LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

Missing Element from QB conversation - PASSION

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by BlowMeFropwns:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'd say passion is what Alex has always been missing. He's a tough SOB, but he's always lacked that fire. the fire that is very apparent in CK.

He's tough? HOW Is he tough? When has Alex ever played through an injury?

Tough is Jerry Rice. Tough is Roger Craig. Tough is Brett Favre.

Playing in front of sissy fans who boo you doesn't make you tough.

You're joking right?
This HAS to be a joke right? You know why Alex doesn't have the zip on his throws he used to right? He played with a shoulder injury that he shouldn't have.
I'd say passion is what Alex has always been missing. He's a tough SOB, but he's always lacked that fire. the fire that is very apparent in CK.

Originally posted by aTx49er:

You're joking right?

This and That
Yes PASSION! Definitely.

I remember when Montana and Young was so passionate that they reacted to every 1st down. They were like in your face passion signalling first downs.
Yelling and screaming at OLine men and WRs. And they won 5 superbowls with that passion.

And there was that time... oh wait... I was thinking of Dan Marino.

Montana and Young were really composed and cool.

Never mind.. Carry on with your conversation.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
alex has passion because he sucked for a long time?

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He played with a ripped up shoulder until secondary evaluations kept him out when he should never have been playing.

He finished a drive with a TD after suffering a concussion
PASSION OF THE KAEP
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by amigoj49:

Drive after Drive, answering Drew Brees... You didn't see that passion? C'mon man!

1 game dude. where has it been the other 8 years? It was season after season of watching him laugh after 3 and outs. even in the NFCCG

Drive after Drive, answering Drew Brees... You didn't see that passion? C'mon man!

1 game dude. where has it been the other 8 years? It was season after season of watching him laugh after 3 and outs. even in the NFCCG

Kaep is always laughing on the sidelines

When Nolan was coaching Alex sustained a separated shoulder and sat out 3 or 4 games and but he came back. Alex complained of pain and Nolan basically called him soft so he played through it. At the end of that season he had to have surgery and missed the 08 season because of if. Alex is tough and durable IMO......
I am not even going to argue that Alex is even remotely as talented as Colin. Everyone on this forum/world has discussed pros and cons of ALEX VS. COLIN. But I felt that one important factor was left out of these conversations. The word "PASSION".

With Alex, we went through 7 freaking years of AGONY. Boy, was it tough to endure… getting blown out, watching our team (whom we felt was talented), get tossed around like salad. So imagine how tough it must have been on our players. Alex, Gore, Vernon, Staley, Willis… They were ridiculed, lost so many heartache games, it had to have felt like PURE HELL.

And ALEX was the leader of the loser Niners. What I saw from these LOSERS during last year's playoffs was PASSION. It was a pure will to win. No matter what, they were not going to settle for a loss. And Alex led that charge with his PASSION. We all saw that passion come out during the New Orleans playoff game. It was beautiful and effective. I was proud of our team even after the loss to the Giants. We saw our team play with such passion - unknown to mankind, it was breathtaking.

Last week, our losers lost their leader. It was as if the head of a leader was chopped off. We had lost our IDENTITY. Colin and Harbaugh do NOT know all that we had endured before their arrival. Even as fans, how we were ridiculed by the world for being a Niners' faithful. All the tough defeats that our team endured during those sad and pathetic years. YOU CAN'T MEASURE THAT PASSION. ALEX HAS THAT PASSION. ALEX CAN LEAD US TO OUR PROMISED LAND. LET THE PHOENIX RISE. LET OUR PHOENIX RISE!

The sad thing is AS is probably already thinking about a new team for next season and he probably isn't even on speaking terms with Harb. Harb starting CK over a healthy AS probably not only took AS's trust away, it probably took away some of the other 49er vet's also. Now EVERYONE (media, fans, 49er players) all take what Harb says with a grain of salt... Just Saying. -Mr.Truth
[ Edited by MrTruth on Dec 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM ]

Now we're just grasping at straws. We lose one game and now the team lost the passion they had with Alex. Really? Before this game the team appeared to be more energized with Kaep as the starter. This group always plays with passion. They may not play well every week, but nobody does. It's unreasonable to expect Kaep to never have a bad game, or the team to never have an off week.

Harbaugh has determined that Kaep gives us the best chance to win. Kaep is the better player. Harbaugh knows what he's doing. He has a complete understanding of both QB's abilities. If this were Nolan or Singletary, go ahead and blast them. They have a history of losing. Harbaugh is a winner, and he's proven time and time again that he knows whats best for his team. Trust him on this one.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I lulz every time I see this.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
my passion lasts 8 hours.
Passion fruits in his diet
It feels so passionate in here
Share 49ersWebzone