LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
People blaming kaep for the kiss are blind. Kaep doesn't call the plays, he's not walker or Akers, and he can't block for himself. Only one that helped him out was Crabtree. My biggest gripe is with harbaugh for allowing the stupid conservativeness thinking Akers is automatic with long kicks and letting roman call those stupid plays. Also what the f**k is ginn doing on offense?? More and more I'm getting pissed with the Jenkins and James pick, I know they're talented and we pretty much wasted those 2 picks. Walker only needs to see the field as a blocker not a wr, play f**king Jenkins

I don't blame CK for the loss, but neither do I think he played well. I believe his best game was the Bears, his worst was today. That said, he is in his fourth game (counting the first Ram game where he played 3/4) so you have to expect ups and downs. My concern is that a loss to a bad team...what does that mean against good or great teams?

Have they figured him out? Doubt it, but who knows. JH should know whether this is possible...with his experience.
You mean like the Bears?

Today was FAR less a CK fail than it was a HORRIBLE game plan from Greg Roman.

Today has me taking stock of Greg Roman's competence.
Akers cost us two wins this year. We'd be 10-2 had it not been for his terrible kicks. I will be upset if he is still on this roster next Sunday.
If refs knew the safety rules niners win.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Listening to KNBR... I think they forgot the D only gave up 5 points today

they only gave up 6
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by keeferr75:
If refs knew the safety rules niners win.

If Harbaugh sticks to Alex, 49ers win period.
[ Edited by SwissNiner1255 on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM ]
Do some feel these are the same Rams that Alex has played in the past? Do some just expect us to improve and not other teams?

we lost this game for many reasons...as Bill Walsh said along time about. "Refs are inept Idiots!" you can't expect them to do their jobs...and in certain situations you have to protect your own team from them, if that makes sense.

Dashon needs to know that....although his play was legal when you look at the replay, late in the game its better not taking a chance. I know he was trying to make a play, but its hard to make anything positive happen there besides a good hit. (again I don't blame him because it was legal, but its just better not trying it at that crucial time)

same with certain play calls in the game....its like we play conservative at the wrong times and "aggressive"? (at least with tricky stuff) at the wrong times. There was NO reason to call that play to Ginn with us backed up into our endzone....obviously Ginn is playing for Kyle being injured, and maybe Kyle has that down....but even with Kyle healthy that would be a stupid call with us leading by 10 and with us backed up like that...you don't give the defense (whole team) a chance to get back into it, with potential mistake plays. I have to see the replay again, but it looked high toss.....Ginn should fell on it...and Ginns butt was on the guy, BUT the Refs f'd up again.

that is on Kaep on giving Ginn a better placed ball. That is what he has control over in that situation.

If some are blaming Kaep on that Safety then I'm not even going to argue much because then it won't go anyware... Sure the same example about Dashon could've went into that situation..but I don't know what you would want to tell your young QB in that situation. (I'm sure some Kaep critics can think of something)

but besides that I think he did well. converted ALOT of 3rd downs....and got us into situation to win by TD and FG....with no running game for most of the day really.

I liked how he bounced back after each time they needed him, and put up some nice drives that put us into position to get points....as well as win games.
Gotta love it. Defense gives up 2 FGs and a 2pt conversion and we still lost!

What happened to the "more explosive" offense the Niners have with Kaep? Where did the offensive line go? Where did the great playcalling go?

Sorry ass game by the offense, to include the play callers and players
This loss falls on the play calling and the Oline. Kaepernick played well considering the pressure he was facing, and I honestly think that he's the reason we didn't have 6-7 sacks instead of 3. He made great throws all day, didn't force any passes and didn't throw any ints. I would have liked to see more passes to Gore to slow down the pass rush and. Ted Ginn is a p@ssy and it shows when he's gonna take contact. Kaepernick made passes today with precise placement that unfortunately Alex doesn't make. I was know some Alex fans would like him to start but I think think we would've been beaten soundly if he was the starter. Kaepernick put us in position to win the game multiple times, but Akers misses the kick and Walker drops a DIME for a TD. Alex never makes that throw.
In order here is why we lost

Roman/Harbaugh for stupid play calling mixed with ultra conservative trust Akers crap

Refs the safety was BS and the fumble TD was questionable at best

Walker for not catching a perfect would be game winning TD

OL played horrible, blame Kaep if u want but Alex takes way more sacks if he's in the game and doesn't get that big 50 yard run. Also do we really think he would have passed better the way the OL was playing? Really?

Akers do we expect him to hit 50+ yard FGs? Nope so why didn't we play for a TD or short kick after the shank punt? See #1

Finally Kaep he didn't step up and play a great game and that's his job

Lastly, the D played one hell of a game and we can't lose sight of that. Sign Nick Kaeding, stop playing not to lose. This was the worst the OL played all year they will bounce back. Kaep IS our QB like it or not, I prefer he takes a couple lumps now to get ready for the playoffs.
week 1 WIN
week 2 WIN
week 3 LOSS
week 4 WIN
week 5 WIN
week 6 LOSS
week 7 WIN
week 8 WIN
BYE
week 10 TIE
week 11 WIN
week 12 WIN
week 13 LOSS

the way this pattern is going we will lose the NFCC game again.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

they only gave up 6

Forgot the first FG... 5 in regulation... 3 in OT
  • Tman
  • Veteran
the rams played with the same refs we did
  • Garce
  • Veteran
A new low for Greg Roman, his play calling, and the offensive game plan.

8 actually...but I get your point. The defense was great today. Definitely not the reason why we lost.
Originally posted by matt49er:
In order here is why we lost

Roman/Harbaugh for stupid play calling mixed with ultra conservative trust Akers crap

Refs the safety was BS and the fumble TD was questionable at best

Walker for not catching a perfect would be game winning TD

OL played horrible, blame Kaep if u want but Alex takes way more sacks if he's in the game and doesn't get that big 50 yard run. Also do we really think he would have passed better the way the OL was playing? Really?

Akers do we expect him to hit 50+ yard FGs? Nope so why didn't we play for a TD or short kick after the shank punt? See #1

Finally Kaep he didn't step up and play a great game and that's his job

Lastly, the D played one hell of a game and we can't lose sight of that. Sign Nick Kaeding, stop playing not to lose. This was the worst the OL played all year they will bounce back. Kaep IS our QB like it or not, I prefer he takes a couple lumps now to get ready for the playoffs.

Ginn not diving on the ball is #1 by a long shot.
Share 49ersWebzone