LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Who deserves egg on their face today the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who deserves egg on their face today the most?

How anyone could vote for anyone BUT Harbaugh is beyond me. He chose to stick the kid behind center so I'm not blaming the kid for making mistakes, that is to be expected. JH should have known better. Harbaugh radioed in the pitch play, he should have known that was a stupid risky play for the situation.
Roman.....hands down
Gotta go with Harbaugh on this one. Like all HC's say "The buck stops with me".

He admitted the pitch call was a risky play and ran it anyways. Even if it was Roman's call, it's Harbaugh's responsibility to overrule him. The players should not have been put in that position.

Clock management was bad at the end of the 4th. Instead of leaving the Rams with 0 timeouts and 45 seconds, we left them with 1:30 and 1 timeout.

Akers blew a chance to win the game, but he was put in a tough spot. The coaches know he is struggling, and still chose to go ultra-conservative once we hit the 35. They took their foot off the gas and were content with attempting a 50+ yard FG, despite the fact that Akers can hardly make anything 40+ at the moment.
The Oline. Were terrible
Courtland Finnegan or Jeff Fisher... Or the officials... Can't throw my egg to a niner.
Considering all the horrible plays, and all that went wrong, the fact that we only lost by 3 in OT on the road is a little encouraging.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Walker by a Long shot. Kaep threw a dime, all Walker had to do is to reach out and get it....Game Over!
Kaepernick made two bad plays..one where he ran out of bounds and the other was a bad toss to Ginn. But, he still got his team in a position to win after that mistake. Kaepernick did enough for his team to win. If Alex Smith was under center against that D...the Rams probably have 10 sacks and we score 3 points.

Roman made some terrible playcalls.

The refs were equally bad for both teams. But that safety call was a tough one.

Akers missed a FG in OT but that wouldn't have even mattered if:

Delanie Walker catches an easy TD which would have made St.Louis score a TD in 1:30 instead of a game tying FG. Walker does some nice things but he drops at least one crucial pass a game. He cannot be trusted to make big plays because he is too inconsistent.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Dec 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM ]
It has to be Harbs.
1st- Roman, 2nd- Ginn, 3rd-Harbaugh... at times Roman has a tendency to get too cute with his calls. Case in point, last season NFCCG... it's rainy and they try that stupid double-reverse TOSS! WTF? reverses are risky, double reverses are trickier, and what MORON tosses the ball when it's rainy? Fast forward to sunday's game... We had the number 1 rushing offense in the NFL, why are we getting cute and trying a TOSS play so deep in our own territory? As for Ginn.. FALL ON THE DAMN BALL!!!!! That's a basic priciple taught at the Pop Warner level!!!! lastly, Harbaugh, because as the head coach, the Buck Stops With Him. Still a Diehard fan. Go Niners!!!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Considering all the horrible plays, and all that went wrong, the fact that we only lost by 3 in OT on the road is a little encouraging.

no its not and its all on the head coach.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stonecold590:
The Oline. Were terrible

has been in all but two games this year. some people and not you stone cold,,,, acted like they just woke up yesterday and all of a sudden realized the o lone pass protection was horses**t
Why is Kaepernick getting so much slack? Start him again. Fine. But he botched the game more than anyone else.
[ Edited by VA49er on Dec 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VA49er:
Why is Kaepernick getting so much slack? Start him again. Fine. But he botched the game more than anyone else.

because if you are critical to him you are a racist
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by VA49er:

because if you are critical to him you are a racist

I wish him all the best again next week. He needs to figure out how to read zones and let the game come to him. It just sucked that our Defense stepped up so big in that game. The Kicking game has been horrible this year. We would already be to 10 wins if Akers was his old self. We might have beat the Giants. It certainly would have been closer. I sure hope we break our lose every third game streak before or during the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone