There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who deserves egg on their face today the most?

Who deserves egg on their face today the most?

you must have watched a different game ,kap gave them 8 points ....
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
you must have watched a different game ,kap gave them 8 points ....

And Harbaugh was responsible for the idiotic play on a short third down conversion that led to giving up 6 of those points.

Why call a play like that on a short conversion? Just drop back and throw the pass. Why resort to cheap trickery? I thought you had faith in your new golden boy QB? Now you can't trust him to make a third down throw?

This is my problem with Harbaugh...he makes bold choices like going with Kap over a clearly more experienced (and high performing) Smith, but then wilts under pressure, and pulls a little puss move like that option pitch.
Man, this should be an omelette!

Akers is solid under 40 yards until he heals or is gone.

Roman pissed me off the most. The runs weren't working - no adjustments. it was the least creative game plan from him ever! Not concerned if he bolts.

Delaine "Butterfingers" Walker - hopefully he can stop the drops. Hot & Cold. We'll need a pass catching TE in the draft.

JH -PLEASE don't be stubborn like Nolan & Sing by sticking with a scheme doesn't work. Learn from the Master Bill Walsh - adapt and win.

Ginn - it was nice knowing ya.

Refs - Review that game and improve your performance.
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
I let it hatch, have it lay 5 eggs and throw one at each of those people except for kaep. He didn't play amazinglybut he didn't cost us the game by no means

Guess you didn't see the bad flip to give the lambs their only touchdown.
Originally posted by drakan:
Kaepernick...player of the game for the Rams.

I agree
Anyone try to actually quantify the damage?

Staley
-3 points for holding call pushed a promising drive out of field goal range.

Walker
-4 points for dropped TD that ended up being a FG

Pitch play:
If we call that an 8 point play for the Rams, my lay of the blame looks like this:
-3 points Ginn
-3 points Roman
-1 point Kaep
-1 point Ref

I know everyone blames the fumble on Kaep, but really it is the play calling. A pro QB botches that pitch a certain % of the time. It happens. Roman needs to account for that and not call that play in that situation. Ginn needs to make that recovery also. That was the worst display of fundamentals I have seen in a while. Every kid who has played pop warner knows you dive on the ball when you are shoulder-to-shoulder with a player of the other team.

(Ginn's mistake was the easiest to not make and it provides the biggest swing in points if it is made. That is why it was the single biggest determining factor in that game imo.)

Kaep
-1 points for safety (other goes to ref)
-1 for td fumble
-3 for running out of bounds which allows for fg

Ginn
-3 for td fumble

Roman
-3 for td fumble
-3 for going conservative when we need yardage for the fg

Ref
-1 for call on td fumble
-1 for call on safety

So mistake leaders:
6 - Roman
5 - Kaep
4 - Walker
3 - Ginn
3 - Staley
2 - Ref

Thats 23 points we lost / they gained that are directly attributable to mistakes made in this game.
Jim
Roman
Keap
Ginn
Akers
Walker
I think we can all agree that the buck stops with the coach, and Harbaugh isn't shying away from taking the blame.

I also think its wrong to single out an individual when this was a team loss. The fact that we've identified 5-6 potential culprits, all of whom could've won the game had they made a different decision, points to this being a team loss. Plus there are other, lesser culpable players like those on the O-line, and even our defense to a very minor extent (like getting burnt twice in a row on a QB scramble).

But if we're trying to go with the person most responsible, it has to be Roman. Our offense looked dead out there, and looked to be performing at 10% of what we all know its capable of doing. Yes, St Louis has a good defense, and yes, they were pressuring Kap all game long, but we didn't make any adjustments, and we didn't call any of the plays that could let Kap make the type of plays that our coaches say were the reason they went with Kap in the first place! It made Kap look less than what he is, which in turn reflected poorly on Harbaugh, and led to another distracting week of people questioning the QB. Poor form.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
So you have one egg, and all the individuals who made blunders in yesterday's game are lined up in front of you in their underpants. Who you throwin' that that egg at and why?

I'm throwing mine at Walker, game winning TD bounced right off his hands.

I'm also throwing mine at Walker for the same reason you are, then I'm picking up a rock and throwing it at Akers' nuts for sucking at what he's (over)paid to do.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM ]
Originally posted by sspiker:

But if we're trying to go with the person most responsible, it has to be Roman. Our offense looked dead out there, and looked to be performing at 10% of what we all know its capable of doing. Yes, St Louis has a good defense, and yes, they were pressuring Kap all game long, but we didn't make any adjustments, and we didn't call any of the plays that could let Kap make the type of plays that our coaches say were the reason they went with Kap in the first place! It made Kap look less than what he is, which in turn reflected poorly on Harbaugh, and led to another distracting week of people questioning the QB. Poor form.

I agree. Obviously Harbaugh has to share some of that blame, but the overall offensive gameplan and adjustments (or lack thereof) are on Roman. The repeated up-the-gut runs with Gore were ridiculous, something like 24 yds on 18 carries after he started 3 for 34 yds. Strategically, huge mistake by Harbaugh to not have James active, leaving you without a speed back who can hit the edges and get around the corner.

And late-3rd Qty into 4th, once it was very clear the Rams were not going to give up anything over the top, the slants/short routes to Crabtree were being completed almost at-will. So why stop and go back to Gore up the middle for no gain? Inexplicable, but that's what they did. Repeatedly.

Roman needs to stop paying attention to the media types who gush over how "brilliant" he is and, oh I dunno, actually be brilliant, or at least solidly mediocre.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM ]
Akers dude, Akers.

It's more of a 1a, 1b, 1c....but yeah, Akerz.
The O-Line.. and Delanie.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Jim
Roman
Keap
Ginn
Akers
Walker

This, except switch Akers and Ginn spots.
Roman because he's a dips**t
Harbaugh for not overriding Roman's pitch play. As soon as I saw Ginn in the backfield I knew something bad was going to happen. In fact, I'm starting to question how good Harbaugh really is and we can't trust anything he says. I think an argument can be made that Fangio is the biggest reason for the success of the last two season since he's in charge of the D.