There are 203 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by sfout:
Priority of reasons why we lost

Play calling

Colin Kaepernick

Bad execution

Penalties

Absense of Hunter

Where does Akers lie on there?

lol i edited it

Walker and Akers go inbetween execution and Colin Kaepernick
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I can't believe people are trying to defend CK despite his enormous part in losing this for us.

If Alex commits two turnovers/mistakes that gave up two Rams scores, he'd be crucified by a lot of fans here. WE DON'T HAVE TIME NOR DO WE HAVE THE LUXURY to "wait and find out" if this was just an isolated horrendous game by Kaepernick, or instead if he's actually been figured out by opponents and/or isn't ready just yet.

Can't agree more

x2
Yes, and we still took the lead on that possession. We, however, lost our lead because of a pitch that gave the Ram's their only touchdown of the day. I guess if Bradford can't do it, we need to?

Dude 7<3 points. The Rams couldn't score, game over.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I can't believe people are trying to defend CK despite his enormous part in losing this for us.

If Alex commits two turnovers/mistakes that gave up two Rams scores, he'd be crucified by a lot of fans here. WE DON'T HAVE TIME NOR DO WE HAVE THE LUXURY to "wait and find out" if this was just an isolated horrendous game by Kaepernick, or instead if he's actually been figured out by opponents and/or isn't ready just yet.

Nobody is disputing his mistakes lost us the game. When I sit back and take every play into account, I thought he played a decent game. He made good throws and made plays with his feet. At no point did I think the kid is overwhelmed and not ready. He's ready. We'll stick with him because he's the better player. That decision has already been made. Nothing to figure out
Unfortunately I think quite a few people on this board are disputing just that.
I'm still beside myself on this loss. It was a tough one and most importantly it should never have happened. Full blame goes to Roman. I'll use a baseball analogy. Alex Smith is a change up pitcher and Kaepernick throws a fastball. Well guess what? Alex is no longer the starting QB but yet Roman designs a game plan around a pitcher who throws change ups. You simply have to design a game plan that utilizes a QBs strength. Instead it was dink and dunk all day long. How many times did we challenge the Rams defense? They did a great job of bottling up Frank so throw the ball!!!! Try some play action passes or screen plays!!!!!! Damn you Roman!!!!!!! My grandmother could have called a better game.

Secondary goats were Akers and our offensive line.
Hats off to coach Fischer and the rams! They gave the Niners all they could handle and then some.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Dude 7<3 points. The Rams couldn't score, game over.

Take those 10 points that we gave them off the board, game over.
Rams are going to be a hell of an out twice a year for a long time.
Credit needs to be given to the Rams defense, who did a good job limiting the CK big play opportunity. The team needs to consider bringing in a different kicker because, for whatever reason, Akers sucks this year.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Are fricken kidding?? Did you not see the TD Walker dropped?

Yes, and we still took the lead on that possession. We, however, lost our lead because of a pitch that gave the Ram's their only touchdown of the day. I guess if Bradford can't do it, we need to?
So if Walker makes that TD catch we win! If Akers hits the fg we win! Those two plays were after the bad pitch!

• KID9R
  • Veteran
F#CKING Losers of the Game!!

1. REFS, If your going to penalize the coaches for challenging scoring plays, Then start F#CKING reviewing them!!!!!!!!

They also screwed up:

At least three blatent holds on Aldon and RJF (it happens)

The down by contact after the Ginn Toss.

The Givens catch in OT that he bobled out of bounds. The Rams knew it, thats why they hurried the next play.

Not getting ahead of the cheap a$$ $hit that the Rams are starting to do on a play after play basis. (Finnegan is the cheapest a hole in the league!) fact. Ahead of SUH

2. Greg Roman. Toss to Ginn? Pass to Walker under 2 mins? Settling for a 51 yard FG?

3. Kap. The terrible Toss, Running out of bounds and stopping the clock under 2 mins. Putting himself in positiion for the Refs to blow the safety call.

4. Ginn. JUMP ON THE FING BALL!!!!!!

5. Walker. Dropping a sure TD and comiting a penalty on the next play, stopping the clock twice.

6. Harbaugh for keeping Jacobs on this team and not activating James. James has way more to offer this team with Hunter down.

7. Akers

8. Goldson. For commiting the personal foul on Bradford in the final drive in regulation.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Regarding today's 49ers-Rams game:

1. In my opinion, Colin Kaepernick should remain the 49ers' starting QB.

2. I'm putting the blame for this loss solely on OC Greg Roman!! What was Ted Ginn doing in with the offense? WTF was that play? What was Roman thinking?

3. As for that intentional grounding call that resulted in the safety, Mike Pereira said during the game that it was a bad call.

4. David Akers failed again.

I think that Greg Roman's play-calling was too conservative.

Are you seriously blaming the play for the fumble? The play was an option read. Completely on Kaepernick. He should've known not to make that pitch, especially 3 feet over Ginn's head. Personally, it's a good play call in that given situation. Giving Ginn the ball in open field is never bad. However, Ginn was blanketed, causing the bad pitch. Horrible decision by Kaep.

Yeah, I agree. The players have to be accountable.

It was a horrible play call, but it was the players fault that it happened that way!
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Credit needs to be given to the Rams defense, who did a good job limiting the CK big play opportunity. The team needs to consider bringing in a different kicker because, for whatever reason, Akers sucks this year.

I dont know if you know this or not but Akers has a pelvic injury. Can you just imagine how hard it must be for a kicker to do his job with that kind of injury!
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
So if Walker makes that TD catch we win! If Akers hits the fg we win! Those two plays were after the bad pitch!

So us being ahead in the 4th Quarter 10-2, with the ball means nothing? We aren't in the position to need a Walker catch or a field goal if that toss doesn't happen. The Ram's didn't score a TD on offense all day. We might as well blame the Defense for not stopping them from hitting the field goal at the end of regulation. Point is, Kaep doesn't pitch that ball, we win.
Originally posted by 2000sooners:
It was a horrible play call, but it was the players fault that it happened that way!

True but you NEVER put in a cutesy pie play like that when you have a newer QB and a backup WR who's had problems fielding kicks. It was sooooooo off the charts bad it was comical.
Share 49ersWebzone