There are 225 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Jeff_Monica08:
I too was not impressed with the offensive play this past weekend. Without our strong D there is no way we would have won. I am a frustrated NINER fan right now. Most fans think KAP is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. I see alot of holes in his QB skills. I am a FIRM believer that we will not go to the Super Bowl much less win it if Harbaugh continues to play KAP. ALEX SMITH gives us the best and in my opinion the only chance to get to the Super Bowl and WIN it this year. I know I am not in the majority here but I have followed and been a faithful fan for over 30 years now and I am really nervous that this QB situation is going to blow up in Harbaughs face......

We would have still won. Take away our 14 and take away their 7 off of Ginn's fumble. That's only 7 points we got more than them off of mistakes.

We won by 10. So, by your logic, we would have won by 3 points.

We also missed two field goals, so that's actually 9 points.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
I too was not impressed with the offensive play this past weekend. Without our strong D there is no way we would have won. I am a frustrated NINER fan right now. Most fans think KAP is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. I see alot of holes in his QB skills. I am a FIRM believer that we will not go to the Super Bowl much less win it if Harbaugh continues to play KAP. ALEX SMITH gives us the best and in my opinion the only chance to get to the Super Bowl and WIN it this year. I know I am not in the majority here but I have followed and been a faithful fan for over 30 years now and I am really nervous that this QB situation is going to blow up in Harbaughs face......
I'm curious what holes in CK's game are you referring too? Also would you be even more frustrated if the we lost and Kap stunk it up?
no one thinks he is the second coming,, they just think he is a very very large upgrade over alex. most of the fan base do not hate smith and know he is a very solid quarterback. some of us like smith very much and did not think ck had any chance to start this year not to mention take the job, but then saw what he did in the last 3 games, saw that he can move in the pocket, make plays, save plays and not get sacked in a manner we have not had since garcia.
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
is smith puts up the same exact stat line as kaep you guys want him benched. any one but alex right?

Yeah because everyone hates Alex Smith for no reason at all. Sure thats what it is .WE ALL HATE ON ALEX SMITH FOR BEING SO GOOD.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
I see the same arguments in defense of Kaep as I have seen used in defense of Smith.

That said, obviously, this offense is dictated by Jim Harbaugh and not QB play. We are always going to be putting up balanced numbers, as opposed to relying solely on our pass game. I don't see us changing our game plan just because Kaep's in there. Personally, with our game plan, I'd rather pick up the few extra short passes with Alex because that means the ball is in the hands of our play makers a few more times a game. Yea, the added explosiveness was a nice break from the systematic, methodical play we've grown accustomed to, but in the end, why deviate from what has worked for the past year and a half.

I think we're going back to Smith this week. Glad we were able to get Kaep some playing time, and it looks like he's going to be something special.

!?!

The guy has a rating over 100, 3 TDs in the air ,1 on the ground, 1 INT, he's averaging 9.2 yards per attempt (highest in the NFL among players who have thrown at least as many passes as he has), he beat the Bears D who had eaten QBs alive on this season and he beat the hottest team in football in the Saints. Why do we need to "defend" him at all?

Is it possible that our standards are just a "tad" high?
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
is smith puts up the same exact stat line as kaep you guys want him benched. any one but alex right?

Yeah because everyone hates Alex Smith for no reason at all. Sure thats what it is .WE ALL HATE ON ALEX SMITH FOR BEING SO GOOD.

Yea what ever happend to "its not about flashy stats or numbers" because that was the #1 defense of Alex, lets not flip-flop too fast now
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:

This.

I've been an Alex supporter for YEARS so I ain't saying this as a "hater". If you can't see the difference when Kaep is out there then I think you need to start watching a different sport. It ain't just the stats...but if we ARE going to talk stats, how about THIS one....9.2 yards per attempt...highest in the LEAGUE among players who have thrown as many passes as he has.
I'm curious what holes in CK's game are you referring too? Also would you be even more frustrated if the we lost and Kap stunk it up?
I thought i would never see someone say ALEX SMITH gives us the best chance to win a superbowl! The defense will get us to the superbowl! Kaep will help the running game with his arm and legs, or Smith will help by not turning the ball over playing safe enough to squeek in the win. I think if Smith starts again we can win a superbowl IF we don't get a critical injury on the defense.
Originally posted by cciowa:
no one thinks he is the second coming,, they just think he is a very very large upgrade over alex. most of the fan base do not hate smith and know he is a very solid quarterback. some of us like smith very much and did not think ck had any chance to start this year not to mention take the job, but then saw what he did in the last 3 games, saw that he can move in the pocket, make plays, save plays and not get sacked in a manner we have not had since garcia.
I'm not asking about Alex I'm just want to know what holes were evident in CK's game and why is he a frustrated fan when we have won the last 2 games?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm not asking about Alex I'm just want to know what holes were evident in CK's game and why is he a frustrated fan when we have won the last 2 games?

i know, i was just kind of trying to play both sides of the coin. perhaps he was trying to convey the perception that when alex was the starter some would still b***h and moan or try to dilute his efforts in a win. i can not speak for that person. it is silly for people to act upset when we had two huge wins with ck just as it was/is foolish for people to be upset when alex led us to the nfc title game last year and had a solid start to this year

i know, i was just kind of trying to play both sides of the coin. perhaps he was trying to convey the perception that when alex was the starter some would still b***h and moan or try to dilute his efforts in a win. i can not speak for that person. it is silly for people to act upset when we had two huge wins with ck just as it was/is foolish for people to be upset when alex led us to the nfc title game last year and had a solid start to this year

Great Point

I hear ya but I try and make it a point not to get caught up in other posters opinions especially the Kap vs Alex debate! However I have a pet peeve when I read comments that I interpret as someone putting a player above the team.
Offense did just fine, it's a team game. When Ahmad Brooks took that interception to the house my mind thought of two similar plays by Super Bowl teams, one Lawrence Taylor's interception of Joe in the 86 playoffs at Giant Stadium, and two Derrick Brooks' pick against the Raiders in the 2002 SB. Deja Vu?
Im not disappointed but I am not thrilled with the offense. I thought we would have a bigger day against this defense. We still won the game though.
I was happy. It wasn't the bears game. However Kaep made very good throws and had some solid and key drives. We have had better games as an offense but my only disappointments in this game were Ginn, missed FG's, and injuries.
[ Edited by VA49er on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I hear ya but I try and make it a point not to get caught up in other posters opinions especially the Kap vs Alex debate! However I have a pet peeve when I read comments that I interpret as someone putting a player above the team.

agree, that is why i hate T.O but that is a topic for another day there is a reason why i do not go into the quarterback minefield thread
Share 49ersWebzone