LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So your smarter than Harbaugh? If Harbs agrees Kaep can take the team further some would disagree? Again, say both QB's are in the second year. Smith does
Not have a long history with the team would anyone pick Him over Kaep them?

Anyone?
Originally posted by Jeff_Monica08:
I too was not impressed with the offensive play this past weekend. Without our strong D there is no way we would have won. I am a frustrated NINER fan right now. Most fans think KAP is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. I see alot of holes in his QB skills. I am a FIRM believer that we will not go to the Super Bowl much less win it if Harbaugh continues to play KAP. ALEX SMITH gives us the best and in my opinion the only chance to get to the Super Bowl and WIN it this year. I know I am not in the majority here but I have followed and been a faithful fan for over 30 years now and I am really nervous that this QB situation is going to blow up in Harbaughs face......
I'm curious what holes in CK's game are you referring too? Also would you be even more frustrated if the we lost and Kap stunk it up?
I too was not impressed with the offensive play this past weekend. Without our strong D there is no way we would have won. I am a frustrated NINER fan right now. Most fans think KAP is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. I see alot of holes in his QB skills. I am a FIRM believer that we will not go to the Super Bowl much less win it if Harbaugh continues to play KAP. ALEX SMITH gives us the best and in my opinion the only chance to get to the Super Bowl and WIN it this year. I know I am not in the majority here but I have followed and been a faithful fan for over 30 years now and I am really nervous that this QB situation is going to blow up in Harbaughs face......

We would have still won. Take away our 14 and take away their 7 off of Ginn's fumble. That's only 7 points we got more than them off of mistakes.

We won by 10. So, by your logic, we would have won by 3 points.
From my understanding didn't the team put the brakes on in the fourth to eat clock? If so you can't just look at numbers and make conclusions. When you face a QB like Breeze the best defense is ToP and keeping him on the bench. Something a good run game accomplishes nicely.
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
I'm curious what holes in CK's game are you referring too? Also would you be even more frustrated if the we lost and Kap stunk it up?

Yeah jeff we're gonna need more evidence than that, you could start with some facts to back up your opinion, why are you so worried?? if Kap is a s bad as you think then its only a matter of time before JH goes back to Alex Smith. I think your worried because Kap is not as bad as you think, you could prove me wrong tho....with some evidence if any exists.
[ Edited by qwestlove94 on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM ]
I thought we played a good game offensively. We moved the ball and set up numerous scoring chances. Biggest problem I have is the number of holding penalties. Part of it was sloppy technique, and part of it was questionable officiating. The Superdome is a VERY tough place to play. Don't forget about that 9-minute drive, it was clutch. Brees sat on the sidelines for 24 minutes and had to watch us make it a 2-possession game. That was the dagger.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
So your smarter than Harbaugh? If Harbs agrees Kaep can take the team further some would disagree? Again, say both QB's are in the second year. Smith does
Not have a long history with the team would anyone pick Him over Kaep them?

Anyone?

Great point that no one ever brings up.

I would have to go with Kap
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:

Yeah jeff we're gonna need more evidence than that, you could start with some facts to back up your opinion, why are you so worried?? if Kap is a s bad as you think then its only a matter of time before JH goes back to Alex Smith. I think your worried because Kap is not as bad as you think, you could prove me wrong tho....with some evidence if any exists.

You guys gotta be blind. Clearly it's Kap's fault that we missed two field goals. And that Ted Gin muffed that punt. That's a 13 point swing right there and it's all thanks to Kap!!!

You sir, are nuts.

Kaep isn't the second coming, but the guy is averaging 9.2 yards per attempt. We haven't seen a player as willing or as accurate on the mid to deep throw in a long, long time.

I don't get why everyone is "bothered" by the lack of offense. It isn't a mystery. The Niners weren't done in by poor offense. They got killed by holding penalties, dropped passes, and NO holding the ball. Then they just ran the ball at the end of the game to kill the clock. Do you really think they'd have been ruinning the ball and killing the clock on every down if they weren't up by 10+ points for most of the second half?

Come on now...what game are you watching? Sometimes, teams don't roll up huge offense BECAUSE THEY DON'T NEED TO.
Moreover, if Anthony Davis doesn't get called for holding it's first and 10 from the NO 14. If Goodwin isn't called or holding the Niners convert a 3rd down and extend the drive near midfield. If Davis doesn't drop the ball they extend a drive near midfield.

