LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by Mankster:
I think the Patriots are in for a rude awakening!

The Cards beat 'em, the Hawks beat 'em. Is it really necessary to remind ourselves that our gang has a stronger defense AND more dynamic offense then either of those?

Why the panic?
  • Because they whipped the Texans? Let me tell you, the Texans have been skating on thin ice for over a month now and it just broke on them last night. No shock.
  • Cause they managed to win a shootout with the mighty Bills? Oooo.
  • Cause they squeaked out an OT win over the Jets? wow...
  • Cause they beat the Fins by a TD. Now I'm really scared.

We on the other hand have been trying new things, bringing top draft picks up to speed, and preparing for the home stretch.

Final score: Niners 31, Patsies 13

This, get in Brady's face! You can run on them and play action off of that. Go Niners!

Not unless CK can force them out of that 8 man front. The Pats were able to shut down Schaub and Andre Johnson so they could stay in the 8 man front. Do you think Kaepernick and Crabtree will have better success than Houston?

The only thing our offense can demonstrate is the QB running threat. Plus Vernon > Daniels, but overall Houston's offense is better than the Niners. If you watched that game last night, Houston got derailed to start the game because they had the INT in the endzone. That really set the tone for the rest of the game.

On defense, Houston was beat with the uptempo game. We need to be on point and get the signals in quick.

I agree the INT was a crushing blow, however, good, experienced teams do over come such things. The problem was that NE just continued to take away the run game and that also took away the play action passing which is a staple of the Houston offense. As Gruden kept noting; "they made Houston play left-handed." Bellichick does that.

I also agree that the Houston offense is better than the 49ers. Foster is a stud - as productive as Gore in the run game and a better pass receiver, Johnson is better than any of our WRs, Davis is faster than Daniels but not as good at reading defenses and finding open space, and Schaub is certainly a more polished QB than CK.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe this is very winnable game at this point. However, the Texans run a different style of offense with different players. Lets be real here, the Pats won because Brady and company had their defense completely fooled for large portions of the game. The real challenge for the 9ers will be how they handle those specialty H-back formations. I also believe the 9ers won't go straight man coverage nearly as often as Houston did. The other big story was just how non-existent JJ Watt was. Time for Aldon to make his case. :)
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think we need to dust off our old Kurt Warner game plans and pressure Brady hard up the middle to move him off of his spot and TRY to keep him from stepping up. Easier said than done of course.

Or maybe bring out our gameplan from last year against the Rams, same offensive coordinator, same offensive scheme, of course they had WAY lesser talent, but it's a great base gameplan to go from.
Brady is gonna treat us like Giselle and f**k us
I don't know wtf is up with this team but I feel more confident in them against good teams like the pats than i do vs average teams
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I don't know wtf is up with this team but I feel more confident in them against good teams like the pats than i do vs average teams

we're the new giants. we play down to the average teams and up vs the good teams. i'll take it if we have the same success.
W-W-L
W-W-L
W-W-T
W-W-L
W-

We win. Simple.

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

What the hell are you even doing here?
Originally posted by Genius1310:
W-W-L
W-W-L
W-W-T
W-W-L
W-

We win. Simple.

beat patriots
lose to seahawks
beat arizona
beat Giants
Tie Packers NFCCG

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

What the hell are you even doing here?

posting. What the hell are you even doing here?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
W-W-L
W-W-L
W-W-T
W-W-L
W-

We win. Simple.

beat patriots
lose to seahawks
beat arizona
beat Giants
Tie Packers NFCCG

... ...

W-W-L
W-W-L
W-W-T
W-W-L
W-

We win. Simple.

beat patriots
lose to seahawks
beat arizona
beat Giants
Tie Packers NFCCG

No ties allowed in the playoffs. The game will go on for an unprecedented two and a half days until an exhausted Aaron Rogers misplays a shotgun snap deep in his own territory and Aldon Smith passes out and inadvertently falls on the ball. Niners win! Niners win! Paramedics will cart exhausted players directly to the hospital.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
W-W-L
W-W-L
W-W-T
W-W-L
W-

We win. Simple.

beat patriots
lose to seahawks
beat arizona
beat Giants
Tie Packers NFCCG

No ties allowed in the playoffs. The game will go on for an unprecedented two and a half days until an exhausted Aaron Rogers misplays a shotgun snap deep in his own territory and Aldon Smith passes out and inadvertently falls on the ball. Niners win! Niners win! Paramedics will cart exhausted players directly to the hospital.

Then... according to the pattern, the next game will be a Win...

Which, if I am not mistaken, is the superb.... (shhhh... don't jinx it)

Originally posted by ImJustA9erGirl:
Not scurred, bring on the Pats!!

Pics (of you) or GTFO
lets hit them in the mouf!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
lets hit them in the mouf!

got to be Fysical.

God damn if that wasn't a red flag I don't know what is.
What a dingleberry he was.
Share 49ersWebzone