3. Billy Cundiff
4. Neil Rackers
5. Justin Medlock
6. Dave Rayner
7. David Buehler
8. John Potter
9. Garrett Lindholm
10. Rhys Lloyd

My thought would be to sign John Kasay, Cundiff or Rackers. Be interesting to see if the Niners have a tryout this week.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Here is the list from Rotoworld published 3 days ago:

Kickers

1. Ryan Longwell
2. John Kasay
3. Billy Cundiff
4. Neil Rackers
5. Justin Medlock
6. Dave Rayner
7. David Buehler
8. John Potter
9. Garrett Lindholm
10. Rhys Lloyd

My thought would be to sign John Kasay, Cundiff or Rackers. Be interesting to see if the Niners have a tryout this week.

Cundiff went 7 of 12 for Washington this year and choked his ass off in last year's postseason. No thanks.

Rackers is a career 8 for 14 in the playoffs. Scary.

Kasay would probably be the best option, but I don't know. He's 43 years old.
How bout instead on relying on Akers we just kick everybody's ass in the first place
Akers is the second most disliked player on the team.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Kaeding was signed by the Dolphins.

I think someone needs to be brought in. Feel bad for Akers - dude had a killer season last year after getting run out of Philly during a particularly difficult time in his life. I hope he can turn it around but I'm losing my confidence....

My bad. Forgot about that signing.

One fewer option.

I agree that Akers has been brutal, but the other options out there are equally shaky, if not more so.
There has to be something better than this. This is getting rediculous by now. Do you want to go into the playoffs with this guy?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
How about we try harder to convert 3rd downs and score in the red zone instead of playing for the FG?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hnida

How about Katie Hnida?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I guess I'm just an old school fan who remembers a time when the Niners had the worst kicker and the worst punter, and no one cared because we were the Niners and we scored TDs.

[ Edited by kray28 on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM ]
Get Nedney back here ASAP.
Spend the money on the best FA K on the market or draft the top guy coming outta college.

Originally posted by Genius1310:
Get Nedney back here ASAP.
Spend the money on the best FA K on the market or draft the top guy coming outta college.

Exactly. I think we may be stuck with Akers until next year, so we definitely need to grab a guy in the offseason. Given the success of the rookie kickers this year, I like the idea of drafting a kicker (Hopkins, Sturgis, or Sharp preferably). Free agency is another option.

In the interim, the only possible replacement that seems interesting is mbrock's John Kasay idea.
I think if Nedney could still play we would have already barked up that tree
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Here is the list from Rotoworld published 3 days ago:

Kickers

1. Ryan Longwell
2. John Kasay
3. Billy Cundiff
4. Neil Rackers
5. Justin Medlock
6. Dave Rayner
7. David Buehler
8. John Potter
9. Garrett Lindholm
10. Rhys Lloyd

Cundiff went 7 of 12 for Washington this year and choked his ass off in last year's postseason. No thanks.

Rackers is a career 8 for 14 in the playoffs. Scary.

Kasay would probably be the best option, but I don't know. He's 43 years old.

Longwell and Kasay are the only ones that interest me. Don't think it matters tho. Have a feeling we're going to stick with Akers. If we do, just got to pray he magically turns into the same Kicker we had all last season and early on this season too. Ugggh.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Hopefully we bring in Longwell as a replacement, tired of seeing Harbaugh cringe whenever Akers trots out there.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
He's a hot mess right now. I'd rather have David Beckham
Share 49ersWebzone