Peeps need to STOP making snap decisions based on the box score. If you came away from that game DISsatisfied with kaep then you need to watch a different sport.
I see the same arguments in defense of Kaep as I have seen used in defense of Smith.

That said, obviously, this offense is dictated by Jim Harbaugh and not QB play. We are always going to be putting up balanced numbers, as opposed to relying solely on our pass game. I don't see us changing our game plan just because Kaep's in there. Personally, with our game plan, I'd rather pick up the few extra short passes with Alex because that means the ball is in the hands of our play makers a few more times a game. Yea, the added explosiveness was a nice break from the systematic, methodical play we've grown accustomed to, but in the end, why deviate from what has worked for the past year and a half.

I think we're going back to Smith this week. Glad we were able to get Kaep some playing time, and it looks like he's going to be something special.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kingairta:
From my understanding didn't the team put the brakes on in the fourth to eat clock? If so you can't just look at numbers and make conclusions. When you face a QB like Breeze the best defense is ToP and keeping him on the bench. Something a good run game accomplishes nicely.
our defense was good but yes vs the saints, the best defense is a good ball control offense. the long drive was just what was needed. i think it also helped the defense as we saw what happened the last two or three times the saints took the field after the drive. i am not going to torture myself and insult myself by sifting through this thread and finding that people are not happy about the play of ck or the offense. both sides played well, you take away the penalties and muffed punt, it was one of our best team showings. in that dome vs that offense, with those rabid fans, with a kid at quarterback who never played in a atmosphere like that,,,,,, nothing to b***h about
Originally posted by Marvin49:

You sir, are nuts.

Kaep isn't the second coming, but the guy is averaging 9.2 yards per attempt. We haven't seen a player as willing or as accurate on the mid to deep throw in a long, long time.

I don't get why everyone is "bothered" by the lack of offense. It isn't a mystery. The Niners weren't done in by poor offense. They got killed by holding penalties, dropped passes, and NO holding the ball. Then they just ran the ball at the end of the game to kill the clock. Do you really think they'd have been ruinning the ball and killing the clock on every down if they weren't up by 10+ points for most of the second half?

Come on now...what game are you watching? Sometimes, teams don't roll up huge offense BECAUSE THEY DON'T NEED TO.
Moreover, if Anthony Davis doesn't get called for holding it's first and 10 from the NO 14. If Goodwin isn't called or holding the Niners convert a 3rd down and extend the drive near midfield. If Davis doesn't drop the ball they extend a drive near midfield.

Peeps need to STOP making snap decisions based on the box score. If you came away from that game DISsatisfied with kaep then you need to watch a different sport.

Preach
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Couple of points
  • Why do so many here compare Kaepernick to perfection? And not Smith's first two starts?
  • Smith is Nolan's guy, Kaepernick is Harbaugh's.
  • 2013 Smith due 8.5 mill - Kaep .59 mill
  • Most are not happy with Smith in the red zone and on 3rd down.
  • We brought in more weapons, presuming a lack of weapons was holding Smith/Niners back from the next level.
  • Smith goes through his progressions, but always chooses the receive closest to him (lotsa 4 yd passes)
  • Harbaugh/Roman seem near genius. This is there move.
  • Smith is a great practice player, Kaep is a gamer.

Me personally I don't give a rats rear who starts if .... we just play the hot hand. Start Kap one game Smith the next. Either struggles bring in the other guy. I never understood how you can substitute every player on your team but QB. Don't mess with their rhythm. Horse puck.

Harbaugh says he wants competition at all spots. I don't recall him excluding QB in that equation.
rotating quarterbacks is dumb. bullet points 2 7 and 8 are wrong in my opinion
Originally posted by Marvin49:
You sir, are nuts.

Also there was a holding penalty that negated a Gore TD. To add we chewed up over 9 min. of clock which was the 4th longest drive time wise in the league this season.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think he's somewhat right tbh. While I'm not saying Kaep. played horrible, he played well, but he didn't necessarily play this "lights out" game I'm reading everywhere.

Would we have won if not for the 2 turnovers? I honestly say probably not. I was frustrated as hell with this team up until we Brooks play. No lie. We would have been down at the half with no momentum. To me Ahmad Brooks saved this game. The QB did not win this game as many here portray.

I think the whole offense played sloppy. I like both qbs, but Kaepernick didn't play that bad of a game. Two of the best players vd and gore both dropped perfectly thrown balls. This is just an opinion if i was right about everything i would work for the NFL Network.
Share 49ersWebzone