LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Who deserves egg on their face today the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who deserves egg on their face today the most?

It was a team loss, everyone played like crap. On the road and in the division, you can't bury yourselves with penalties, dropped passes, memory lapses, bad play calling and then still expect to win. Throw the egg on the front door of the teams facility, it's gotta be shared.
Originally posted by cciowa:
because if you are critical to him you are a racist

You are really hurt by this QB change aren't you?
Kaepernick doesn't even stay inbounds on the last offensive possession in regulation
rOMAN

/ thread.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Joe Staley for having a stupid grin on his face after the O turned the ball over

After reportedly bagging it in practice, looking like crap during the game and then multiple people saying he was grinning, all I have to say is f**k that guy

Alex and Joe are best friends. It wouldn't surprise me is Staley stunk it up in protest of Alex losing his job.

I'd hate to think that Staley would protest in that fashion. Never have been too impressed with Staleys play either.
Originally posted by obx49:
Walker by a Long shot. Kaep threw a dime, all Walker had to do is to reach out and get it....Game Over!

And then there is the play after the drop where he gets a flag for holding. Sometimes he makes tough plays look easy but then.........
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
How anyone could vote for anyone BUT Harbaugh is beyond me. He chose to stick the kid behind center so I'm not blaming the kid for making mistakes, that is to be expected. JH should have known better. Harbaugh radioed in the pitch play, he should have known that was a stupid risky play for the situation.

This x1000
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Joe Staley for having a stupid grin on his face after the O turned the ball over

After reportedly bagging it in practice, looking like crap during the game and then multiple people saying he was grinning, all I have to say is f**k that guy

Alex and Joe are best friends. It wouldn't surprise me is Staley stunk it up in protest of Alex losing his job.

I'd hate to think that Staley would protest in that fashion. Never have been too impressed with Staleys play either.

Glad it wasn't just me that thought he had a lil smirk on his face after Kap made the bad pitch.

I can't definitively say he was but it sure as heck looked like it and if so he can get his crap outta here. No need for that and I'm pretty sure knowing the character that Alex has he wouldn't condone that.
LOL. Wow. This team is falling apart over Alex getting benched. The Seahawks, Rams, and Cardinals must be laughing their asses off.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Glad it wasn't just me that thought he had a lil smirk on his face after Kap made the bad pitch.

I can't definitively say he was but it sure as heck looked like it and if so he can get his crap outta here. No need for that and I'm pretty sure knowing the character that Alex has he wouldn't condone that.
I saw that too. I wouldnt be surprised if he was blowing blocking assignments to make Kaep roll out. He always seems to be rolling to the right. and we know Iupati shuts it down no question soooo Staley makes me sick except for what he does on the run.

Harbaugh, of course. He picked the QB who cost us the game over a proven veteran (20-6 in the last two seasons, remember?) who would not have made the mistakes that led to the debacle.
Harbaugh / Roman / Akers all deserve the eggface. That pitch play should'nt been called so close to the goal line.

Throw the ref's in there too for getting the call wrong that cost 2 points.

Aker's has to get it together, his slump has cost 2 wins already.......

People are twisting themselves into pretzels to defend Kaepernick.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
It was a team loss, everyone played like crap. On the road and in the division, you can't bury yourselves with penalties, dropped passes, memory lapses, bad play calling and then still expect to win. Throw the egg on the front door of the teams facility, it's gotta be shared.
This...
  • kray28
  • Veteran
In terms of blame, the buck always stops with the coach.

All the missteps...every decision made (good and bad), and every consequence that culminated in that loss was done with Jim Harbaugh's full agreement and cooperation.

Harbaugh made some tough decisions, and they (mostly) blew up in his face on Sunday. He found himself outcoached and outmaneuvered by a better tactician with a less talented team. And it's the second time in three weeks too. Harbaugh brought a winning attitude to a talented team and helped it play to its strengths, but in the process I think he started smelling his own farts and believing them to be essence of rose. I think Jim Harbaugh has jumped the shark.

So he thinks he can bench a player who was performing well, but got injured and reported it. He thinks that won't have an impact on team morale? He thinks it doesn't send a message to his troops about his loyalty to them and the security of their own jobs. Point here is that if Harbaugh ever brings up cards like "honor" or "loyalty", or comraderie...as part of his motivation for the team, they will tune him out because he's proven himself to be a BS master.

BTW: The way this game was lost is strangely reminiscent of how Harbaugh ended his QB stint in Chicago. (Anyone remember the play?...I do, like it was yesterday, I was no Bears fan, so I enjoyed the heck out of it.)
[ Edited by kray28 on Dec 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone