any meaningful crtique of kaerpernick's play dont seem to get that bringing smith into the equation just brings on more scrutiny of kaepernick

i feel it is right to praise kaepernick for what i think was his best game, despite the botched snaps and the interception..but if you want to take a pot shot at smith then you need to hear that kaerpernick had some problems tonite which may end up costing the niners in the playoffs

*an overthrow of davis for a sure td
*davis only 1 catch in entire game--still no kaerper-chemistry
*the 4 tds were vs one of the worst pass defenses in the league--
*none of the passes tonite for tds were into particularly tight windows--on the 1st moss and wlaker had both beaten the coverage, no one tried to pick up walker until it was way too late---and the td to crabtree to seal win was low, so that crabtree's going down and forward for the ball helped him move out of the grasp of the tackler
* 3 and out in 3rd quarter more than once to allow pats back into the game

im done with these points, ready to move on, go on record that i still feel that harbaugh made the wrong choice in making the qb switch but that i cant do anything but accept it and root for niners this year to go to the big game and for smith to hook up with a good team in 2013 (btw the way goldson is playing i dont think smith's salary is going to be enough to resign him)---if the usual suspects still feel the need to prop kaepernick by bashing smith, you can debate it with others

This is why Smith gets brought up because several people criticizing Kaep are guys who want Smith to start, including the OP.
I love that he kept so calm and answered the tie with a clutch go ahead td and sucked the wind out of ne. Too much good to highlight mistakes.
Its really one mistake repeated. Kap needs to practice getting the snap from under center extensively. Especially so with adverse conditions. If I were coach I would have him taking snaps all week long and have a equipment guy prep the balls to emulate different conditions..water em down, put a few in a freezer. Its a systemic glitch...but it can be fixed.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
why are people hating on Kaepernick after we beat the #1 team in the NFL at their house???

this is ridiculous!!!! and sickening...

bunch of babys

People here seem to think that Alex was an elite QB...
How many fumbles did he LOSE?

Answer: ZERO

End of story. Time to turn the page because this kid is our QB now and in the future. Deal with it!
The pick and the other throw to moss should never been made, Kaeprnick has two of such throws every game.

Yet the fumbles and the other misshandled snap these have to stop. He had problems agaisnt Miamai, Against the Rams, that's a problem, opposing DCs will keep an ye for these this could bite us, we got lucky.

Just wondering if this was Alex...

9 fumbles in 5 games! Way to much!Harbaugh get him working two hours extra on the exchange after practise.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Dec 17, 2012 at 6:44 AM ]
Kaep played a great game last night,finally throwing some td's(4) and looked cool & poised as others have said but there is one glaring fact that goes beyond this game:fumbles
He's had 9 so far this year losing 2
Hopefully he can correct that aspect of his game come playoff time because that can cost us.
Otherwise he's been playing well so far.
the people that seem overly sensitive to any meaningful crtique of kaerpernick's play dont seem to get that bringing smith into the equation just brings on more scrutiny of kaepernick

i feel it is right to praise kaepernick for what i think was his best game, despite the botched snaps and the interception..but if you want to take a pot shot at smith then you need to hear that kaerpernick had some problems tonite which may end up costing the niners in the playoffs

*none of the passes tonite for tds were into particularly tight windows--on the 1st moss and wlaker had both beaten the coverage, no one tried to pick up walker until it was way too late---and the td to crabtree to seal win was low, so that crabtree's going down and forward for the ball helped him move out of the grasp of the tackler

im done with these points, ready to move on, go on record that i still feel that harbaugh made the wrong choice in making the qb switch but that i cant do anything but accept it and root for niners this year to go to the big game and for smith to hook up with a good team in 2013 (btw the way goldson is playing i dont think smith's salary is going to be enough to resign him)---if the usual suspects still feel the need to prop kaepernick by bashing smith, you can debate it with others

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
this is the worst analysis i've ever read

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

this is the worst analysis i've ever read
Why, what's wrong with it? It's spot on.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
How many fumbles did he LOSE?

Answer: ZERO

End of story. Time to turn the page because this kid is our QB now and in the future. Deal with it!
1-You're stating the obvious(he's the starting QB now&future) everyone knows that unless they're hiding under a rock
2-The coaches & Colin himself would tell you the fumbles need to be corrected not end of story,turn the page,deal with it
One long, sustained drive and a couple three minute drives, left the rest averaging under two minutes. This kills the defense in a tough game. Which leads to injuries and late scores by the other team. While the fumbles were not lost (and certainly not the end of the world as we know it) they contributed to the defense being on the field too much.

We knew that trading Smith for Kaepernick would be trading safe, slow drives for quick explosive drives...this leaves the defense in a bad situation unless CK can increase his ball security. But in CK's defense, the score should have been 28-0 at the end of the first quarter the way the game was going...wasn't his fault that play calls were less than effective and others made mistakes--although his inexperience may have let him down on changing plays.
Winning games. All that should matter. Hope the other stuff gets cleaned up. That is all.

/
Rainy wet conditions in the game so Kaep gets a pass from me. That center exchange needs to be worked on doe. But then Goodwin was going against Wilfork
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:35 AM ]
The whole fast vs slow thing as it pertains to the QB position is blown out of proportion. Its no Kap's fault if a pass goes for a score, nor should anybody be actively trying not to score to preserve some sort of "clock chewing" offensive drive. If you can score...you do, end of story.

The fumbles are a huge problem...but its solvable with practice reps. While its obvious Kap created a lot of his own drama, which leaves the door open for people to say Smith would have been more stable, it was also really clear that Kap made up for his errors by making plays well beyond Smith's ability. Not sure why people cant just root for the guy who has the job and have to keep after the Smith deal in every thread. Its done...let it rest.

Moving on too the " 2 bad throws"....the zone does this a ton, we dismiss how many bad throws other qb's make, how many missed blocks other OT's have, how many times a pass isnt defensed by a big name corner. Too many people on our boards expect constant perfection from our players in some misguided belief that others teams guys never have bad down either. Hell Tom Brady who is in conversation for the best of all time, love him or hate him, missed a ton of passes last night and through several "dumb" ones as well. Nobody is picking him apart monday morning, but our rookie with 3 games behind him gets a huge win and people are talking about 2 poor decisions...I am waiting for the thread about how Staley sucks because he wiffed once last night.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
One long, sustained drive and a couple three minute drives, left the rest averaging under two minutes. This kills the defense in a tough game. Which leads to injuries and late scores by the other team. While the fumbles were not lost (and certainly not the end of the world as we know it) they contributed to the defense being on the field too much.

We knew that trading Smith for Kaepernick would be trading safe, slow drives for quick explosive drives...this leaves the defense in a bad situation unless CK can increase his ball security. But in CK's defense, the score should have been 28-0 at the end of the first quarter the way the game was going...wasn't his fault that play calls were less than effective and others made mistakes--although his inexperience may have let him down on changing plays.

So basically, scoring quickly is a bad thing.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Winning games. All that should matter. Hope the other stuff gets cleaned up. That is all.

/

Indeed!

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Rainy wet conditions in the game so Kaep gets a pass from me. That center exchange needs to be worked on doe. But then Goodwin was going against Wilfork

Well said...and you're right...Wilfork
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home