LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Does Alex Smith have any Trade Value???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
my prediction? Philly with Gruden.

Gruden always liked Smith...probably more so now.
I really can't say whether Alex has any trade value. His accomplishments for the past year and a half has me saying maybe, but the perception of him being the "Game Manager" has me saying not at all.

I would think that Gruden would want to start fresh with a QB out of the college ranks, but Alex could be his short-term stabilizing solution.
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
There's no way i can see Trent and Co paying Alex starter money as a back up.
He could very well be cut on or before 4/1/13 why would any team trade ffor him when they can get him as a free agent?

Exactly
Some people here take their dreams for reality
The niners have no leverage as they will most probably release him april the first. They will not pay him 8M€ on the bench
At best we can hope a tebow like trade to the jets : a 4th round to a team that doesn't want to take any risk loosing him to FA
but as we saw last year nobody was,pushing around to have an interview execpt Miami. And it didn't work out.
i hope he does, da mo picks da mo better
[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My money is on him going to Oakland or KC.

Please not Oakland.

i don't see him fitting in oakland. KC like's... no LOVES going after the top tier teams's #2's.

Cassel
Grbac
Bono
Montana (**#2 on a technicality only**)
Philly or the Jets in a trade.

Arizona if he is released..
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
We will get a 2nd round pick for Alex

We will get NOTHING for Alex.

The nature of his contract dictates that he will most likely be released in early march. The 49ers will probably try to sign him for backup money, but another team will offer him something better and he will be playing on another team next year. If Shaw at Stanford or Roman get NFL HC gigs, they will be first in line to sign Alex while simultaneously drafting a "QB of the future".

Alex Smith has officially just become Steve DeBerg (You know, the guy before THE guy). DeBerg was the starter in SF before Montana and then again in Denver before Elway. Kaep has a LONG way to go before he's in the Montana/Elway class...just sayin' I think Alex is destined to be the guy until THE guy is ready.

Look for the 49ers to stick with Kaep, back him up with Tolzien, sign Josh Johnson again and draft a QB in the later rounds of the draft to compete with him.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM ]
It be nices to get something ! But hes is going to get cut.Feels like a new era!
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Gruden always liked Smith...probably more so now.

Gruden also publicly stated that he never played (and never would play) a rookie QB. He'll look for a veteran QB.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My money is on him going to Oakland or KC.

Please not Oakland.

i don't see him fitting in oakland. KC like's... no LOVES going after the top tier teams's #2's.

Cassel
Grbac
Bono
Montana (**#2 on a technicality only**)

Or just ex-Niners QBs
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

arizona. i hope he does not go to philly. i like alex and i do not have a death wish for him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if it becomes clear that alex will be leaving us after this year, i think and hope that the fans will be very nice to him in our last home game and it may even be nice if he could play. he has had to fight through alot of issues here with us. Yes some were of his own doing,, many were not in my opinion. he has been a good team mate, a good leader as i will never forget him doing camp alex with no contract. he led us to a title last year and was a big reason for our turn around so any hate directed to him now is illogical.Off the field he has been wonderfull in the community helping to look for lost kids, etc. I understand the team may go in a different mode and usually i could care less when niners become x niners but in the case of alex i will make an exception because i want to see him to well.i have a uneasy feeling about the way this whole thing went down and i feel very very bad for alex who did nothing wrong. to boo him at the last game is childish, juvenile and petty in my opinion and i hope the fans stand up and cheer for him,,, if this thing comes to the conclusion many of us think it will. if we do win the super bowl, i will give alot of credit to alex for it
AS will go to the next SB champ...seems like all the guys that leave here end up on SB teams..they might be on the bench..but they still get a ring
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
AS will go to the next SB champ...seems like all the guys that leave here end up on SB teams..they might be on the bench..but they still get a ring

Yeah. Carr got one. I'll get very depressed if by leaving Smith gets a ring before the 49ers win another SB.
Share 49ersWebzone