There are 200 users in the forums

Does Alex Smith have any Trade Value???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone think he will stay a niner..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
AS will go to the next SB champ...seems like all the guys that leave here end up on SB teams..they might be on the bench..but they still get a ring
yes but unlike jj stokes, i think alex will make a contribution to what ever team he may land on next
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:

can not see it unless ck breaks a leg and alex comes in and goes back to playing well. he will not come back next year as a back up. i like him very much but i would lose my respect for him if he were to do that
Originally posted by cciowa:
if it becomes clear that alex will be leaving us after this year, i think and hope that the fans will be very nice to him in our last home game and it may even be nice if he could play. he has had to fight through alot of issues here with us. Yes some were of his own doing,, many were not in my opinion. he has been a good team mate, a good leader as i will never forget him doing camp alex with no contract. he led us to a title last year and was a big reason for our turn around so any hate directed to him now is illogical.Off the field he has been wonderfull in the community helping to look for lost kids, etc. I understand the team may go in a different mode and usually i could care less when niners become x niners but in the case of alex i will make an exception because i want to see him to well.i have a uneasy feeling about the way this whole thing went down and i feel very very bad for alex who did nothing wrong. to boo him at the last game is childish, juvenile and petty in my opinion and i hope the fans stand up and cheer for him,,, if this thing comes to the conclusion many of us think it will. if we do win the super bowl, i will give alot of credit to alex for it

Soooooooo...... 5th rounder?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
if it becomes clear that alex will be leaving us after this year, i think and hope that the fans will be very nice to him in our last home game and it may even be nice if he could play. he has had to fight through alot of issues here with us. Yes some were of his own doing,, many were not in my opinion. he has been a good team mate, a good leader as i will never forget him doing camp alex with no contract. he led us to a title last year and was a big reason for our turn around so any hate directed to him now is illogical.Off the field he has been wonderfull in the community helping to look for lost kids, etc. I understand the team may go in a different mode and usually i could care less when niners become x niners but in the case of alex i will make an exception because i want to see him to well.i have a uneasy feeling about the way this whole thing went down and i feel very very bad for alex who did nothing wrong. to boo him at the last game is childish, juvenile and petty in my opinion and i hope the fans stand up and cheer for him,,, if this thing comes to the conclusion many of us think it will. if we do win the super bowl, i will give alot of credit to alex for it

Soooooooo...... 5th rounder?
he will not be traded. ab and others have made that pretty clear to me,,,,, but to answer your question,, a third rounder

can not see it unless ck breaks a leg and alex comes in and goes back to playing well. he will not come back next year as a back up. i like him very much but i would lose my respect for him if he were to do that

Yeah that's what I was thinking at first 2 and I was like thers so many teams that would want him but if he gos to another team that doesn't have all the pieces in place he would probly not do well then he gos out with every one saying how bad he is and all that negative media stuff...man I just don't whant that to happen to him and yeah I'm with you on the arizona thing but ther o line sucks and then he woould have to deal with his old team mate trying to take him out twice a year...whenn I look at it like that I would ather just see him be a back up 4 us...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Yeah that's what I was thinking at first 2 and I was like thers so many teams that would want him but if he gos to another team that doesn't have all the pieces in place he would probly not do well then he gos out with every one saying how bad he is and all that negative media stuff...man I just don't whant that to happen to him and yeah I'm with you on the arizona thing but ther o line sucks and then he woould have to deal with his old team mate trying to take him out twice a year...whenn I look at it like that I would ather just see him be a back up 4 us...
i think he would relish a chance to play for arizona and to face us twice a year to prove to everyone jh was wrong. he is always up for a challenge. there is no way he would crawl back to us as a back up,, i just can not see it
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Highest rated passer in the NFL, highest completion percentage in the NFL, one of the highest yards per completion in the NFL, a great win/loss ratio and playoff experience What is not to like?
I think Im in the minority here, I generally am. But I see him going to the Giants as a back up, for about 3-4 million a year. Hes been on losing teams alot through the Nolan/Sing years, I dont see him starting over. Philly, Jets, Cards, Jags.......these are bottom tier teams, I dont think he wants to play for 9 more years hoping to get 8 wins after he was so close to a SB. Giants, maybe Pats, but I would guess either if traded or signs as a FA, he goes to a contender, even to be a backup. Hell, the Falcons or Vikings would make sense.

Look at the money that the Bears gave Campbell to be a backup whom was once a starter, in a year when there were good QB's in the draft. Hes terrible. I dont think Alex plays for the money, he never has, he plays to win. Its a shame that he will likely be leaving us, I always liked the guy, for his spirit, his love of the team, but I cant see him coming back next year. But when he goes, it wont be to some team that is so desperate to sign Kolb or Flynn or Cassell, it will be a contender, with the hopes that he can start again and beat us in the playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frozen49er:
I think Im in the minority here, I generally am. But I see him going to the Giants as a back up, for about 3-4 million a year. Hes been on losing teams alot through the Nolan/Sing years, I dont see him starting over. Philly, Jets, Cards, Jags.......these are bottom tier teams, I dont think he wants to play for 9 more years hoping to get 8 wins after he was so close to a SB. Giants, maybe Pats, but I would guess either if traded or signs as a FA, he goes to a contender, even to be a backup. Hell, the Falcons or Vikings would make sense.

Look at the money that the Bears gave Campbell to be a backup whom was once a starter, in a year when there were good QB's in the draft. Hes terrible. I dont think Alex plays for the money, he never has, he plays to win. Its a shame that he will likely be leaving us, I always liked the guy, for his spirit, his love of the team, but I cant see him coming back next year. But when he goes, it wont be to some team that is so desperate to sign Kolb or Flynn or Cassell, it will be a contender, with the hopes that he can start again and beat us in the playoffs.
also got to consider maybe he and his wife like the weather out there and would like to stay close by??

Any chance Norv Turner would grab him to compete with Rivers in SD?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My money is on him going to Oakland or KC.

Please not Oakland.

Things would get ugly around here. Alex Smith already gets the harshest of treatment from 9er fans as a 9er lol. If he played for the Raiders he would be the easiest player in history to despise as a 49er fan. I agree anywhere but there.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Any chance Norv Turner would grab him to compete with Rivers in SD?

oh i do not think turner will be there next year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My money is on him going to Oakland or KC.

Please not Oakland.

Things would get ugly around here. Alex Smith already gets the harshest of treatment from 9er fans as a 9er lol. If he played for the Raiders he would be the easiest player in history to despise as a 49er fan. I agree anywhere but there.
i think even as a raider, a majority of the fans would not boo him when he comes back. why should they? what did he do to warrant that type of treatment, esp the way it is apparantly coming to an end here for him?
Originally posted by frozen49er:

also got to consider maybe he and his wife like the weather out there and would like to stay close by??

I get that, I hear CA is nice. Wife, and a new kid. But where does he go? Oak? Thats a disaster waiting to happen, that team is 10 years or more from being a contender again, and with all they gave up for Palmer, I cant see that. SD? Norv is gone after this year, if he makes it that long. Rivers will have a new HC, maybe a GM that can keep talent on the team, why would anyone want to be a backup there? Hes not going to unseat Rivers, as terrible as hes been this year, it wont happen. Two bottom teams for the future, as long as Peyton is in DEN and their D stays healthy, thats their division for a good long time. I just cant see him with a loser, not after being so close.
Share 49ersWebzone