There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Akers Effect

If they cut him in time he might be able to audition for that celebrity high diving show with TO!!!!!!!!!!!! But with Akers luck, he'd probably miss the water...lol.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Somehow I doubt it. Very surprised if he isn't cut immediately. He's a liability.

Akers may of been good for us last yr, but that was last yr. He's been god awful this season. Injured or not, can't have him blowing important FG's in the playoffs. Have no idea who's the best available kicker in FA right now; if there is any. Have my doubts Harbaugh replaces him too. Guess we"ll see what happens in the next few days...
Just a matter of calling the Zendejas Family. I'm sure they have a few family members hanging around that can drill a 45 yarder at will!
Every scoring opportunity is valuable in the playoffs, even FG's. A FG could cost us in the playoffs. I like Akers, but we need to get a more dependable kicker. If Akers is the best available right now, then the niners better make sure they are more efficient on offense.
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
He is injured......

I truely think this is the reason why he has been less than stellar.
Jose Cortez just delivered a pizza to me, want me to catch him before he leaves?
Is Alex smith a captain still??
Pochman......Pochman......Pochman
Originally posted by Sourball:
Jose Cortez just delivered a pizza to me, want me to catch him before he leaves?

OMG, that was funny
No matter what we do here, I'm not going to feel good about our kicking situation.

1. Keep Akers and we're playing with fire.

2. Bring in Nate Kaeding just for the playoffs? That sounds like an abject disaster.

3. There aren't a whole lot of other options out there that are guaranteed upgrades over Akers.
Is Jose Cortez available?
cut him now
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
No matter what we do here, I'm not going to feel good about our kicking situation.

1. Keep Akers and we're playing with fire.

2. Bring in Nate Kaeding just for the playoffs? That sounds like an abject disaster.

3. There aren't a whole lot of other options out there that are guaranteed upgrades over Akers.

Kaeding was signed by the Dolphins.

I think someone needs to be brought in. Feel bad for Akers - dude had a killer season last year after getting run out of Philly during a particularly difficult time in his life. I hope he can turn it around but I'm losing my confidence....
We now have an entire bye week to audition somebody, and it's not like Andy Lee, or Jennings' hands will get tired from trying to practice place-kicking chemistry.

This guy has to go, he's a 'Kyle Williams' waiting to happen.
Replace him, because he's going to cost us in the playoffs. I just can't believe that he's magically going to be better in two weeks and return to his 2011 form.